1000D Monthly Theme Photo C&C Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my opinions on your photos:

Nice!
3424367558_a64a8d6fa6_o.jpg

Looks good, but likely to be much better if you show Fullerton and less of the trees on the left.
3424367362_09d2f426a7_o.jpg

Nice!
3424367192_db7e2d8323_o.jpg

POWER!!
3299939003_bd8f104654_o.jpg

Check your horizon. Very tilted. Very important for landscape shots to have a straight horizon. Check for horizontal and vertical alignment.
3299938861_5c4298e445_o.jpg

ok.. here are mine ;) all these photos i have post before at gellery. but for this Monthly theme c&c i post again.pls give comments ..

3300752974_ecc09f5958_b.jpg

3299921067_378742f134_b.jpg

3299918251_ffaab58f95_b.jpg

3300750598_ca8fd66c8f_b.jpg

ok.. here are mine ;) all these photos i have post before at gellery. but for this Monthly theme c&c i post again.pls give comments ..

3300752974_ecc09f5958_b.jpg

3299921067_378742f134_b.jpg

Bro, your images are nice. But do straighten the horizon for the above 2 photos.

Given that this month's theme is City Of Lights .. can I pose a question for the experts here? What kinds of settings would I need to get the nice star shaped lights? I don't mean the exact aperture and shutter and iso numbers but generally which direction should these settings be. Like small aperture, high shutter, low iso etc.

I remember a post somewhere in Clubsnap talking about it and mentioning the general settings for trying to get the stars up but I cannot seem to find the post now.

Hi I am a newbie and am using a Canon 1000d. Have tried to take a night shot of the construction work going on at marina bay, but my pic looks really dark and no details at all!

tried running a slow shutter speed and a smaller aperture, but my pics don't look anywhere like the pics in this thread! any advice on what i can do to get the clarity and details of the pics in this thread?

Last edited:
Given that this month's theme is City Of Lights .. can I pose a question for the experts here? What kinds of settings would I need to get the nice star shaped lights? I don't mean the exact aperture and shutter and iso numbers but generally which direction should these settings be. Like small aperture, high shutter, low iso etc.

I remember a post somewhere in Clubsnap talking about it and mentioning the general settings for trying to get the stars up but I cannot seem to find the post now.

First !!!! im no expert and all know dat. But I do pose same question to Rockfreaks sometime back. His advise : try smaller aperture. I reshoot with f14-18 and got my 'star'.

Hi I am a newbie and am using a Canon 1000d. Have tried to take a night shot of the construction work going on at marina bay, but my pic looks really dark and no details at all!

tried running a slow shutter speed and a smaller aperture, but my pics don't look anywhere like the pics in this thread! any advice on what i can do to get the clarity and details of the pics in this thread?

a good start will be to join us this Sunday outing.

I'm not an expert but most of my night images were taken with the following settings:

ISO: Keep it low. 100.

Aperture: f/11 - f/16. Anywhere in between. I believe its the smaller apertures that cause the "star" effect, due to diffraction of light. (Correct me if i'm wrong)

Shutter Speed: Variable. Depending on the environmental conditions (eg ambient light) and also what you want to achieve. For me, its usually 3-5 secs.

a good start will be to join us this Sunday outing.

yEAH,..The uncle is back..heheh. yah bro can join us better join..so u got some clue on night shoot...trust me for night shoot..u end up as mad man like we all..hahah, hard to explain here..when u join..u'ill noe. :devil:

Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

unfortunately i got an assignment due so i can't join you guys this sunday...a pity though cause i really wanna learn more about my camera as well as more photography techniques...next time i suppose...

anyway bro fatah, i see you are selling your 1000d? wow that seems fast for an upgrade! i am saying this because i doubt my skills can improve dramatically so i will be playing with my 1000d for awhile haha

Haha no la, i am not trying to be sarcastic! Seriously I did contemplate to get a 1000d or 450d but as i am a total beginner, i decided on buying the 1000d (on a budget as well haha)...

so i am very impressed that bro fatah can improve so dramatically and hope that i can too! (but no $$$ buy a new camera body la!)

Bro Fatah...sell me your batt grip! I already smsed you!!! :)

anyway bro fatah, i see you are selling your 1000d? wow that seems fast for an upgrade! i am saying this because i doubt my skills can improve dramatically so i will be playing with my 1000d for awhile haha

wow fast, what you upgrading to?

hahaha...u all ah. very fast can smell me ah.....
see how..if i manage to sell my 1000D body..then i will sell my batt grip...but i reserve the set till end of mth. But up to the seller if he want to hold it for me.. we see how k by next mth..hahaha. the model is a secret...hahahah

If no luck..den i stick to my 1000D.

hahaha...u all ah. very fast can smell me ah.....
see how..if i manage to sell my 1000D body..then i will sell my batt grip...but i reserve the set till end of mth. But up to the seller if he want to hold it for me.. we see how k by next mth..hahaha. the model is a secret...hahahah

If no luck..den i stick to my 1000D.

Kewl bro....so u are upgrading...pretty fast! For ur info i sold mine whole set incl grip and wireless remote for $850....a little on the low side but i cannot tahan wait for the other set hehehe

Another one of those from the most photographed area in SG....

3426850558_99f47007e0_o.jpg

My emphasis then was to capture the bus tail lights...using Sigma 20mm F1.8

here's mine.. C&C pllssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.