13/09/2012: Nikon announces D600 FF 24,3 mp

nikoneer said:
Sigh.....

I think I should hold on for a year or two. My Tokina 11-16 still has 2 years warranty, my Nikkor 40mm still got 1 year warranty. I think it's "Sayang" if I sold them just because of D600....

tell me guys.... is it Sayang?

If you're comfortable with DX you should keep it. Wait for the D400 ;)

GReddyZC76 said:
yes sir. do you have any sample pics? of AT-X 116 DX Pro on FX ?

Unfortunately not. But I have seen it in action. Never had the chance to evaluate it at 100% crop.

If you're comfortable with DX you should keep it. Wait for the D400 ;)

You mean this D400?
d400side.jpg
:bsmilie:

i believe that there is a place for a DX camera
if they took a D800 and cropped the sensor, increased the shooting speed (smaller file sizes) and reduced the price, i would buy for the extra reach and speed.

ortega said:
if they took a D800 and cropped the sensor, increased the shooting speed (smaller file sizes) and reduced the price, i would buy for the extra reach and speed.

D300s replacement?

nikoneer said:
Sigh.....

I think I should hold on for a year or two. My Tokina 11-16 still has 2 years warranty, my Nikkor 40mm still got 1 year warranty. I think it's "Sayang" if I sold them just because of D600....

If u are concerned about cost, maybe u can buy used FX lenses. The top up amount may not be much.

That aside, if DX is working fine for u with ur existing lens setup, why change?

trd2970 said:
If u are concerned about cost, maybe u can buy used FX lenses. The top up amount may not be much.

That aside, if DX is working fine for u with ur existing lens setup, why change?

Just human eye to be pointed, what's you holding on hand :d

Sigh.....

On the other hand, the warranties you have may be your selling points when you try to sell the lenses. It gives the assurance to the new owners that if there is anything wrong with the lenses during the first 2 months, they can still resolve the problems through warranty claims. (*Here, I am not implying that you are trying to sell a faulty lens so please do not get the wrong idea.)

Yes sir!

Just look forward in the latest tech as what you needs.

Before got money don't have much choice, Now got more body for you to choose and worry your wallet broken a big hole only.

You won't get any extra reach if they simply cut down the D800 sensor to APS-C size, that would be simply a 16MP sensor.

rain5533 said:
Just human eye to be pointed, what's you holding on hand :d

Lol, you're right. I didn't have a compelling need to get the d800, but just got it anyway. No looking back after that.

ortega said:
hmmm.... lets see what is due for replacement ....
yes it seems so and i would suppose eagerly anticipated

but i do not have any special knowledge about unannounced products

Nikon seems to be aggressively playing the catch up game against Canon lately...wonder if Canon suffered any loss of market share.

trd2970 said:

because of the hype honestly....:) besides... they said fx is the new world!

dniwkh said:
yup, I thought micro adjust for AF is like essential...

why did they remove it?

Nope they didn't it was a mess on DPreview part. They have clarified and this does have the feature.

People were creating threads and whining about this ... Lol ...

Now they are back to 1/4000 sec min shutter .... Do you wanna stop a airplane propeller blade with those speeds

Nope they didn't it was a mess on DPreview part. They have clarified and this does have the feature.

Now they are back to 1/4000 sec min shutter .... Do you wanna stop a airplane propeller blade with those speeds

Seriously, stack a 2 stop ND filter and it would help.

If the 1/4000s is really an issue, DON'T BUY. Get the D800/E instead.

nikoneer said:
because of the hype honestly....:) besides... they said fx is the new world!

Lol, understand. Wait a while for dxomark sensor rating and some reviews before making the call.

Just looking at specs may not be a fair comparison.

ronniegogs said:

Phew. AF micro adjustment is really handy!

You're right about max shutter speed. Unless shooting sports or certain creative macros, 1/4000 should be fine...

Last edited: