WTS: Goretex Jacket Size L Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nirvana said:
Kingpin - I'm sorry you are confused. I said ASSUME I am selling a two piece jacket - an outer shell with an inner FLEECE jacket. If you can tell me how to tell the difference between a Goretex jacket and Fleece, I am prepared to subject the jacket to the test. However, let it be known that at $49, this is less than A THIRD of the cost of a FLEECE jacket on sale at Compassvale. I also said that the sale is subject to "acceptance upon final inspection."

BEWARE of what??? If you have not been following the thread, kindly make your comments AFTER reading through all the postings. If you need a lesson in English, I am prepared to spend some time to educate you. ;) Although I must warn you I have little patience for those that are intellectually subpar but believe they are smarter than lab rats.

Just beware of people like u.

Moderators,

I would SINCERELY appreciate it if you could kindly close this thread. Its starting to smell like the Rodent King has made this place its home. Someone ought to fumigate this site to get rid of this pest.

Thanks to all for the interest shown as well as to all who have participated. As a gracious gesture, I shall also include my thanks to the rodent for adding some odour into an otherwise boring thread. :D

Kingpin, I think you over reacted, Nirvana probably just don't know about jackets that well and wasn't able to put up a clear description. Saying beware is as good as making an accussation. You better be prepared to defend it.

Nirvana, don't lose your cool. If you want to dispute an accusation, don't start calling pple names. The result will just be senseless war of words.

Goretex jackets in general will not come as a jacket brand. Either there is a brand name that you fail to find or identify, or it might be an imitation. I find it quite amazing that you know about shells and fleece but yet have difficult telling between the 2. Fleece jackets looks somewhat like wool jackets (not the best description I know, but it is the closest I can think of), feel very soft to the touch and 1 look/touch you can tell they are not water proof.

Goretex (or other waterproof, breathable shells) jackets can be tested for water proofness. When in good condition and properly worn, you can stand in heavy rain for a few hours and should stay dry (except for your sweat). Good imitations are able achieve that too.

Thank you Frisky. I just find personal attacks absolutely distasteful especially if there is no basis for the slander. I believe that Goretex is Goretex. There may be several grades of goretex, with the premium ones with higher water-resistant qualities. I still stand by my initial thread that I SINCERELY believe I have a goretex jacket but it is definitely not a premium grade one. The jacket is water RESISTANT but is clearly not waterproof.

Status
Not open for further replies.