[wkteoh] A Photo Whenever Possible 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkteoh

Sep 23, 2009
Entered the DSLR world about mid-September due to poisoning from people around me. Have been fortunate to find such an active photography community in Clubsnap.

Was contemplating APAD or APAW but finally settled on this so that I won't be forced to churn out pictures even though I don't have any good/meaningful ones - not that the ones I post are necessarily going to be good :bsmilie:

Anyway first photo:

1st Nov 2009
4068255323_08f400b83c_o.jpg

The not-a-small-insect-creature
Joined the West Shooterz in their recent macro outing (although to be honest, I didn't really have a proper macro gear). Was shooting some ants (forgive the new guy for his unwarranted enthusiasm towards mundane subjects, will ya?) when I noticed the big guy climbing up the tree branch above me. Luckily it just chilled out and waited for me while I switched gears.

Nov 4, 2009

A shoulder to rest upon
Love the serenity and sense of togetherness, not the noise :(

Nov 4, 2009

A shoulder to rest upon
Love the serenity and sense of togetherness, not the noise :(

errr this is a little underexposed, no? Unless u wanna convey an eerie feeling, the underexposure doesn't seem necesary.

Would suggest post-production on your photos before posting. It'll make your photos look terrific in the long run.

By the way, I'm not suggesting that photo-editing completely the picture, I just merely suggest liven up the colours, saturation, constrast ( and in this case, exposure), just to enhance the photo.

Just my 2c :)

Welcome to Clubsnap APAD / APAW ! :)

errr this is a little underexposed, no? Unless u wanna convey an eerie feeling, the underexposure doesn't seem necesary.

Would suggest post-production on your photos before posting. It'll make your photos look terrific in the long run.

By the way, I'm not suggesting that photo-editing completely the picture, I just merely suggest liven up the colours, saturation, constrast ( and in this case, exposure), just to enhance the photo.

Just my 2c :)

Welcome to Clubsnap APAD / APAW ! :)

Thanks for your comment. Agree that it is quite underexposed. Was trying to get this shot handheld so didn't really dare going to low shutter speed.

Hehe I guess it's time for me to learn PP eh? Was trying to delay that until I get better at taking pictures.

Nov 6, 2009

To be loved
A kitten enjoying getting nuzzled by its mother.

Nov 7, 2009

Swirling waves of colour and light
Loud colours for the boomz!

Nov 8, 2009

Frames, a couple.
On my way home after dessert in Chinatown.
[/QUOTE]

yes it is super cute, and at the same time super terrified of me. Very hard to take its picture because it always hides whenever it sees me.

Nov 12, 2009

Thoughtful
My favourite cat picture so far. Posted before but I was testing out my 三脚猫 levelling skill. Compared to the previous version, which one do you think is better? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.