Europe Trip Dec 11 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw, i didnt know you were travelling with a tour group.Perhaps next time when you have the chance to, you can enjoy it ;)
Either way, tour or F&E it's still a good thing to visit Europe and to see it's magnificant sights!
Hope u have a good time there :thumbsup:

Thanks man! Will come back and post some shots up here. By the way, which site allows hotlinking huh?

Totally agreed. I only dare to visit switzerland (zurich, lucerne, interlaken, berne, a few small towns) , austria (vienna) and italy (florence, rome, venice, milan). All these places in 22 days which I feel just enough time with almost zero shopping. Prices there are :sweat:

16 days -> think u forget to minus 1-2 days for your 1st and last day (travel to and from airport and 2 hr check in etc)

You can save some travel time by taking night train but don't think you wanna spend 10+ nights sleeping on train during winter. Don't think you got enough time even if you do this.

Go for 2-3 close countries you really want to visit. Spend more time enjoying then travelling on train. You can always go again:bsmilie:

Hi slackerlism

Ya, nearly forgot about the 1-2 days for the travelling to and fro. Don't think there will be night train cos the tour guide didnt say so so far. Haa. Gotta ask him on that.

Would really love to go again. Doing my research on Europe these few days and I'm enjoying it. Can't wait for December. =)

To everyone, can post some of the pictures you all took? Would love to see them...

Hi night86mare

Thanks for your advice. I am actually following a tour group and not going free and easy. So, not up to me to choose the days. Of course if it were up to me, I would want it to be as loooong as possible too. : )

Anyway, will try to enjoy myself lah and take more pictures. That is the most impt part.

ahh, tour groups tend to be amazing race sort of programme.. in any case.. have fun! :)

Thanks man! Will come back and post some shots up here. By the way, which site allows hotlinking huh?

You can try Flickr and Photobucket. Both allows hotlinking.

Hi bovine

Thanks for your input. : ) It certainly helped to cushion me for the trip ahead. As mentioned earlier, this is a group tour and not a free and easy; hence, would not be able to control the time spent in the country. It is all in the itinerary.

But anyway, this is my first time to Europe. If possible, I would want to go again in future. Have you all been to Europe when its snowing? Has it affected your shots?

Most probably would not be extending.. no more leave away from work! Must come back earn money liao. Haa...

Did not read this post. Thought u F&E. If on tour, they usually plan alot of place one. Haha. Btw how much is your tour package?

Super keen to go Europe again :cry:

Hi bovine

Thanks for your input. : ) It certainly helped to cushion me for the trip ahead. As mentioned earlier, this is a group tour and not a free and easy; hence, would not be able to control the time spent in the country. It is all in the itinerary.

But anyway, this is my first time to Europe. If possible, I would want to go again in future. Have you all been to Europe when its snowing? Has it affected your shots?

Most probably would not be extending.. no more leave away from work! Must come back earn money liao. Haa...

Hope u get a nice n watch. :) Since u r travelling with a tour group,i believe ur guide will bring u to the shops.

I don't whip my camera out instantly in winter cos the lens will fog up.. When i was in Europe,i was using a PnS so sometimes the battery will freeze up. What i do is to hide my camera inside my jacket for warmth. :)

Most impt is to have fun n take plenty of photos. :)

Hi, may I know will 2 months be enought for the above places as mentioned by TS plus a few more places in austria and germany, cos I also planning to go for backpack in Europe in Dec or January onwards.

Hmm....,i think a month of so will do cos certain cities can be covered pretty fast. However it depends on what kind of traveller u r. A shopper? A person who likes to explore every nook n cranny? :bsmilie: I've not been to every country in Europe so my opinions r entirely mine so don't take me too seriously. :) If i have the $$, i willl travel slowly for 2 months i guess. When we backpacked, we saved $$ by bringing a few tins of tuna,ham etc n eat it with bread. It's filling n cheap. :thumbsup:

Actually wanted to go there to appreciate their culture and beautiful landscape. Planned to go for around 3 months, then back to SG then proceed with my 3 months China tour;)

Though I may like shopping, but their prices are:sweat:. Think at most will get myself a LV wallet and a handbag for my mum in France since my brother has friend there who can show me around.

Anyway, have started to read a bit of travel guides like lonely planet and DK's Eyewitness travel guide. Find them quite useful but a bit confusing as every place they mention in the book is stranger to me.:bsmilie:

Last edited:
Actually wanted to go there to appreciate their culture and beautiful landscape. Planned to go for around 3 months, then back to SG then proceed with my 3 months China tour;)

Though I may like shopping, but their prices are:sweat:. Think at most will get myself a LV wallet and a handbag for my mum in France since my brother has friend there who can show me around.

Anyway, have started to read a bit of travel guides like lonely planet and DK's Eyewitness travel guide. Find them quite useful but a bit confusing as every place they mention in the book is stranger to me.:bsmilie:

Their prices r not shocking during the sale. Can be dirt cheap during sale. LV in France,Spain, UK cheaper than SG. LV in paris got to Q though. Zara,Camper is cheap in Spain but Paul Smith n Burberrys not cheaper in UK. Better off waiting for the sales. Oh,some countries want u to produce a proof of ID when u use ur credit card, some ask u to key in ur PIN instead of signing ur name so pls be prepared.
If u can bunk in with friends even better. I guess u will cut costs by staying in hostels? Since time is not an issue to u,maybe u can travel slowly,even work abit?

I like DK eye witness. :thumbsup: It is prettier than lonely planet. U'll be fine lah. Do ur research can already. :)

Last edited:
Their prices r not shocking during the sale. Can be dirt cheap during sale. LV in France,Spain, UK cheaper than SG. LV in paris got to Q though. Zara,Camper is cheap in Spain but Paul Smith n Burberrys not cheaper in UK. Better off waiting for the sales. Oh,some countries want u to produce a proof of ID when u use ur credit card, some ask u to key in ur PIN instead of signing ur name so pls be prepared.
If u can bunk in with friends even better. I guess u will cut costs by staying in hostels? Since time is not an issue to u,maybe u can travel slowly,even work abit?

I like DK eye witness. :thumbsup: It is prettier than lonely planet. U'll be fine lah. Do ur research can already. :)

GOT LV CAMERA BAG? BURBERRY LENS?

zz

Ya, but that is only in France,where they have a house to let me stay. In other places have to source my own hostels. Now the difficult part is to cajole my friends to go with me. But most of them all got $$$ problems, and they say 2-3 months is too long and the longest they can afford is 3 weeks...

Ya, but that is only in France,where they have a house to let me stay. In other places have to source my own hostels. Now the difficult part is to cajole my friends to go with me. But most of them all got $$$ problems, and they say 2-3 months is too long and the longest they can afford is 3 weeks...

It's not that bad to go alone cos u will talk to the natives more. If u travel with friends,u will stick together. :) Ya,not everyone can afford the time n $$ to travel for so long. I can't as well. :)

It's not that bad to go alone cos u will talk to the natives more. If u travel with friends,u will stick together. :) Ya,not everyone can afford the time n $$ to travel for so long. I can't as well. :)

Quite true, at least you will not have too many differences in decisions. But then safety might be a problem when travelling along.

Quite true, at least you will not have too many differences in decisions. But then safety might be a problem when travelling along.

Unless u encounter gay rapists,other than that u just have to worry abt ur camera equipment n $$. :bsmilie: I guess u just have to play it safe n also depends on ur luck.

I don't know. :dunno: U can cut some burberrys checkered fabric n wrap it ard ur lens. :bsmilie:

MAYBE FIND SOMEONE SELLING BURBERRY GAFFER

Going Paris this weekend, I will see if they have camera bag!

SO IT DOESNT SCREAM "CAMERA INSIDE"

zz

but it will scream ROB ME,I'M RICH!!! Then when u take ur camera out to shoot it screams NOT ONLY DO I HAVE AN EXPENSIVE BAG,I HAVE AN EXPENSIVE CAMERA TOO!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.