5D II Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm ... that depends on how big a pic can be produced out of a 50mp sensor and that would affect the total number of pics you can store in just one single 16Gb storage card.

:think:

Memories are cheap now...just get a few of it. If one card can store only 36 photos, then we will have the "film" feeling....swapping Cards every 36 shots.:bsmilie:

I had a link to the source in the previous post.

I did follow your link the first time around, and after that I did my own search. Your link does not state the sensor size (same size as that used in DSLR is not very helpful when Canon has 3 sensor sizes). The others state that it is APS-H (28mmx19mm).

Memories are cheap now...just get a few of it. If one card can store only 36 photos, then we will have the "film" feeling....swapping Cards every 36 shots.:bsmilie:

haha ... by then, we would have to master the speed of swapping cards... :bsmilie:

But who knows, if future, it might be able to connect to OTG directly or with built-in Harddisk ... ;p

I did follow your link the first time around, and after that I did my own search. Your link does not state the sensor size (same size as that used in DSLR is not very helpful when Canon has 3 sensor sizes). The others state that it is APS-H (28mmx19mm).

The point is Canon has the ability and the technology, but is not willing to show hand at the moment. I guess it is purely due to $$$$.

The point is Canon has the ability and the technology, but is not willing to show hand at the moment. I guess it is purely due to $$$$.

Cannot agree more.

They may also be keeping a low profile until they're ready to show something that will blow away the competition. Something that comes to mind is OLED display (low energy consumption, better viewing profiles)... it's an open secret that Canon has heavily invested in this technology.

On a different note, the resolution of the 1000D simply blows away everything the competition can offer. :bsmilie:

Cannot agree more.

They may also be keeping a low profile until they're ready to show something that will blow away the competition. Something that comes to mind is OLED display (low energy consumption, better viewing profiles)... it's an open secret that Canon has heavily invested in this technology.

On a different note, the resolution of the 1000D simply blows away everything the competition can offer. :bsmilie:

Agree. As usual, Canon is just waiting to see what the competition offers so it can put the least features/lowest specs in for their product for it to be competitive and then give incremental improvement in each upgrade/releases to optimize their profits. Good strategy, should buy Canon shares. :thumbsup:

Geez, if D700 shot at ISO 6400 looks like ISO 200 or 400, then Canon have to buck up and level up with Nikon high ISO performance (at least 12800 or 25600).
I have a gut feeling that its just gonna be ISO 6400 highest only if going by Canon conservative technological steps to advancement.

Canon's selling points always has been superior image quality, which of course translates to great lenses :heart:, great sensor, super fast AF (1D), and super fast frame rate (1D).

So I'm going out on a limb to say they probably won't let Nikon trump them in the area of sensor quality. I expect to see Canon matching the performance in this area for newer models.

Canon's selling points always has been superior image quality, which of course translates to great lenses :heart:, great sensor, super fast AF (1D), and super fast frame rate (1D).

So I'm going out on a limb to say they probably won't let Nikon trump them in the area of sensor quality. I expect to see Canon matching the performance in this area for newer models.

Bro, be patient, once I get the camera, will call you for test run. ;)

After Christmas. :bsmilie:

Soon, this year. ;)

Just to be pedantic and general jackass, I'd like to point out that 10 years from now is still considered "after Christmas of 2008" :bsmilie:

OK, sorry, tough day at office, just having some fun.

So a price of $4k for the D700 - how much do you think the 5D Mk. II will go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.