1st Time Lapse trial @ Peirce Reservoir in 600nm

Blackgoddess

Dec 5, 2008
Woodlands
Hi all,
I tried out my first ever Time Lapse movie done at Peirce Reservoir. Shot in mid-day sun for 15 minutes. C&C are most welcome!
[video=youtube;1ty_IDYikcw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ty_IDYikcw[/video]

This is beautiful, how many shots you took in total?

This is beautiful, how many shots you took in total?

I took 1 sec 1 shot for 15 minutes = 900 shots. Pretty damn siong to my shutter on my IR 40D...i think if i keep taking time-lapse, in these kinds of number of shots, pretty soon can throw away the shutter and replace new one...

Did not use an intervalometer (did not have time to buy it) but i was just using my phone stopwatch and keep pressing the cable release every 1 second or so...just agaration of the timing la. not all shots zhun zhun 1 second apart.

really nice one u got there. just wondering whether it would have been possible to change the composition to avoid people in the photos. they ruined it for me.

other than that, i really like what u shared.

wahh.. u did manually... think can throw away yr IR 40D and also yr arm for holding on the shutter release while pressing.. haha.. but well done. like it.

really nice one u got there. just wondering whether it would have been possible to change the composition to avoid people in the photos. they ruined it for me.

other than that, i really like what u shared.

Thanks bro! i was inspired by your time lapse shots.

Actually i wanted to shoot just the scenery at that spot cos i found that view is quite alright but there was a family with some kids who were playing nearby and when i started taking photos, the kids got curious and started to move into the frame and look at me one kind and cheeky faces and so on...so once i started already i just continue until i finish la. Then there were 3 people further into the scene which was also walking in and out of the frame :angry:. So boh pian lor. Anyway i think also zoomed out to the max (22mm) cos i was using a 10-22mm lens.

Will try to scan through my pix and try to digitally clone them away :bsmilie: and post up a newer one in B&W.!

one more thing, if i were to add in a song / part of a song to my clip, and i put a written text in the video stating the song title, artist and a disclaimer saying all copyrights belong to the artist, does this still mean i'm infringing on copyright issues? Just a thought as i was trying to decide whether or not to put in a song + disclaimer text but in the end decided to put Adobe Premiere's own soundtrack.

Thanks bro! i was inspired by your time lapse shots.

Actually i wanted to shoot just the scenery at that spot cos i found that view is quite alright but there was a family with some kids who were playing nearby and when i started taking photos, the kids got curious and started to move into the frame and look at me one kind and cheeky faces and so on...so once i started already i just continue until i finish la. Then there were 3 people further into the scene which was also walking in and out of the frame :angry:. So boh pian lor. Anyway i think also zoomed out to the max (22mm) cos i was using a 10-22mm lens.

Will try to scan through my pix and try to digitally clone them away :bsmilie: and post up a newer one in B&W.!

one more thing, if i were to add in a song / part of a song to my clip, and i put a written text in the video stating the song title, artist and a disclaimer saying all copyrights belong to the artist, does this still mean i'm infringing on copyright issues? Just a thought as i was trying to decide whether or not to put in a song + disclaimer text but in the end decided to put Adobe Premiere's own soundtrack.

i think u shld search for free music online because the disclaimer does not cover your butt but most importantly youtube will probably penalise u regardless.

I took 1 sec 1 shot for 15 minutes = 900 shots. Pretty damn siong to my shutter on my IR 40D...i think if i keep taking time-lapse, in these kinds of number of shots, pretty soon can throw away the shutter and replace new one...

Don't worry, a new shutter cost only < U$50, keep on shooting :)

Well done. Once in a while someone will come up with something new and challenging.
This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

TQ Wee how!

Don't worry, a new shutter cost only < U$50, keep on shooting :)

haha...bro, now i know i can look for you if my shutter KO'ed. Like that i will take more time lapse. :bsmilie:

Well done. Once in a while someone will come up with something new and challenging.
This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Teerex! I was just inspired by many other superb time-lapse videos in CS and i thought of doing it in IR. :)

Very nice, always like to look at clouds :)

Hi Bros,
Another attempt at the time lapse but i processed in B&W IR. Could not manage to clone away the heads of the irritating kids that appear halfway through the video....:embrass:
[video=youtube;2kqEzVUuBiQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kqEzVUuBiQ[/video]

Hope you guys like it.

Which is better? the colored or B&W? Personally i prefer the B&W.