Woman Everest team reaches summit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh, I can't even finish climbing Mount Kinabalu. Maybe I should go up and try again, so i can snap my achievement for personal record :)

For those who think that climbing Everest is so glorious, do read this article (pay particular attention to page 3)

Over the Top

Last edited:
For those who think that climbing Everest is so glorious, do read this article (pay particular attention to page 3)

Over the Top

Well I think most people climb Everest not because of glory, but self-achievement. Well that's to my opinion though.

I read an article, which I think was in an issue of the National Geographic magazine, that there are currently so many climbers and tourists scaling Mount Everest till it's beginning to turn into the world's highest landfill / waste dump.

Lincoln Hall lived in Singapore in 2005.
His son had went to the Australian international school and i was in the meeting a day before he had been found to let the students know that Lincoln had passed away on everest.
A day later, a news report on the internet had show that Lincoln was alive, my friends called his son in Sydney, and he didnt even know that the sherpas had found his dad until that call.
Fortunately for his son, Lincoln pulled through

err......wonder how many percent of these climbers can make it to the summit without those super Sherpas and crew??? 95% according to my mountaineering friends cos they do everything for u 'cept carry u up of coz! Been to Nepal many times n the amt of $$ these expeditions cost can build millions ( yes-it takes a few thousand to build one!) of homes or schools over there!

The route they used have been used thousands of time before.Anyway congrats to them,not trying to discredit them n just wondering if any women out there feel particularly proud or just blase about the whole thing.Do women still need to prove to the world?

err......wonder how many percent of these climbers can make it to the summit without those super Sherpas and crew??? 95% according to my mountaineering friends cos they do everything for u 'cept carry u up of coz! Been to Nepal many times n the amt of $$ these expeditions cost can build millions ( yes-it takes a few thousand to build one!) of homes or schools over there!

The route they used have been used thousands of time before.Anyway congrats to them,not trying to discredit them n just wondering if any women out there feel particularly proud or just blase about the whole thing.Do women still need to prove to the world?

if you are running across a 6 lane expressway with roads that can collapse anytime, do you think with guides and whatever not, you will reach the other side safely? so what if a million people have run across that same road. does it make it any safer? and the guides, they will juz die with you.

you been to Nepal so many times, maybe you should try to go up to 5000m and beyond. I will LOVE to see how you can claim to be easy up in thin air and blistering cold.

and there is nothing wrong with women climbing mountains. any singaporean who climbs up that giantic piece of rock deserves a pat on the back from each of us, male or female. if you think your fitness can match theirs, go ahead, i will LOVE to watch you pit your fitness against theirs at 5000m and beyond.

dun juz be a keyboard hero. be in their shoes. if you cant, dun make such sexist or ignorant comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.