[Yapster]~2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yapster

Aug 12, 2006
Pioneer
www.flickr.com
Hi all,
Been shooting on the street for about a year since i started photography with dSLR. And as time goes by, i began to feel that my shots are beginning to wonder off from a certain feel or theme. And slowly i also began to appreciate how a single shot out of the hundreds or thousands photos taken on that day can really make my day. :)

Thus, i've decided to consolidated those shots that i will be taking (from today onwards) which allows me to tell a story based on the feel i have for that shot. :)

And so, i present to you. 一张照片,一种感触,一个故事.

4月6日2008年

给我个机会

Edited-9163w.jpg

"Sunday...
I've got to work,
But...
I've no complains.

My job is hard to come by.

I only hope everyone

Give me a chance."

This is the shot that made my day today. And it's the only shot i've post processed from the 50 over shot i've taken.

It was taken at the Buddha Tooth Temple in Chinatown. My main target today was actually to shoot the old folks' expression with my cheapo 70-300mm G. However, as usual, couldn't find a good spot to snipe them.

So i walked on and on...

And right in front of me, i saw someone.

He/She was struggling to walk with a limp.

He/She was carrying his/her bag in a generally disorientated way.

I snapped based on my feeling.

He/She was like searching high and low for something around the stalls located at the side of the Buddha Tooth Temple.

I was kinda curious what He/She was looking for.

And so, i followed up.

Eventually, i stopped where He/She stopped.

He/She stopped at a stall and went in behind the stall.

On the signboard, it stated " Singapore Spastic Association..."

It all came to light for me.

He/She was actually going to report for work.

Suddenly, i feel guilty.

I've been complaining about my job, my bosses etc in the most sarcastic way i can.

And all He/She wanted was to make a living in the best possible way He/She can.

I guess, sometimes, we must be satisfied with what we are having.

I won't say we don't move on.

But move on in the happiest mood without grudges to current condition.

At least we have the abilities to make things better.

Or at least it is easier for us.

The norms.

Like your flick collection, very day to day...put it together and view it all at once, one can feel the process you went about to take the photos...dunno if that make sense:confused: didn't feel disconnected...even though the photos were of different subjects..:thumbsup:

i like the way you reflect about the picture :)
keep posting!!;)

Like your flick collection, very day to day...put it together and view it all at once, one can feel the process you went about to take the photos...dunno if that make sense:confused: didn't feel disconnected...even though the photos were of different subjects..:thumbsup:

i like the way you reflect about the picture :)
keep posting!!;)

Hi davee78 and Snowywolf, thanks for your compliment.

Hmm, i don't really expect my shots to give viewers the same view as mine as everyone holds different opinions and experience things differently on the same issue/topic/object.

I only hope these shots somehow make viewers take a moment of their time to think about these issue/topic/object which is present in our daily lives but we somehow overlooked it.

I myself do have bad days and it really makes me feel like i am facing the worst Sh** on Planet Earth.

But when i shoot, it somehows calm me down to think that "Hey, life's ain't that bad". :)

I had always love your shots and the way you present it.
Every shots you taken has a story behind it and you had narrate it very well.

Really hope to see more from you.

I had always love your shots and the way you present it.
Every shots you taken has a story behind it and you had narrate it very well.

Really hope to see more from you.

Hi Leong23~ Thanks for your compliment as well. :)

Haha, not every shot la. Some times my shots are kinda "forced" link to the title.
I just try my best to bring out my feel in words given my private limited language background. :sweat:

Sure, will shoot more to share. :D

It is this kind of situation which really makes us feel how fortunate we actually are.
This is really good......:thumbsup:

4月13日2008年

解放。快乐。

Edited-9399w1.jpg

"Letting go. Joy"

Another Sunday.
A day of mood confusion for many.
A day before the usual Monday Blues.
A day in our precious weekend.
Well, my saturday is burnt by work and drenched by the rain.
So, i choose the latter.
Precious day for me.

As usual, woke up earlier than most people, especially on a lazy sunday.
Went for a sumptuous breakfast of hot and delicious economic bee hoon and a cup of Kopi.

And off i went for my street shoot with my Tokina 12-24mm. Inspired by night86mare bro's
Street shots with Ultra Wide Angle Lens.

Hmm, mood is kinda damped. Damped and damned by the stress from work i guess.

So i started off from Raffle's place MRT and tried to look for some interesting stuff for my journal.
As mentioned, mood is not there and wanted to end my walk at City Hall.

But something told me to just walk on. To Bugis.

And so i walked on.

Reached Bugis and walked past most of the stores without given a glance to them. I have my share of shopping spree when i was young and didn't know how to spend my money properly.

And i found it.

A dose of happiness that somehow brighten up my mood.

A few kids were playing water at the hmm, fountain i guess.

And it was here where i noticed something.

A lot of people are watching. In fact, captivated.

Adults and Kids. Including me.

Before i took the shot, i was looking at the people around the fountain.

Some were smiling, Some were quiet but in deep thoughts, Some pulled back their kids not to go too close to the fountain.

But their eyes never left the kids playing at the fountain.

It's like, inside their sub conscious mind, they could be thinking
" How i wish i can play like them!"/
"When was the last time i really let go and have real fun like this"/
"Manz, it would be so fun to play with the water under the hot and humid weather.."
and the list may go on...

But the logical part of the mind came in and overwrite the thinkings with
"Cannot la, later go where to change clothes wor?"/
"Buay sia la, wait my handphone wet, spoil sia"/
"The water so dirty, better don't let ah boy and ah girl get wet. I cannot take leave to take care of them if they are sick. Boss will kill me."

And the list most likely is longer than the sub conscious one.

And so, everyone stand there and watched. Including me.

Yes, i am not the type who dare to go up to shoot directly at the kids when their parents were around for fear of the parents scolding me. Especially without a long zoom lens.

Wait, fear?

Nah, i need to let go too.

So i went up, snap at least 30 shots at continuous mode for myself.

For my own joy and satisfaction.

So, when will you let go of your logics/fear and do something for the first time or didn't do for a long time?

But i didn't play in the fountain of course. A little dose of joy and satisfaction is enough for me.

And i got to go. Before the rain comes.

Damp and Damn.

alamak, never tell me you start apad, i didn't see cos i usually just search for latest posts, so was in hk when you started

welcome bro, love the first two shots you have posted up.. :)

it's all about the mood and story, isn't it? :)

alamak, never tell me you start apad, i didn't see cos i usually just search for latest posts, so was in hk when you started

welcome bro, love the first two shots you have posted up.. :)

it's all about the mood and story, isn't it? :)

Wah, bro, you very fast leh. Haha, you are very supportive man~;p

Haha, yup, cannot APAD la. So can only A.P. Whenever the mood and feel comes. ;p

Ya man, all about the mood and story and trying my best to potray them. :)

Like your photos. Can see that your street type is different with some photographers , your style is like personal , the photos is like your journal where you involved , and appear as a person in the frame which some go opposite try to reduce their presence to minimum . :) Anyway the story and photos are nice.

unlike others, i browse through ur photos briefly, then i'd read your write ups (am a sucker for that) and i'd re-look at your pictures. and wham bam.. the feelings sink in..

=0)

4月6日2008年

给我个机会

Edited-9163w.jpg

Nice feeling captured.

However, for me, if the person's position could be shifted more to the side, the feeling of loss, loneliness and determination will be more vivid. In the perfect middle added too much steadiness and balance to the character.

Correct me if wrong. :)

Like your photos. Can see that your street type is different with some photographers , your style is like personal , the photos is like your journal where you involved , and appear as a person in the frame which some go opposite try to reduce their presence to minimum . :) Anyway the story and photos are nice.

Thanks bahibo~ Ya, trying to make my shots more like memories that i can carry with me till i die and thus try to make it seems like a diary or story. This is the purpose of photography isn't it? Not only to capture the moment, but also the feel at that particular moment of time. :D

Thanks again~;)

unlike others, i browse through ur photos briefly, then i'd read your write ups (am a sucker for that) and i'd re-look at your pictures. and wham bam.. the feelings sink in..

=0)

Haha, thanks Snowywolf~ :)

Hope my write ups is not too lousy. I like things to be simple and thus, my language also try to keep it as simple as possible.

Or maybe it's my limitation as well.:think:

Private limited la. :sweat:

Nice feeling captured.

However, for me, if the person's position could be shifted more to the side, the feeling of loss, loneliness and determination will be more vivid. In the perfect middle added too much steadiness and balance to the character.

Correct me if wrong. :)

Thanks emerald for your comment. :D

Hmm, as you mentioned, i actually would prefer to potray the steadiness and balance to the character. :)

He/She is strong in my view. And could be so much stronger in his/her mind than most of us i feel. ;)

Also, the surrounding is kinda tight for me to shift the character to the side as well. On the left, there are those "New Moon" advertising umbrella and on the right, there are those sign's and nice carving from the temple which i feel would draw the viewer's eyes to the temple instead.

And finally, there is no wrong and right in photography man. :)

A simple object could be very nice when view from different angles.

Same for us, human mankind as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.