XT2 Metering

DSolZ

Mar 6, 2010
Hmm I just started using the xt2 yesterday ...
I feel that the matrix metering and auto white balance feels different compare to xt1.
I no longer have the xt1 so I can't really compare. Do you guys feel that xt2 tend to underexpose (in the situation that it under expose for me it isn't a bad thing since xt2 shadow recovery is good) ? I probably need to do more test ....

Hmm I just started using the xt2 yesterday ...
I feel that the matrix metering and auto white balance feels different compare to xt1.
I no longer have the xt1 so I can't really compare. Do you guys feel that xt2 tend to underexpose (in the situation that it under expose for me it isn't a bad thing since xt2 shadow recovery is good) ? I probably need to do more test ....

I have observed the same differences in terms of WB and metering on my X-T1 and X-T2.

In gist, when shooting portraits, I have to increase exposure by 0.7ev on my XT2 to get a pleasant skin tone, whereas no adjustment is needed on my XT1.

For WB, under indoor incandescent lighting, XT2 auto WB swings towards a yellowish tone, whereas XT1 tends to give a more blueish rendering , which is just nice for the skin tone.

In general, I think XT1 exposure and WB are more suited for portraits . Need to be more careful in checking metering and WB on the XT2.

I have observed the same differences in terms of WB and metering on my X-T1 and X-T2.

In gist, when shooting portraits, I have to increase exposure by 0.7ev on my XT2 to get a pleasant skin tone, whereas no adjustment is needed on my XT1.

For WB, under indoor incandescent lighting, XT2 auto WB swings towards a yellowish tone, whereas XT1 tends to give a more blueish rendering , which is just nice for the skin tone.

In general, I think XT1 exposure and WB are more suited for portraits . Need to be more careful in checking metering and WB on the XT2.

I observe the same things for XT-1 and XT-2