Abuse of authority by Singapore Bus Service Traffic Wardens

Status
Not open for further replies.
The power of convenient camera/video phone and internet. I remember that handicap parking lots used to be abused and only really respected when someone's (non-handicap) car parked in a handicap lot was photographed and published in the newspapers. That's was really effective as I realised handicap lots were left empty most of the time, i.e. not abused, after that.

Kudos to Youtube!

shouldn't they suppose to have their breakfast before they started work???
these people ought to be FIRED immediately!!!!:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

then i also kena fired liao lah, since i eat breakfast at my desk every working day :bsmilie:

seriously these traffic wardens.. haiz.. dunno wat to say. :sweat:

Did they disturb or curse you. They are not your enemies. U will cause them to loose their jobs if you report to the media. The wives, children and parents will be come hungry. They will jump. Can you be responsible for their actions. Think about it before destroying people's lives.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3v96fSeGWdE

:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :nono:

Haiz...

Did they disturb or curse you. They are not your enemies. U will cause them to loose their jobs if you report to the media. The wives, children and parents will be come hungry. They will jump. Can you be responsible for their actions. Think about it before destroying people's lives.

ya man i agree with u!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: let the matter rest

70?cheap lah.
just make sure they post the pic here for C&C:bsmilie:

Wah lau eh... $70 per pic! I don't think pro make that much money! Remember their photos don't get rejected and there is no need to Photoshop.

well, perhaps they should have given a little more thought to their actions as well? :think:

I'm concerned if this incident is an indication of a larger problem that may exist becos of outsourcing such enforcement functions to private companies.

well, perhaps they should have given a little more thought to their actions as well? :think:

I'm concerned if this incident is an indication of a larger problem that may exist becos of outsourcing such enforcement functions to private companies

Bingo!

Don't think they'd be fired because of this. Maybe a few promotions affected..

Anyways, it's in the news today, Straits Times.. =) Just fyi! The company's statement only said that they'd be disciplined, not dismissed or fired or anything like that, so I guess there's no such result.

look at this...

the mpv owner parked his car in bus lane/double yellow line, is already wrong. to avoid the fine, cant his wife wave or talk to warden? i belive some of your has experince such situation whether at carpark or infront of kopi shop etc....
if the warden stop n parked their bike on double yellow line, and snap pix of the offened car, is there anything wrong? they're doing their duty by catching motorist that dont follow rule that stated.

BUt no excuse if they park at the roadside because it is nearer to the kopishop for brf!!!

ya man i agree with u!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: let the matter rest

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don't both of you have any common sense? Firstly, they booked the chap for parking at double yellow lines. Then later, they themselves parked at double yellow lines for breakfast when clearly there is a carpark behind the coffee shop.

Can't you comprehend that there is a double standard? It is not a matter of "did they disturb or curse you" or not. This is a clear case of abuse of authority, an irony that as enforcers themselves break the rules they suppose to enforce. Are both of you trying to say offenders should be let off without due punishment? I believe the MPV driver is pissed because of the double standard, not because he got booked.

i wonder if there is really a need to have these SBS wardens to keep look and have the bus services in order? as for me so far have not seen bus really got stuck at the bus stop by cars parking in front of them. there are always on and off vehicles stop near by to pick up or drop off passengers......should not be a real problem. unless it really park there and the driver goes MIA.
if these so call warden is going to snap and caught every cars that park there for just that little while........then we drivers i do not know how many summons we are going to hit per year.
will like to hear more comments regarding this......:)

wondering who never have their breakfast ONCE after they started work? then everyone should be fired? :bsmilie:
Me,i don't take breakfast. Think before post reply?

If the wardens are doing their work and have to be stationed their bikes beside them on the road, it is reasonable.

If they left their bikes unattended on a busy road, just to have a short walking distance to have their makan, it is absurb....use their BLAIN use their BLAIN...dun play play....

I don't drive... but from what I see.. these guys are really taking breaking their own law... really absurb!!! They catch people breaking the law but they themselves are doing it and giving excuse such as having breakfast? So if one is having breakfast, can they break the law? Maybe they go out to saman first, get the $70 to buy breakfast....

Whatever it is... they are indeed breaking the law which they themselves are suppose to enforce... I really wish they get it... not only from their bosses... but from the higher authority.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don't both of you have any common sense? Firstly, they booked the chap for parking at double yellow lines. Then later, they themselves parked at double yellow lines for breakfast when clearly there is a carpark behind the coffee shop.

Can't you comprehend that there is a double standard? It is not a matter of "did they disturb or curse you" or not. This is a clear case of abuse of authority, an irony that as enforcers themselves break the rules they suppose to enforce. Are both of you trying to say offenders should be let off without due punishment? I believe the MPV driver is pissed because of the double standard, not because he got booked.

No, I think he being book is the catalyst. Do you think he would have taken the trouble to take the video if he wasn't booked? Probably he'll smile at them for letting him off!

No, I think he being book is the catalyst. Do you think he would have taken the trouble to take the video if he wasn't booked? Probably he'll smile at them for letting him off!

But of course. However the main issue is still the double standard.

But of course. However the main issue is still the double standard.

yup, the main thing is the double standard that they practise......wait till someone go take a pic of those carpark warden issuing summons to others while they themselve nv put any parking coupon on their bike.

I don't drive... but from what I see.. these guys are really taking breaking their own law... really absurb!!! They catch people breaking the law but they themselves are doing it and giving excuse such as having breakfast? So if one is having breakfast, can they break the law? Maybe they go out to saman first, get the $70 to buy breakfast....

Whatever it is... they are indeed breaking the law which they themselves are suppose to enforce... I really wish they get it... not only from their bosses... but from the higher authority.

Bu Zhun Min Dian Deng Zhi Ke Rang Kuan Fang Huo;(

Status
Not open for further replies.