Possible announcement in Q1 2013

Canon 7D Mark II « Canon Rumors

24.2mp APS-C Sensor
10.2 fps
Dual DIGIC V
Dual Card Slot (No mention of card types) --> hopefully 1 SD slot
New Ergonomic Design
New Battery --> not good

Ok that threw my plan to buy a 7D grey set out of the window. Time to save up more for the speculated mark II

Why not buy a used 7D from B&S and when the Mk ii eventually comes out, sell it for $100-$150 less. Consider this your 'rental' fee over several months of use.

Why not buy a used 7D from B&S and when the Mk ii eventually comes out, sell it for $100-$150 less. Consider this your 'rental' fee over several months of use.

Actually with the price of the 7D so low already can you imagine its resale price when the mark II comes out? New cam to be about street price S$2.5k I guess?

raydio said:

Actually buying from places like TechnoGadget is worth more as it cost around $1440 the last I checked. But seeing cam trends when the mark 2 appears I doubt I will sell it for $100 - $150 lesser. I will probably go even lower say $250? And as mentioned by braveheart the price might come out almost dbl as the curent 7D. That I have to wait and consider carefully once more on the specs come out to weigh my options

Ghost Kelevra said:
Actually buying from places like TechnoGadget is worth more as it cost around $1440 the last I checked. But seeing cam trends when the mark 2 appears I doubt I will sell it for $100 - $150 lesser. I will probably go even lower say $250? And as mentioned by braveheart the price might come out almost dbl as the curent 7D. That I have to wait and consider carefully once more on the specs come out to weigh my options

I think there are some going for 1k in BnS. Wld seem a good deal

Actually with the price of the 7D so low already can you imagine its resale price when the mark II comes out? New cam to be about street price S$2.5k I guess?

heard some spec of 7d2. if true, think may be 4k range.

heard some spec of 7d2. if true, think may be 4k range.

4K? that's the same as 5D3!

Unless it sports features and weather sealing so good that it exceeds 1D4, I might as well buy a 2nd hand 1D4 with 4k :eek:

6D is between 7D and 5DmkIII, I think even when the 7DmkII eventually came out, it will not be higher than the 6D. The price of the 7DmkII might be slightly more than 2k (in my opinion) but will not be more than 6D.

4K? that's the same as 5D3!

Unless it sports features and weather sealing so good that it exceeds 1D4, I might as well buy a 2nd hand 1D4 with 4k :eek:

4k range as in my term 3.5-4k. was told close to 1d4

Ah it'll be disappointing if it were in the 3.5-4k pricetag. But with Canon reinventing their entire lineup its really just wild speculation on the pricing at the moment (i.e. how will the APS-C be priced in a full frame world now).

Either way....just shoot with what you have and strike when the price is right lah ;)

Still the same bah. Even if it's 3.5k, if there's nothing superior about the 7D2 VS 1D4, again I may as well top up $500 more for the 1D4 ;)

Still the same bah. Even if it's 3.5k, if there's nothing superior about the 7D2 VS 1D4, again I may as well top up $500 more for the 1D4 ;)

i was thinking if close to 1d4 quality in body & component with improved AF system, metering, shutter speed, digi5+ & sensor performace in iso noise & dynamics + some new feature, 3.5-4k is worth considering for my usage. may be i am just generous :bsmilie:

i was thinking if close to 1d4 quality in body & component with improved AF system, metering, shutter speed, digi5+ & sensor performace in iso noise & dynamics + some new feature, 3.5-4k is worth considering for my usage. may be i am just generous :bsmilie:

Nah, if the 7D2 is really that good, I would buy too. I mean, if the body built and weather seal is as good as the 5D3, using the new AF and metering system but probably different AF point arrangement, same ISO performance as the 5D3, dual digi5, dual card CF and SD and they can forget about video for this model if they want. Then maybe it's worth a RRP of $3,499. Make it a no frills sports model and they REALLY can forget about video for this model (screw video for a dedicated sports camera) and include some real and useful features from the 1DX.

But that's like the most expensive crop ever :bsmilie:

I think we have to remember that the 7D Mark II, or by any other name, will represent Canon as their flagship APS-C dSLR. I don't think Canon can afford to be slack on this aspect.

There don't seem to be any interest in the high-end APS-C development of late, but I think Canon has learnt (from Nikon's then fairly-incredible D300) that any slip up with be costly to them.

From this train of thought, I am expecting some good stuff, similar to what they have done to improve the 5D series, from Mark II to Mark III, instead of the run-of-the-mill improvements we have seen in the xx0D and the x0D series.

Thinking further, Canon may invest in several high-end features or perhaps come up with some innovative functions to further distinguish the 7D Mark II from the entry-level full frame camera, the Canon 6D.

Thinking further, Canon may invest in several high-end features or perhaps come up with some innovative functions to further distinguish the 7D Mark II from the entry-level full frame camera, the Canon 6D.

That's a definite. Although 6D is higher than 7D in the naming nomenclature, it's only higher because it's a FF. My all means the features of the 7D line must be better than the 6D line. Like you've said, the 7D line is the flagship crop camera and is always seen as the alternative to the 1D series sports camera such as 1D4 and 1DX. If Canon slips up on this, they're done for LOL.