50d inbuilt flash

rhino123 said:
Er... no... I think TS can DIY a flash deflector as shown in my post to deflect the flash.

Pretty good (and cheap) solution for those on a budget. :) I'll try that next time I only have my normal kit. Thanks uncle rhino! :)

The 50d has a 18-200 kit...but when i take the photos when there is bad lighting using the inbuilt flash there is a shadow on or before the subject...
to the bottom end of the photo... but when i use 50mm it seems fine..is this normal?

of course this is normal... haha, your 18-200 lens is so long... of course will have shadow when you are using the built in flash... trying using a hot shoe flash to solve the problem...

Er... no... I think TS can DIY a flash deflector as shown in my post to deflect the flash.

Appreciate members like you who really took the effort to help. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Btw, is it me or do others feels the same? Members from earlier batch, before 2008 are the ones who are more friendly in helping rather than.

No flames intended. Just a thought because I really do miss the old CS times.

hotgraphy said:
Appreciate members like you who really took the effort to help. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Btw, is it me or do others feels the same? Members from earlier batch, before 2008 are the ones who are more friendly in helping rather than.

:bsmilie::bsmilie: you sure about that?

sadly the old cs time is over, got to accept the fact T.T

but sometimes i feel that the older members are rather impatient in helping newbies leh... you never encounter before meh???

Aiyo, all so complicated. The simplest way is to tie a piece of white card to your inbuilt flast and that will direct your flash up or in any direction you want (depending on the card's location and the exit point for the flash). Simple and the white card can be had for a few cents.

Or something as seen,

DIY-on-camera-flash-bounce-reflector.jpg

zeh-bounce-pop-up-flash-reflector-nikon.jpg

Well... you get the idea.

mine is just a namecard size :)