A reckless driving that almost cost 2 life

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i must remember to use safety belt .... i always find it a hassle... it is so uncomfortable...

and regarding your "finding" of China ppl.... sigh ... what else can we say... i have heard and read about it so many times.... i think the cultural revolution and their adoption of Communism really destroyed alot of good values passed down by ancient Chinese.... i love ancient China much more than what China is now....

I love China but dont love the people but does not mean I dislike them.

I applaud your bravery for pulling your friend out of the wreckage. God bless.

Glad to see that you are safe.

Always remember to drive safely in future, it's better late than never ...

Glad you are safe man... in foreign country if the driver is speeding and in condition that is not safe, you must say your piece and tell him to slow down, no negotiation... don't care. Even in Singapore, my wife have stop a taxi she was traveling in half-way before reaching destination and flagged another taxi because she felt unsafe by his driving, we have to do the right thing regardless what people think.

Cannot gamble with life like that, come home safely to your family, take care man.

../azul123

Good that you walked out of the accident with only bruise and cuts. I have lost 3 friends in road accidents - 2 overseas and 1 in Singapore. Apparently straight roads are temptations to speed. One of my colleagues also met with a similiar accident as yours on his way to Shanghai Pudong airport. That stretch of road is full of speeding and over-confident drivers in unsafe and old cars. Which is why, I always take the magnetic rail and have someone picked me up at Longyang station instead.

Thank you guys for the well wishes!

Yes, a safety belt a must be it urself as a driver or passenger...:)

Relieved to read that both of you were not seriously hurt, and you managed to pull the driver out to safety quickly.

I believe the seat belt play a big part in this accident. In a multi-impact accident, occupants could be thrown out of the car if they were not secured.

Glad to know you are safe and ok.

am glad you are safe and sound bro :)

MAN!!.I'm glad you and the rest survived the accident without any major injuries. Really glad to know that you are safe Thomas..

Glad you are ok and safe, please take care! :sweat:

Wow.. very shocking to read the incident. Glad you guys are okay and no one is badly hurt. *phew*

Thank you all for the well wishes!

Relieved to read that both of you were not seriously hurt, and you managed to pull the driver out to safety quickly.

I believe the seat belt play a big part in this accident. In a multi-impact accident, occupants could be thrown out of the car if they were not secured.

ouch.

glad that you were unhurt.

Indeed God is great! He has a plan for your future, so live your second chance for Him! What an experience. Many angels must be in hospital now!

Glad that you are safe and well. Traffic in China is really unbelievably scary the few times i was there.

I had a scary accident back in 2006 too in Australia that changed my life even though there were no casualties or injuries. Thank God that we're all still alive and well. :)

Hope you are ok mate. Thats one bad mess.

One big mess indeed!

Thank you all for the well wishes!

Actually Buick is not exactly the expensive range. It is just a parallel brand in GM.

It is just like how the Skoda Octavia is the same as the Volkswagen Jetta (Bora).

The Excelle is the starter model in Buick line up. The realy good and tough ones are the Buick Lacrosse and Buick Regal.

buick is their expensive range. any other china car is gg to be crushed at 110km/h.

Looks like something based on the Chevrolet Optra

It is a Buick Excelle (called 别克 Bie Ke in China) made in Shanghai, by General Motors China.

I dont really know what is the car model or maker! Only matter is both of us are safe..

BTW bro, sorry to hear of the unhelpful drivers you encountered along the way. My experience was very different in Shanghai. Almost every one stopped and helped out at my accident. And it was 1am.

Thomas, very glad to hear that you and your party got out ok. I remember my own accident in Shanghai, when on an elevated highway, the taxi driver fell asleep, hit one divider, causing the car to swerve hard to the other direction, hit the other divider, and our taxi flew up in the air, and flipped 3 times and landed upside down. Me and my gf (ex gf now) walked away from the accident. I only sustained a hairline crack in my knee which is all healed in a couple of months. We could have flow off the elevated highway or something.

Sometimes we as passengers have to remind the driver to slow down and don't do this and don't do that. After my accident in the cab, I always keep all my drivers sharp by staying awake, and alerting the drivers. I will also not hesitate to instruct (or even scold) the drivers to drive safe. When I drive in China (yes, I have a china driver's license), I always drive very defensively.

Once again bro, shocked to hear of the accident, but very relieved to know you and your party are ok. Stay safe. Guandong province area has been very wet recently, so stay dry too.

Sorry bout to hear bout the incident too. Yep, stay safe and cheers for the well wish..

Sorry bout to hear bout the incident too. Yep, stay safe and cheers for the well wish..

My accident happened way back in Dec 2005. A long long time ago but I still remember it very clearly.

There is another thing on my mind that I would like to hear from you all:

1. To forgive the driver and seeing him, ignore his presence whenever see him?

2. To forgive the driver and seeing him, just act as this incident did not happened before?

3. To forgive the driver and wish not to see him?

Or what would your reaction or thoughts if you are in my shoe. Yes, I do forgive him being reckless and causes this incident but the thing is, I had warned him several time before this happened and even asked him to take it slow as we are not rushing.

His ignorance is not acceptable!

My accident happened way back in Dec 2005. A long long time ago but I still remember it very clearly.

I dont think it can be erase from the brain....

I had many accidents before due to self reckless but this time, being so aware and careful, and yet, the other party is reckless...

Thankfully the passenger cage compartment remained intact and the fuel did not catch fire. Or else will be much worse. :eek:
Saw those crash test of china cars in youtube...the car became crushed paper...:eek:

2. To forgive the driver and seeing him, just act as this incident did not happened before?

Or what would your reaction or thoughts if you are in my shoe. Yes, I do forgive him being reckless and causes this incident but the thing is, I had warned him several time before this happened and even asked him to take it slow as we are not rushing.

I will forgive. But if he is under my payroll/management, I will fire him. Because, even after warnings, he refuses to adjust his driving attitude. And his recklessness will be a liability to me and my company.

But I see him, I will still talk to him, as long as it has nothing to do with his driving. Can still be friends, but will not sit in a vehicle he is driving, ever again.

Thankfully the passenger cage compartment remained intact and the fuel did not catch fire. Or else will be much worse. :eek:
Saw those crash test of china cars in youtube...the car became crushed paper...:eek:

Actually not all china cars are bad la. In my accident in shanghai, being in a china made VW Santana, is probably the reason I am still alive. The structure and top is hard as hell.

But the QQ?, no freaking way.

So glad that you are OK & lived to tell your story! Its a good reminder that reckless driving can kill!
I often drive along Malaysia trunk roads to KL, and I love to speed & overtake trucks and cars, even when there is oncoming vehicles ........ guess will think about your story before I floor the pedal to hear the V6 growl & overtake the next container truck.

Thank goodness you were not badly hurt by this lunatic driver.
Having just experienced the mad driving conditions in Xi'An, I know that the drivers there have very little regard for common sense driving. Just horn and go for it! I feared for life and limb each time I sat in a cab or bus (all had no functioning seat belts). I feared for life and limb as a pedestrian too! They just ignored all the traffic lights and just kept going, horning as required.
I ain't going back there unless I have to.

I remembered a local in China told me that Zebras crossing are meant for Zebras only, use it at your own risk.:confused: Someone also told me that this is also true in Thailand.

hi

it is best to forgive another, bcos not forgiving other only means not forgiving oneself, only means punishing oneself... isn't it a BURDEN not to forgive someone? to be angry , to be upset ... all these negative emotions are a burden... it waste our precious time away.

what has been done cannot be undone... be it his fault or not..... but we decide the future... we can decide how we want to live our life....

relax, be happy :)

I will forgive him... but I will not sit in the same car as him again (unless he is not driving it). :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.