A reckless driving that almost cost 2 life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really glad that the chasis of the vehicle did not break from the impact.

What make & model is that car?

Looks like something based on the Chevrolet Optra

Wow.. very shocking to read the incident. Glad you guys are okay and no one is badly hurt. *phew*

Glad to know you are ok.
Your description is scary.
Having to depend on other ppl to drive always gives me the creeps.

Looks like something based on the Chevrolet Optra

It is a Buick Excelle (called 别克 Bie Ke in China) made in Shanghai, by General Motors China.

Thomas, very glad to hear that you and your party got out ok. I remember my own accident in Shanghai, when on an elevated highway, the taxi driver fell asleep, hit one divider, causing the car to swerve hard to the other direction, hit the other divider, and our taxi flew up in the air, and flipped 3 times and landed upside down. Me and my gf (ex gf now) walked away from the accident. I only sustained a hairline crack in my knee which is all healed in a couple of months. We could have flow off the elevated highway or something.

Sometimes we as passengers have to remind the driver to slow down and don't do this and don't do that. After my accident in the cab, I always keep all my drivers sharp by staying awake, and alerting the drivers. I will also not hesitate to instruct (or even scold) the drivers to drive safe. When I drive in China (yes, I have a china driver's license), I always drive very defensively.

Once again bro, shocked to hear of the accident, but very relieved to know you and your party are ok. Stay safe. Guandong province area has been very wet recently, so stay dry too.

Last edited:
buick is their expensive range. any other china car is gg to be crushed at 110km/h.

I see that the accident was actually in a China highway :sweat::sweat:

that's place is even worse than Malaysia highway. Just last week we were in a packed bus (old and average condition) in outskirt Shanghai, and the bus driver was doing like in excess of 100km/hr. Most of the office workers were dozing off in the heat but we were like standing with our balls shrank and hardened and was not expecting to come back to Singapore alive!

Not too long ago, the very successful Singaporean Chairwoman of the Milcom group was driven head on in a Xian highway by a very reckless Chinese driver!

BTW bro, sorry to hear of the unhelpful drivers you encountered along the way. My experience was very different in Shanghai. Almost every one stopped and helped out at my accident. And it was 1am.

Glad to see that you are safe.

Always remember to drive safely in future, it's better late than never ...

buick is their expensive range. any other china car is gg to be crushed at 110km/h.

Actually Buick is not exactly the expensive range. It is just a parallel brand in GM.

It is just like how the Skoda Octavia is the same as the Volkswagen Jetta (Bora).

The Excelle is the starter model in Buick line up. The realy good and tough ones are the Buick Lacrosse and Buick Regal.

Glad you are safe man... in foreign country if the driver is speeding and in condition that is not safe, you must say your piece and tell him to slow down, no negotiation... don't care. Even in Singapore, my wife have stop a taxi she was traveling in half-way before reaching destination and flagged another taxi because she felt unsafe by his driving, we have to do the right thing regardless what people think.

Cannot gamble with life like that, come home safely to your family, take care man.

../azul123

Good that you walked out of the accident with only bruise and cuts. I have lost 3 friends in road accidents - 2 overseas and 1 in Singapore. Apparently straight roads are temptations to speed. One of my colleagues also met with a similiar accident as yours on his way to Shanghai Pudong airport. That stretch of road is full of speeding and over-confident drivers in unsafe and old cars. Which is why, I always take the magnetic rail and have someone picked me up at Longyang station instead.

MAN!!.I'm glad you and the rest survived the accident without any major injuries. Really glad to know that you are safe Thomas..

Glad to know you are safe and ok.

Hope you are ok mate. Thats one bad mess.

Glad that you are safe and well. Traffic in China is really unbelievably scary the few times i was there.

I had a scary accident back in 2006 too in Australia that changed my life even though there were no casualties or injuries. Thank God that we're all still alive and well. :)

Indeed God is great! He has a plan for your future, so live your second chance for Him! What an experience. Many angels must be in hospital now!

Status
Not open for further replies.