Will you swap your M9 / M9P / ME for the Sony FF compact?

Will you swap your M9 / M9P / ME for the Sony FF compact?

Results are only viewable after voting.

The problems with the ultra wide angle lenses are most likely true because with the exception of Leica, no one needs to make a sensor that is compatible with legacy lenses.

The problems with the ultra wide angle lenses are most likely true because with the exception of Leica, no one needs to make a sensor that is compatible with legacy lenses.

Tried CV15 on A7. Very little visible color cast on d edges. Still usable.

Tried CV15 on A7. Very little visible color cast on d edges. Still usable.

Vignetting is too fierce for my liking though.

The ultimate test is to take it out into the open with clear blue skies. Interior wise, it's 'hard' to get the color shift indoors unless the light is intense

Agree. But no chance to bring it outta d cafe, sadly. Guess have to wait n see

Posted this in the Sony sub-forum but I thought I'll also post here since it is also relevant to the discussion. Forgotten to bring my wide angle lens along, so the widest I managed to test was a 35mm. As expected, no color shift was detected with that lens.

Had the opportunity to preview the Sony A7 at a pre-launch event organised by Sony Singapore and Clubsnap. Took some of my RF lens down to try out with the camera. Overall the image quality is good but I think focus peaking is still a hit and miss. I average ~50% hit rate with my RF lens in terms of focusing accuracy. This is no where near as accurate and consistent compared to focusing using the rangefinder. I guess with more practice, the hit rate will go up but if you are a wide open shooter, you'll likely be better off with a rangefinder.

Given my limited time with this camera, it has dispelled any doubts I had over it being a viable substitute to my M240. However I think it would make a suitable addition/backup to Leica M9 users looking for high ISO capabilities missing in their camera.

Some of the test images are found below. All taken @ ISO 3200, JPG, Auto-WB except for the first one which was taken at ISO 800.

10904030524_f4793c2a5a_b.jpg

Sony A7 (pre-production firmware) with Leica 35mm Summilux Asph FLE @ f/1.4 using Novoflex NEX-M adapter

10904191393_094f0c9db5_b.jpg

Sony A7 (pre-production firmware) with Leica 50mm Noctilux E58 V1 @ f/1.0 using Novoflex NEX-M adapter

10903892915_16c817e451_b.jpg

Sony A7 (pre-production firmware) with Leica 50mm Summilux Asph @ f/1.4 using Novoflex NEX-M adapter

10904190173_afe16b0a2b_b.jpg

Sony A7 (pre-production firmware) with Leica 50mm Summilux Asph @ f/1.4 using Novoflex NEX-M adapter

For rest of the photos and their full res version, please visit my Flickr set.