50D a Good/Correct Start for Beginners?

.... wrong place dude... n the best is you put no time for photography and yet your buying a d3100 -.- well its your choice

Hmmm initially i was thinking why you did that. After i did a search, every details and information comes out. Thanks for helping to do the homework so that newbies like me can be saved... ;)

Hmmm initially i was thinking why you did that. After i did a search, every details and information comes out. Thanks for helping to do the homework so that newbies like me can be saved... ;)

haha no problem.. =) just do more research b4 buying

Get a 60D, u wont regret just like what Im doing now =)

Although doing homework is very important, there are very few bad cameras and there is no perfect camera. The real journey only starts when you begin shooting. Have fun! :D

Yes, because I own 50d before.
I think u can get below 900 at bns.
Very responsive cam.
If u buying new, then 60d is good option to start.

TS do yourself a favour and answer the following questionaire,

1) Why DSLR? Can other format also work for you? (other format - mirrorless and SLT)

2) (this question is closely linked to the first question) what type of photography are you interested in?

3) What features is a must have in your camera;
a) Video
b) AF during liveview and video mode
c) Articulating LCD
d) fast fps
e) number of MP (give yourself a range, eg 8MP to 18MP)
f) Weather seal body
g) Top panel
h) build in stabilizer in your camera (note that if you have stabilizer in lens, you won't have stabilizer in camera)
i) stabilizer in Lens (note that if you have stabilizer in camera, you won't have stabilizer in lens)
j) Number of lens available
(this list is not exhausive)

4) Then ask yourself what features are good to have but not necessary essential for your usuage.
a) Video
c) Articulating LCD
d) fast fps
f) Weather seal body
g) Top panel
h) build in stabilizer in your camera (note that if you have stabilizer in lens, you won't have stabilizer in camera)
i) stabilizer in Lens (note that if you have stabilizer in camera, you won't have stabilizer in lens)

5) Finally ask yourself what features is something that you wouldn't care about.
a) Video
c) Articulating LCD
d) fast fps
f) Weather seal body
g) Top panel

By matching point 3, 4 and 5 together would give you roughly an idea of what is the camera you are looking at and what brand offers you all the items and features you need, would like to have or what you wouldn't care about.

With that you would know if 50D is the right camera for you or could you do better with other brands of DSLR.

I got myself a 50D and playing around with it.still trying alot on the camera.it's a good camera I must say.

Thanks guys for the advise.

Honestly speaking, the camera does not make too much of a difference. They simply have different feature and specification tailored to different applications and users.

As a beginner they don't matter too much, really

Yeah! more than enough for a beginner :)

I got myself a 50D and playing around with it.still trying alot on the camera.it's a good camera I must say.

Great camera to start with, remember to experiment and learn how to take shots from here!

Ryan

Hi Ryan & brothers

Thank you for all the encouragement. Will start to enjoy the hobbies.

Have a great weekend.....

Good choice..I've been holding the 50D from newbie days till now..still serves me very well..the only "problem" I have with it is the noise handling at high ISO..not too good when you hit above iso1600..but that's a small "problem" cos LR3 will solve it easily!

I got a feeling that post 50d 18mp bodies have even worst noise handling above iso 1600....

Er.......may I know whts PS?

Ps = photoshop
Pp = post processing

Thanks n more to learn