Yuki

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, that sounds funny, i m not a criminal, so why should i acknowledge? for the sake of whom?and the truth in your mind is meaningless to me. I m not trying to b defensive, it's just like i have different opinions in despicting personal ideas.

Fine by me... you're the photog, your choice.

well, the outfit is beyond my control, i must emphasize this is not a paid shoot, she's one of my friends, there's no legal contract that i can follow to do anything though i did suggest another kinda make-up, though i think the outfit somehow not appropriate for the shoot. What to expect from a free of charge session, i must respect the efforts and time she paid to help me with my personal hobby. The uneven lighting was intentionally done by post-processing which seems doesn't fit any body else's interest.;p

This is lame, blame the model. Actually, it's the photographer's responsibility. You get the glory, and you get the blame. I don't care if it's a paid shoot or not. If I am shooting, I am in control of the image. I will never let the model/mua/stylist run amok. I shoot for myself. So did you, but you gave up control.

Uneven lighting, admit it, you messed up.

well, the outfit is beyond my control, i must emphasize this is not a paid shoot, she's one of my friends, there's no legal contract that i can follow to do anything though i did suggest another kinda make-up, though i think the outfit somehow not appropriate for the shoot. What to expect from a free of charge session, i must respect the efforts and time she paid to help me with my personal hobby. The uneven lighting was intentionally done by post-processing which seems doesn't fit any body else's interest.;p

It's your role as a photographer to make the shoot successful. It does not matter if it is a paid shoot or not. It's your role to give justice to the model since she trusted you to take photos of her. Remember her time is as important as well. Plus she's doing you a favor. Give her something that's worth her effort.

DP and Klose has raised some things you have to absorb and learn from. I have nothing to add to it anymore.

Don't be too defensive. If you don't want people to give comments on your photo, just keep them on your hard disk. Comments are comments whether positive or not. Just take them with a grain of salt.

This is lame, blame the model. Actually, it's the photographer's responsibility. You get the glory, and you get the blame. I don't care if it's a paid shoot or not. If I am shooting, I am in control of the image. I will never let the model/mua/stylist run amok. I shoot for myself. So did you, but you gave up control.

Uneven lighting, admit it, you messed up.

Sorry hor, uneven is a neutral term, and i never deny it, i've said it was intentionally done by post processing, but it's regardingless to "messed up":nono:

It's your role as a photographer to make the shoot successful. It does not matter if it is a paid shoot or not. It's your role to give justice to the model since she trusted you to take photos of her. Remember her time is as important as well. Plus she's doing you a favor. Give her something that's worth her effort.

DP and Klose has raised some things you have to absorb and learn from. I have nothing to add to it anymore.

Don't be too defensive. If you don't want people to give comments on your photo, just keep them on your hard disk. Comments are comments whether positive or not. Just take them with a grain of salt.

well, emphasize quite a lot of times in my previous posts, i m not defensive, but i won't accept non-constructive comments. And, my role, yes, my role as photographer should dominate a lot of decisions, well, only theoritically speaking

Sorry hor, uneven is a neutral term, and i never deny it, i've said it was intentionally done by post processing, but it's regardingless to "messed up":nono:

Well, intentioanlly or not, still messed up.

well, emphasize quite a lot of times in my previous posts, i m not defensive, but i won't accept non-constructive comments. And, my role, yes, my role as photographer should dominate a lot of decisions, well, only theoritically speaking

You mean you wnat to be spooned fed?

Btw, a photographer has to have control of the shoot, that is not a theoratically speaking thing. It's extremely important, otherwise more often than not, the picture(s) will be destined directly to the trash can.

You approach, why don't you just stay with snap shots. There there is little agruement that you do not have all the controls, and not expected to. I think this is the right direction for you.

:bsmilie:
Well, intentioanlly or not, still messed up.

You mean you wnat to be spooned fed?

Btw, a photographer has to have control of the shoot, that is not a theoratically speaking thing. It's extremely important, otherwise more often than not, the picture(s) will be destined directly to the trash can.

You approach, why don't you just stay with snap shots. There there is little agruement that you do not have all the controls, and not expected to. I think this is the right direction for you.

Your suggestion will never be taken into consideration because it's all your opionion but not mine. You'd better not impose your own thoughts on others (while it seems you r always in favor of that very well), like what U.S. did in Iraq :bsmilie: And i think my reply to you only ends up here since i can't show any respect to somebody who doesn't even have any courage to show his own pics. One last advice, i think you should consider throwing your own meaningless words to the trash bin next time b4 u comment on any fellow CSers' work.

Absolutely don't agree with you on this. If you say this is a group paid shoot, then I may agree that you have no control over what she's wearing. If she is one of your friends, then the more you should control her outfit. Have a discussion with her, use your charm to sweet-talk her to wear the best clothes you think she's suitable for. Even if this is a free of charge session, you have the say. Explain to her you are doing justice to her to make her look perfect in front of the camera.

As a photographer, you call the shots. You're the king. As a model, she do what you direct her to do. If she's a pro, then you discuss with her what you want to achieve, and work to a consensus. If she's not, then you decide for her!

Absolutely don't agree with you on this. If you say this is a group paid shoot, then I may agree that you have no control over what she's wearing. If she is one of your friends, then the more you should control her outfit. Have a discussion with her, use your charm to sweet-talk her to wear the best clothes you think she's suitable for. Even if this is a free of charge session, you have the say. Explain to her you are doing justice to her to make her look perfect in front of the camera.

As a photographer, you call the shots. You're the king. As a model, she do what you direct her to do. If she's a pro, then you discuss with her what you want to achieve, and work to a consensus. If she's not, then you decide for her!

well, the truth is i did try to suggest but she refused to take the suggestions. Maybe next time i should be more decisive..:think: But always scare it will spoil the friendship if i keep on imposing my opinions on her which she disagrees. Maybe next time can try paid ones, then i can have a taste of being a true king.:cool:

can u explain a few things for me?

y u ask her to look up?
y u ask her to bend over?
y u ask her to use her hands to touch her knees?
y u ask her to push her chest with her arm?

then

y u cut off her feet?
y u distort the picture?
y u have your horizon slanted?

lastly...

y u take tis pic?
and...
y u post tis pic?
and...
y u post a ;) instead of ;p

excellent critique :thumbsup:

well, the truth is i did try to suggest but she refused to take the suggestions. Maybe next time i should be more decisive..:think: But always scare it will spoil the friendship if i keep on imposing my opinions on her which she disagrees. Maybe next time can try paid ones, then i can have a taste of being a true king.:cool:

If I were you, I'll not proceed with the shoot if she refused. I rather take nice photos of her than making her an ugly duckling. Didn't do justice to her.

But the TS never try to answer them..if he did, he will understand what went wrong..

totally agree! i guess first of all TS need to realise that DCA has given an excellent critique instead of just reading selectively.

sometime you are asked to shoot things that you don't like, you can....

shoot, deliver, and forget it,
shoot, show to others and seek for comments,

if I shot something like this, I will just admit it, a bad shot is bad shot, no matter how much excuses I make, will not turn the bad shot into a good shot.

;)
200611300183085326.jpg

pardon the language but this really sucks

i think you will get better results if you have charby's as your model

it is important to choose the right models

But the TS never try to answer them..if he did, he will understand what went wrong..

yes, i can't answer most of them, maybe you can use these questions to question your own photos and try to answer. And i feel some of the questions like " why is it slant?" my answer is "y not?" Really superised that i c a lot of ppl in square shapes here.:D

If you think the pics sucks, pls put the blame on me, but not the model, but i have to agree professional models definitely will deliver better results.

Firstly i doubt MR Charby would want to be a model ....

Secondly, any person/s can be a right model .... remember this my friend.

and also i think it is not nice to call another person's work "sucks" in public without giving at least yr view/reason.

totally agree! i guess first of all TS need to realise that DCA has given an excellent critique instead of just reading selectively.

most of those i critique failed to realise that actually i've seen the pic and really use my heart into words for them to understand the flaw in the pictures... and mostly its the same group that are darn defensive, u see those group even start a commemorative thread for me in Kopitiam... i damn touched... felt like going in to continue slamming...

guess the truth is unbearable... but to post this pic for all to endure is even worse... can moderator please delete this thread? TS dun understand... if he had understood my intention, he would thank me instead... maybe another 10 years time he might.

Status
Not open for further replies.