2 new lenses announced today

I'm interested in the 18-300mm. But the suggested retail price is a bit too high.

the 18-300 VR looks attractive. if the image quality is similar with that of 18-200 VR, it is definitely worth a consideration...

With this AFS 24-85mm f3.5-4.5G VR (together with the previous new releases of the 50mm & 28mm f1.8), it sure makes the D600 FX-format now more than a rumour.

Miao said:
Just seen a bmw 5 series park by the cte shoulder early morning just before 9am, to siam the erp .. what the hell , join by a fleet of motor bike doing the same thing ..

That's a photographic opportunity!!!

I was driving .. haha cant take photo .. sometimes i wish what i seen cant be printed out straight from my head .. haha ..

Can a DX lens 18-300 VR be use in a FX camera?

I have a D90 therefore I can use this. If I upgrade to a FX camera I wonder I can still use this lens.

Can a DX lens 18-300 VR be use in a FX camera?

I have a D90 therefore I can use this. If I upgrade to a FX camera I wonder I can still use this lens.

You can definitely use a DX lens on an FX camera but the mode will be set to DX. If you insist on using FX mode, the lens might not cover the entire sensor and usually results in bad vignetting.

You can definitely use a DX lens on an FX camera but the mode will be set to DX. If you insist on using FX mode, the lens might not cover the entire sensor and usually results in bad vignetting.

Thank you. I will take note of that.

yellowfin said:
Thank you. I will take note of that.

Not to forget it drops to 5.1mp which is less than most mobile resolution nowadays..

Means if you mount a DX lens on an FX body and use DX mode, the photo will be reduced resolution. If you want full resolution (aka FX mode) using a DX lens, it will have bad vignetting.

Oh no look at the 24-85 VR reviews on image output is quite sharp and impressive on HD quality :)

Look like wanna get it on hand ha ha

rain5533 said:
Both actually also can used with FX body.. but i will look more on FX 24-85 VR.
Hardly anybody use DX lens on FX body.

Last edited: