10 Day Europe trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
China eastern always provide cheap flight from Shanghai to Europe. IIRC, for this June, the flight to London is about 650SGD equivalent, return include everything. Thus, I won't be surprise with the package deal, moreover it is by travel agent, thus they might get event cheap flight ticket.

Anyway, for your set up, if I'm in your situation, I will choose either
1. Tamron 18-270mm + Nikkor 35mm 1.8
2. Nikkor 18-55mm + Nikkor 35mm 1.8
Both with tripod.

If I go with your option 2, will I miss out some thing?:sweat:
I am not very for the idea to bring tripod....:think:

Tamron 18-270mm + Nikkor 35mm 1.8 with tripod...for night sceneries. more versitle than 18-55mm though i agree that most of the time you will shoot yourself with background scenery..

i remembered i brought my 18-135mm, 10-20mm and 50mm and tripod for my honeymoon..18-135mm is on my cam body most of the time..

i also have sign up tour to europe end of this year with 5 star tour... with the free trip to dubai for 3 days...

now also searching for bigger zoom lens to bring ... but power zoon lens normally will compensate with focusing... :<

now only have he kit lens which is 17-85 and 50 f 1.8 ... plan to get one 18-200 ...

read alot in this treat... still wonder which lens to get ...

18-200

24 - 105....

i also have sign up tour to europe end of this year with 5 star tour... with the free trip to dubai for 3 days...

now also searching for bigger zoom lens to bring ... but power zoon lens normally will compensate with focusing... :<

now only have he kit lens which is 17-85 and 50 f 1.8 ... plan to get one 18-200 ...

read alot in this treat... still wonder which lens to get ...

18-200

24 - 105....

I almost go for the same trip but Dec not good for me to travel, so I ended up going in Mid Nov (by china eastern airline)

go for Nikkor 18-200, it will not go wrong.
I go to Japan with only this len last yr. overall I am happy with it!

Last edited:
I almost go for the same trip but Dec not good for me to travel, so I ended up going in Mid Nov (by china eastern airline)

go for Nikkor 18-200, it will not go wrong.
I go to Japan with only this len last yr. overall I am happy with it!

eh, then why did you change from nikkor 18-200 for a tamron 18-270? the IQ and performance for the nikkor is supposed to be better

Booked and paid deposit........;p
Just do it lah!

Not I need to buy an extra battery (for D60), idea how much and where's the best place to buy?

Anyone can advise what to do in Paris? I have almost 2 free day in Paris.

3rd party cost ard 25 bucks? ...i bought mine in some shop at penisula plaza (dun get con k)

eh, then why did you change from nikkor 18-200 for a tamron 18-270? the IQ and performance for the nikkor is supposed to be better

not true.
IQ almost the same (from 18-200)
tammy VC is better than nikkon VR.
nikon focus better in low light though.

i'm going on a tour too, too lazy to plan free-and-easy
going round switzerland, germany, france, amsterdam, luxembourg, belgium

Free and easy? 6 places in 10 days. :confused: You'll be spending most of the time travelling. ;)
If I can make a suggestion: pick 2-3 destinations out of these 6 and get see a bit more than the inside of a train/bus/plane. But I see that it's a prefab tour, so I guess that station has been passed.

Anyway: Make sure you have a wide angle (for landscape and architecture) and a walkaround lens (24-105mm, or something). Anything above 100mm is for occasional use in my experience (to get some compression for long distance/close-up shots).

...and have a good time! :)

E

the 18-200 was a t-loan set from a friend.
After my japan trip I got myself the Tamron 18-270. IQ and performance is almost the same. The only downside for tamron is the AF in low light condition..... SLOW!!!

Last edited:
3rd party cost ard 25 bucks? ...i bought mine in some shop at penisula plaza (dun get con k)

ya i was quoted around $30 for a 3rd party brand... still wondering should go for 3rd party or get original :dunno:

not true.
IQ almost the same (from 18-200)
tammy VC is better than nikkon VR.
nikon focus better in low light though.

I totally agreed. I have used both lens before. The Tamron AF is very slow in low light!

ever thot of a wide angle lens? u get more dramatic photos :)

btw jus came back from a europe trip less than a mnth ago.. heres some pics from my canon10-22
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585700

like your pics very much!! :thumbsup: I wish I can take pics like yours!
but I don't have a wide angle lens leh....did u used tripod?

I think I will just go with my 18-270 + 35mm 1.8 and tripod (still thing to bring this or not):sweat:

ever thot of a wide angle lens? u get more dramatic photos

btw jus came back from a europe trip less than a mnth ago.. heres some pics from my canon10-22
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585700

your pictures are postcard quality!!! did you have to use a tripod most of the time? see that you stitched most of the pics. guess i wont have time to use tripod since going on a package tour.

i'm going on a tour too, too lazy to plan free-and-easy
going round switzerland, germany, france, amsterdam, luxembourg, belgium

Free and easy? 6 places in 10 days. :confused: You'll be spending most of the time travelling. ;)
If I can make a suggestion: pick 2-3 destinations out of these 6 and get see a bit more than the inside of a train/bus/plane. But I see that it's a prefab tour, so I guess that station has been passed.

Anyway: Make sure you have a wide angle (for landscape and architecture) and a walkaround lens (24-105mm, or something). Anything above 100mm is for occasional use in my experience (to get some compression for long distance/close-up shots).

...and have a good time! :)

E

haha, yeah, the estimate is spending about 22hrs on the bus for the whole tour, i'm a bit weird but i love sleeping on a coach :bsmilie:
also helps to conserve energy compared to F&E, going back to work immediately after my tour :cry:

feel like getting a canon 10-22 too, but kinda out of my budget now unless i strike TOTO or 4D

i'm still on geneve, switzerland now.. will be coming back to singapore tonight....
your camera will be ok in cold weather :)
im shooting in mont blanc yesterday, it's below 0 and windy like hell... yet there's no problem with the cam :)
the only problem is i can't feel my finger so a bit hard to press shutter... should bring gloves next time >_<
i bring 12-24 & 24-105 for my trip.. and a gorilla pod.. too lazy to bring big tripod.. :)

enjoy your trip..

some photos from switzerland :
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=581335
gotta go to zermatt hor :)

Last edited:
i'm still on geneve, switzerland now.. will be coming back to singapore tonight....
your camera will be ok in cold weather :)
im shooting in mont blanc yesterday, it's below 0 and windy like hell... yet there's no problem with the cam :)
the only problem is i can't feel my finger so a bit hard to press shutter... should bring gloves next time >_<
i bring 12-24 & 24-105 for my trip.. and a gorilla pod.. too lazy to bring big tripod.. :)

enjoy your trip..

some photos from switzerland :
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=581335
gotta go to zermatt hor :)

nice photo!! Can't wait for my turn to be there.
How about the battery performence in cold condition?

going to shop for a original nikon battery pack this weekend!

sorry to hijack, interested to find out what sort of camera bags do you guys bring for the europe trip? would be visiting eastern europe (joining a tour group) in dec and i'm thinking of bringing my crumpler 6mil home.

nice photo!! Can't wait for my turn to be there.
How about the battery performence in cold condition?

hi ctm1968,
the coldest i get is about -5'C in Aguille du Midi... and it seems that the battery performance didn't really affected.

vodkaice,
i prefer to use bucket type then put inside a normal bag, less eyecatching :)

just got back yerterday from the 12 days trip!
it was a good experience. the package is not bad at all!! :thumbsup:

now busy doing laundry :sweat::sweat:
and to sort out the nearly 3000+ photo!! :sweat::eek:

battery did not fail at -4.5'C, did not use much of the 35 mm, 18-270mm is just nice but hardly use more then 150mm

Last edited:
just got back yerterday from the 12 days trip!
it was a good experience. the package is not bad at all!! :thumbsup:

now busy doing laundry :sweat::sweat:
and to sort out the nearly 3000+ photo!! :sweat::eek:

battery did not fail at -4.5'C, did not use much of the 35 mm, 18-270mm is just nice but hardly use more then 150mm

Welcome back and great to know you enjoyed it.
It is true for me, I realized I hardly use above 150 mm for my photos.
Unless it is a long free and easy trip, where got a lot of time to do street candid.

For me, a small prime always comes in handy when I want to go out for a night time walk, and tired of getting tripod and heavy (zoom) lens.

Nonetheless, it is all depends on individual.

To vodkaice
for bag, it depends on what is your like. How is the trip going to be.
I like the ease of a shoulder sling bag, but a back pack style bag is more comfort for longer day walk.
If you go free and easy, and if you expect to walk for at least 3 - 4 hours before a rest, I would feel a back pack is more comfortable. That's just me, though

Status
Not open for further replies.