20D in store and price out !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amfibius said:
That's true, GST here is 10%. However those prices as quoted include GST. Buy duty free, and you can subtract 10% from the price ($2400 - 10% = $2160)!
The bottom line is ...... our dealers are pricing the 20D too high? Shame on them! :thumbsd:

Amfibius said:
That's true, GST here is 10%. However those prices as quoted include GST. Buy duty free, and you can subtract 10% from the price ($2400 - 10% = $2160)!

If only there were a Perth shop selling at that price $2400 that is :cry:
I would be tempted to get it NOW NOW. Altho i am tempted to get it NOW but not as fast hehehe

I wonder wat the pricing is in Hong Kong :think:

Barrios said:
The bottom line is ...... our dealers are pricing the 20D too high? Shame on them! :thumbsd:

hate to say this but: i told u so. i had tried to tell everyone that the price here is too high, but in the end, branded as some trouble maker. sigh... well, as long as u r happy about your purchase, who m i to say its too ex, right? ;)

chewman said:
I wonder wat the pricing is in Hong Kong :think:

the 2 sets i posted earlier is from HK

its already in the streets selling at around $2800 (kit) $2650 (body only)

the 17-85 IS is also out pricing at around $1100

lhjz said:
the 2 sets i posted earlier is from HK

its already in the streets selling at around $2800 (kit) $2650 (body only)

the 17-85 IS is also out pricing at around $1100
is the 10-22 out in HK? have any price ?

hmm... maybe it's a good idea to just fly over to HK to grab a few for sale here ;p something to consider.....

mpenza said:
hmm... maybe it's a good idea to just fly over to HK to grab a few for sale here ;p something to consider.....
HK stock is depleting very fast...
from the look at the forums... people are already posting shots taken by 20D...
and most shops only left a few sets...

guess the price might juz go up when 2nd batch comes in at end of Oct

;p likely to still get the camera here as the warranty is local. however for lenses, HK might be a good place if they're cheaper.

nightpiper said:
hate to say this but: i told u so. i had tried to tell everyone that the price here is too high, but in the end, branded as some trouble maker. sigh... well, as long as u r happy about your purchase, who m i to say its too ex, right? ;)

As consumers, if we behave like suckers, we are indirectly asking for such treatments from the retailers/distributors. Sometimes I feel the general population in Singapore lack "consumer resistance".

And the "Buy Buy Buy" calls in the forums don't help either...

:bsmilie:

toda_k20 said:
Sometimes I feel the general population in Singapore lack "consumer resistance".

It goes the same for volume control also...
Just don't know how to "speak up"; either that we're muted with a remote control.

It's known as 'consumer price fleecing'......happens to new cameras, CF cards, Yonex rackets, Treks and Cannondales, Ducatis, etc, etc........

This is where our street prices can be higher than US street prices by significant margins. Most manufacturers peg their highest prices or margins in USA, Japan, and Europe - with UK as the highest priced to the consumer - but Singapore is slowly catching up to the UK.

nightpiper said:

Hey they run a business, they have every right to price their goods any way they want. Its not like a digicam is an essential commodity, if you don't like the price, don't buy it!
Anyway, don't you see that Canon actually facilitates this type of market fragmentation, by only giving out local instead of international warranties. If Canon can make more from UK and EU markets, why won't they?
It's not like you don't have alternatives. In this day and age, easy for consumers like us to organise ourselves and do some parallel importation, and if the price get too high here, that's exactly what would happen.

hmm wondering if should wait for second batch.... anyone who has prior exp can share? Cos its like now only camera and no freebies also.... is it worth to wait for 2nd batch or freebies etc?

Picked up body only at Cathay about 6pm today. S$2,850 includes GST. Credit card OK. First they said all were spoken for...then said they OK and sold it to me. Alan Photo got shipment about 7pm.

Smaller than 10D...will take a while to get used to it. Space between grip and lens a bit tight. Very fast successive photos..wow, amazing. Loud shutter...not so discreet lah. Many small improvements. Evolution not revolution.

Robert

where ya check the prices in HK ah?

any comments on whether should wait?

r52lanc said:
Picked up body only at Cathay about 6pm today. S$2,850 includes GST. Credit card OK. First they said all were spoken for...then said they OK and sold it to me. Alan Photo got shipment about 7pm.

Smaller than 10D...will take a while to get used to it. Space between grip and lens a bit tight. Very fast successive photos..wow, amazing. Loud shutter...not so discreet lah. Many small improvements. Evolution not revolution.

Robert

$2850 for the body or with kit lens?

got it at $2835 this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.