20D in store and price out !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ris Goh said:
Check this out over lunch just now:

20D + kit lens = $2750 (b4 GST, limited stock)

Just called MScolor, new stock coming in tomorrow! ..... price seems higher than parisilk though :(

That price is for MScolor or Parisilk ? seem much cheaper than the price I got from cathay.

Ris Goh said:

Just called MScolor, new stock coming in tomorrow! ..... price seems higher than parisilk though :(
Woah that is a good price...how much they selling body alone? minus 100 dollars?

if u have canon lenses already, forget abt the kit lens. save the money and wait for the newer EF-s lenses out later in dec.

majere2sg said:
If you does not have any lens at all, then it might be good to get the kits lens if you do not intend to spend more on more expensive lens.

hmm ok, i think i will get lens kit, heard its of decent quality should be enuff for learning n practising techniques first... hmm tt holland V shop cheaper by 100 bucks even after adding gst leh... confirm or not?

Parisilk
tel : 64666002

rumours is that the 20D is about malaysian ringgit RM5700 w/o the lens kit, but so far i still have not seen it yet, but will keep you guys updated once i can confirm the price personally

Ris Goh said:

Ris,
r they selling body only sets, and how much please?

Regards,

Was at Lucky Plaza over the weekend, and walked into this small shop at level one, and was quoted $2,750 (GST inclusive), think the shop is DG marketing or something.

Anyone know this shop or dealt with them B4 ? Are they OK ? Dont think they r Canon authorised dealer ????

In the meantime, still on waiting list w MS color.

Cheers/Howie

www.howiephoto.com

majere2sg said:
If you does not have any lens at all, then it might be good to get the kits lens if you do not intend to spend more on more expensive lens.

yo bro juz to check, what cf card recommended for 20D? do i nid those very fast CF? cannot find the buffer to card read tests in dpreview so no idea if a fast card is fully utilised or the difference is juz very mere milisecs...

zhangyb said:
yo bro juz to check, what cf card recommended for 20D? do i nid those very fast CF? cannot find the buffer to card read tests in dpreview so no idea if a fast card is fully utilised or the difference is juz very mere milisecs...

u might have to wait for rob galbraith to come up with his test results. but, from the pro-event yesterday, i get the impression that, with a fast card + big buffer of 20D, u can really shoot like a machine-gunner! think jonathan drake mentioned that for his testing, he used an SanDisk Extreme? :dunno:

just saw at parkway best denki.... kit len combo selling for $3180, Cp no more stock, TCW no more stock, AP oso no more stock~~
heard from CP grip coming it late OCT so stay tight!

kerpalz said:
just saw at parkway best denki.... kit len combo selling for $3180, Cp no more stock, TCW no more stock, AP oso no more stock~~
heard from CP grip coming it late OCT so stay tight!

Earlier in the day i called AP they had 7 - 8 units according to the guy i spoke to. CP and TCW no more stock.

zhangyb said:
Earlier in the day i called AP they had 7 - 8 units according to the guy i spoke to. CP and TCW no more stock.

sorry.....remember wrongly... AP oni have a few Kit COmbo left.... but dun have "body oni" combo~

i am saling a one week old body at $2800. pls see my sale threat. thanks.

majere2sg said:
Wow.. so late.. :(
Thanks anyway :D

Status
Not open for further replies.