A cure for LBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have added a fourth
* Ignore fengwei's posts. He's always got too many interesting things for sale. :)

Watch out the b&s forum, I'm gonna list some more things there soon, so I can follow Tim's suggestions: sell some before you buy some ;)

Wow.. I juz learnt that there is this LBA virus. As a new K-X user, i was wondering what hit me.. i was really looking at the B&S on a daily basis and got 2 lenses even b4 i got my K-X to play with. :eek:

There's juz this urge as a newbie to "get that lens for experiment". But my pocket really cannot make it already. lol. So that's how i'm curbing the urge for the moment but scared leh that once payday come, spend on lenses.. :embrass:

Heh heh... Welcome to Pentax and hello to LBA. Go easy on the lens buying... :bsmilie:

It's a very serious disease if it hurts the pocket. :sweat:

Watch out the b&s forum, I'm gonna list some more things there soon, so I can follow Tim's suggestions: sell some before you buy some ;)

Hahahaha... it's a lens buying and selling Merry-go-around. Fengwei, i think your lenses are super duper good and will definitely buy from you (if the wallet and bank is strong and willing). :D

I think must form a "circle of lens" group. I buy one, you buy one, and everybody swapped. If spoilt then the spoiler will have to compensate but otherwise all win-win. Can try different lenses and at the same time, no need to spend so much $$$. Which is the whole point of LBA... well, at least for me. ;p

Hahahaha... it's a lens buying and selling Merry-go-around. Fengwei, i think your lenses are super duper good and will definitely buy from you (if the wallet and bank is strong and willing). :D

I think must form a "circle of lens" group. I buy one, you buy one, and everybody swapped. If spoilt then the spoiler will have to compensate but otherwise all win-win. Can try different lenses and at the same time, no need to spend so much $$$. Which is the whole point of LBA... well, at least for me. ;p

Swapping seems to introduce more poison... ;) Once you swap and try, then kinda fall in love with it, u end up buying it. lol. :think:

You sure? So you are not thinking of getting a long 300mm lens anymore ?
Wah, dun poison him. After getting that lovely F*300 from fengwei, I had to spend another ~$1k (ok, sound like hao lian here) on its support system. Sometimes, the gross lens price is like i said, only gross. Add in a good filter, hood, probably a base plate, support system etc and the costs snow-ballsss!!!!!

Seriously, isn't LBA part of the fun in photography?

Swapping seems to introduce more poison... ;) Once you swap and try, then kinda fall in love with it, u end up buying it. lol. :think:

That's the whole idea... if want to be poisoned, must be poisoned with the best poison. Also follow timo's LBA Cure rule #1 (See post 16)

* Don't buy a new lens unless you are willing to sell an old lens at the same time. That way (a) there will be room in your dry box and (b) you might recoup part of the cost.

:bsmilie:

Exactly, pentaxians here are too nice that they will let you (often encourage you) to try their lens. And once you play with it, you are very likely to buy one later.

Simple cure... don't browse on Forums like Pentax forums and Clubsnap.
Don't read lens reviews...

but those things won't happen at least for me... :)

Oh my.. hehe.. Hope i don't get too poisoned during the outing tomorro. Heh..

Wah, dun poison him. After getting that lovely F*300 from fengwei, I had to spend another ~$1k (ok, sound like hao lian here) on its support system. Sometimes, the gross lens price is like i said, only gross. Add in a good filter, hood, probably a base plate, support system etc and the costs snow-ballsss!!!!!

Seriously, isn't LBA part of the fun in photography?

$1k on support systems!!! :faint:

But I agree, LBA is part of the fun. I always know that I'm very likely to take a hit once I find that I'm researching very hard on a certain type of lens. And I BBB knowing that the lens will serve me well. Not just lenses, got filters, bags, flash, etc... Feeling good with the new acquisition is part of the experience. :) In fact, my impulse buy turned out to be the least satisfying, maybe I just need to make an effort to use it more. But in a way that kinda defeats the purpose...

Simple cure... don't browse on Forums like Pentax forums and Clubsnap.
Don't read lens reviews...

but those things won't happen at least for me... :)

Very hard to resist... especially when looking for the all-power-super-sharp-contrasty-bokehlicious lens to rule them all. At least for me... and new lenses keep popping out all the time. :devil:

$1k on support systems!!! :faint:

But I agree, LBA is part of the fun. I always know that I'm very likely to take a hit once I find that I'm researching very hard on a certain type of lens. And I BBB knowing that the lens will serve me well. Not just lenses, got filters, bags, flash, etc... Feeling good with the new acquisition is part of the experience. :) In fact, my impulse buy turned out to be the least satisfying, maybe I just need to make an effort to use it more. But in a way that kinda defeats the purpose...
A monopod, monopod head and a base plate. Yeah, its astonishing they can add up to near $1k. Struggled for a day then told myself, "aiyah, what the heck! Just get it and it'll serve me a long time ahead". Somehow, I always manage to convince my wife too. Hahaha. Anyway, when I hand-hold the 300mm, its like easily can handshake across half the frame one... But I am "definitely" stopping at 300mm at the moment...

A monopod, monopod head and a base plate. Yeah, its astonishing they can add up to near $1k. Struggled for a day then told myself, "aiyah, what the heck! Just get it and it'll serve me a long time ahead". Somehow, I always manage to convince my wife too. Hahaha. Anyway, when I hand-hold the 300mm, its like easily can handshake across half the frame one... But I am "definitely" stopping at 300mm at the moment...

You lucky man ;p

2 months ago before my BD, my wife asked me what I wanted for a BD present, my daughter said: buy daddy another lens :bsmilie: Even my 5yr young daughter knows I have this LBA ...

It's not a cure but more of a prevention ............... go update your bank book .......... :p

300 ok mah.. very light, will hand shake ? i tried handheld no problem...
monopod and head need 1K ?? :bigeyes:

You lucky man ;p

2 months ago before my BD, my wife asked me what I wanted for a BD present, my daughter said: buy daddy another lens :bsmilie: Even my 5yr young daughter knows I have this LBA ...

my birthday my wife will not buy me any lens, cos she say i will sell it away in the future... :(

My wife doesn't have problems with my photography stuff, since she knows I always do my homework and think hard hard before taking out the wallet. I guess we're lucky men that way. ;) There's this thread in kopitiam where a guy is wondering how to hide his purchases from his gf, so funny.... :bsmilie:

My latest purchase is also a 300mm, but 55-300 so not in the same league. But yes, also stopping at 300mm at the moment... unless I go the mirror way... ok ok, don't think about that for now.

You lucky man ;p

Kids nowadays very smart, learn very fast... :bsmilie:

300 ok mah.. very light, will hand shake ? i tried handheld no problem...
monopod and head need 1K ?? :bigeyes:

ok lah, no $1k. Just near. GM5561T SGD430, RRS monopod head USD226, base plate USD65 but somehow shipped over plus GST around SGD490. so total abt SGD900+.

For me, once I even have that slightest temptation of buying, I know resistance its futile. If somehow, someday, I will buy, why not bring the date forward? <:

seb, i think you post a wrong question here. members in this P forum has not much cure for LBA. Anyway, this forum is partly and soley to promote LBA :bsmilie: Stop reading this discussion, go out and shoot!

Status
Not open for further replies.