Advises needed for purchasing Lumix

Status
Not open for further replies.
last PLUG, i was pointed out that PA is shorter so the camera lens come just nice b4 the filters len.

For the original adapter, there's lots of space between the camera lens and filter lens, thus maybe showing vigetting... :(

LOL size wise.. hmmm ya.. i've got small hands. sad to say, even smaller than some girls... if u have big hands then FZ5 is gonna be hard to to hold.. That I must say. and FZ5 got this plasticky feel.. u may not like..
picture quality wise.. hmmmm next plug outing i wanna try borrow a FZ1, 10, 20 to test test see... :) but my initial impression is that FZ5 is much cleaner.. but if anything, a bit too sharp

saifulbahar said:
Actually I love my 300D. But because I do lots of travel and street shootings, having 300D is no good. With the battery grip, people tend to think I'm a reporter and that prevents me from getting good street shoots.... That's why I'm considering the FZ20 as my 2nd body. I love the strength of the lens of FZ20 that made me consider.

Will join you guys on your next PLUG, but without the Lumix yet, is that ok to all? Just wanna be sure I see you guys at work with the Lumix.

Come, come and join, with or without Lumix, we are all fans of photography, aren't we?

MDZ2 said:
I think my only gripes about the FZ10 is that it doesn't have a manual zoom, its minimum aperture is only F8 and the highest quality only yields 1.6mb (no raw mode). Then again I am comparing this to an SLR so not fair hehehe ;)

As for manual focus, sometimes you need to lock the focus when taking shots in the dark and when the autofocus cannot "see"

An comparing it to FZ5, I think the FZ5 does not have a fixed F2.8 lens right?

Eeerrrr...manual zoom as in those zoom for SLR or DSLR lens?? FZ20 also dun have, other prosumer range of camera also dun have rite?? :dunno:

Zenten said:
I traded off my 20 (FZ20) for a 70 and a 10 (no guessing what they are).

The 10 will come in handy when I do macro and close-ups. As for the 70, it is there for me when I need to up the tempo at events and fashion shoots.

Sigh ....I am torn between two lovers ...... :bheart:

Hahahaha...so you are like me: Long and dark lor? ;)

I am currently 70-10 too....

Hong Jia said:
1. Yes, above 100 ISO it would become pretty grainy, partly due to the small CCD used. Once u underexposed the photo and rev up the brightness and contrast, the grain would show... but then again... if u print to 4R i doubt the picture would be grainy... correct me if wrong, i never print before.
Ricky, always complain when i send him test shoots at 100 ISO, he everytime say how come so grainy.

2. Phayee got 2 things... tube which commonly known as the adaptor step down to 62mm... and phayee oso have the lotus hood.

62mm filters are cheaper and easier to find.

Phayee Tube cost around 25 and Lotus hood about 18-20... i am not sure about the pricing u muz contact JimDavis <--- unoffical main distributor of phayee stuff...

Phayee lens hood - S$25.00/piece
Phayee Lotus hood - S$17.00/piece
Phayee remote shutter control for FZ20 - S$15.00/piece

:) ;) :cool:

Think people will start to complain me to take opportunity to "advertise" here again...

Hong Jia said:
Ricky, always complain when i send him test shoots at 100 ISO, he everytime say how come so grainy.

Really?? I got make such comment ah.... hmmmm... cannot remember... short memory.

I dun like to go beyond iso80 for my ex-FZ20..

Hopefully the upcoming series will be worth the wait. I am yearning for a nice tiny p&s.... if pana still cannot make it, I will have to get a 2nd Sith Body haha

Can anyone advise what is the filter size to fit the original FZ5 lens adpator? :dunno: Believe the PA for FZ20 and FZ5 are also different? Anyone selling PA for FZ5?

Fuji Olykon said:
Can anyone advise what is the filter size to fit the original FZ5 lens adpator? :dunno: Believe the PA for FZ20 and FZ5 are also different? Anyone selling PA for FZ5?

In term of original tube adapters, the Fz20 tube has 72mm thread, while Fz5 has tube with 55mm thread.

The phayee adapter applies only for FZ10/20 as far as I recall, and is flush against the extended lens, and has a thread of 62mm.

felixcat8888 said:
Hi Natnivek,

Thanks for the wake up call. Looks like the FZ-20 for me liao, unless someone poke me otherwise (unlikely).

FZ-20
AP $908.25
MS $911.50
CP no reply

FZ-5
AP $666.75
MS same
CP no reply

No to starve myself until this weekend then go to AP/MS to buy.

Cheers.....

I played with my office FZ10 today and suddently all my urge to buy the FZ20 is gone...the size is simply too big and after a while, my hands actually got tired! So its FZ5 for me now..heh heh...I though the FZ5 is selling at $660 with bag, 256MB card and 3-joint tripod?

I think the size for FZ10/20 is just nice... the grip could be better thot, not big enough to hold comfortably..and I don't have big hands mind you. Small cameras feel like toy leh haha, no professional feel :p, cannot help to give confident LOL

I can bet 99% with all the guys here, my hand is the biggest among you all. But I don't feel anything wierd of uncomfortable holding the FZ5. How come handphone nobody complain too small to hold :dunno:
So anyone? Next outing let's do it! "I will challenge for Biggest hand contest"???

Guys, me here is looking to upgrade to a dSLR thus have to sell away my FZ20 if i do... it's a difficult decision & i kept thinking, asking & reading but cannot decide yet. My candidate for the dSLR is a strange one though, the Pentax *ist DS. There are several drawing factor for me to the camera, though i read in many places performance is below par for a 6.1mp dSLR. I cannot decide even after days of thinking, advice anyone?

wait for D50 before you make your decision.

The Pentax is a good camera. I still have my Z-20 since 1993 and it is still used one in a while. More so by the CO as she likes the feel and weight (not too heavy).

She did not like the Canon AE-1 that I have as being mental, it is heavy for her.

Anyway, I love both cameras and now am aiming for the Panasonic.

Cheers.....

Wah, 1 night disappear and so many posts... you guys very scary... :bsmilie:

felixcat8888 said:
saw some but by the time too late liao.

Why upgrading? DSLRs ??

Cheers....
I guess so... Same thing happen to me. The fz20 gave me sooo much but it's just short of some things that makes me feel like switching too. (Still making)

saifulbahar said:
But because I do lots of travel and street shootings, having 300D is no good. With the battery grip, people tend to think I'm a reporter and that prevents me from getting good street shoots.... .
Haha... This is the first time I'm hearing this. Often people would say that having a DSLR will give them a more pro look and the public will not complain about you taking pictures... But what you said makes sense too I guess. :)

JimDavis said:
Eeerrrr...manual zoom as in those zoom for SLR or DSLR lens?? FZ20 also dun have, other prosumer range of camera also dun have rite??
I think Sony 828 also have...

rhair said:
Hopefully the upcoming series will be worth the wait. I am yearning for a nice tiny p&s....
At the rate technology is going, I'm hoping that the prosumer range will advance until I can get the pictures I want without the gross amount of money spent. (Pana's OIS & 12x f2.8,, Nikon's high usable ISO, Sony's manual zoom & focus, a simple firmware update for brighter evf...) The technology is there!!! Just not consolidated... Sigh... :rolleyes:

dominator said:
How come handphone nobody complain too small to hold?
Haha.. No one complain needles too sharp also mah... Some people like it big... :bsmilie:

ricky/HJ: You two forever like that one leh! Haha... Farney... ;)

LifeWorld said:
Minolta A2 has!!!

natnivek said:
I think Sony 828 also have...

Hmmmm.....looks like I need to get an update and re-assess and see should I jump ship liao... ;p

Sorry for the OT but does anyone here has a 58-55mm step-down ring? JimDavis?

duo said:
So Fz10 vs Fz20 wise, which would u prefer? :rolleyes:
I can't say since I have never used the 20. But I have heard that the 20 is noiser than the 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.