Will you still buy a Toyota?

Will you still buy a Toyato?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ahem .... is lexus considered a toyota too ? how about daihatsu, since toyota owns 51 % :think:

I think some Lexus was recalled too but they did specified the batch. We won't know about the rest- many of these manufacturers share the same components from accelerators to bake pumps.

But I can imagine Toyota will from now up their QC until sat-sat.

Still, the problem remains - our cars are now too "electronic" already. With technology, comes great responsibility :sweat: and testing.

Maybe they should repeat this classic advert on Toyota Corolla Anyway I've own 4 previous Toyota's including current Wish. Best:thumbsup:

Majority of recalled Toyotas are left hand drive cars made for North America made in North American plants. The JAPAN made Prius recall is a software fix to alleviate timing problems that affect driver perception of braking when switching between ABS and hydraulic braking.

Alot of car subsystems are made by 3rd party suppliers now. E.g. Mercedes brakes and ECU are made by Bosch. Toyota sources up to 50% of content from local procurement of parts due to their global strategy. Lots of 3rd party suppliers's profits are squeezed by the automakers. They were also facing a downturn due to recession.

Some non-US media analysis of the situation. http://www.asahi.com/english/TKY201002260451.html

Prius fix
http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english/NEWS_EN/20100205/179967/

In the case of the new Prius, the time from the activation of the ABS to the activation of the hydraulics break is slightly longer than that of the previous models. And it makes drivers feel that the brake does not work well, Toyota said.

IMHO, some of the media coverage out there is dramatizing things and is unbalanced.

Yes I will.

Toyota Mark X is my next target :)

Just thought I do a random search of the internet for recalls to see what its like in 2009 since Toyota bashing seems to be the norm these days.

"After just informing you of the side airbags and seat belt tensioner glitches for the BMW 1 Series and 3 Series 2008 model year, BMW North America has issued a recall notice for three more products: the BMW X5 and X6 model year 2009 and the R1200 RT motorbike MY 2007-2009, all three vehicles having issues with the braking system." http://www.autoevolution.com/news/bmw-recalls-2009-x5-x6-and-r1200-rt-bike-in-the-us-8770.html

WASHINGTON, D.C. --- Mercedes-Benz is recalling 352 MY 2009 G-Class G550 SUVs because of a problem with the fuel system. .... However, a partial dislocation of the line poses the risk of fuel loss from the line at the quick connector. Fuel leakage, in the presence of an ignition source, could result in a fire. http://www.automotive-fleet.com/Cha...2-09-550-G-Class-Vehicles.aspx?interstitial=1

Washington, Oct 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Close on the heels of Toyota’s recall 2009, comes another major recall by an automobile Giant Ford. Ford Motor Co. launched its largest recall ever on Tuesday, and also warned drivers of 4.5 million cars and trucks of a badly designed switch, which could cause vehicle fires.http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal...09-affects-45-million-vehicles_100260633.html

:):)

My Toyota is a JDM.

My next Toyota (if it's going to be a Toyota - VeeDub Scirocco poison quite strong) will be a JDM.

Nissan just started a recall. So has GM and Acura...

With the recent recalls and reliability issues, we you still buy a Toyota?

How about you give me one, I can test out the reliability.:bsmilie:

Previous Nissan, the mileage was 980,xxx km before scrap. Almost getting to a zero reset by its own, how' bout that for reliability ?

Last edited:
I think this is a ploy by the Americans to boost their own automotive industry. Bear in mind the Detroit automotive are bleeding badly. Ford, GM, Chrysler just cannot compete with the Jap and Germans. Instead of strengthening themselves, they are trying to weaken their No. 1 competitor. This has a very big impact not just for their domestic market but also at a time when they are competing for the 2nd largest market, China. I saw the "interrogation" of the Toyota president by the US senators. They are even asking Toyota to be "transparent" and share their global sales, recall, safety, etc information. Knowing jolly well the Toyota president cannot speak English, they grilled him using an interpretor. The senator was even at a point sarcastic about the way the Toyota president speaks. The whole facade is to embarrass Toyota. There may have been fault with the car but I am sure it has been exagerated and blown out of proportion in a bid to erode/halt the advances of Toyota in US, if not the world.

One of the points being brought out is that the fault was swiftly dealt with in JDM makes of a particular model while the rest of the world is kept in the dark. So the interesting thing for Singapore is that if a parallel import such as Mark X is discovered to have a fault. Will it be dealt with along the other JDM or is up to the local agent to initiate a recall.

Last edited:
How about you give me one, I can test out the reliability.:bsmilie:

Previous Nissan, the mileage was 980,xxx km before scrap. Almost getting to a zero reset by its own, how' bout that for reliability ?

Haha... I just bought the JDM Corolla Axio few days ago to test it out.

I was given a new Altis to drive last year when my car was in the workshop for a week..... taking even wide gentle turns/bends on the expressway at faster than 60kmh was frighteningly freaky ....... stock Toyota suspension still sucks

Drive by Wire sucks .. if i remember correctly, there are other manufacturers who have implement Brake by Wire and Steer by Wire... imagine if brake and steering fails too :eek:

Buy ah! Now there is 6k discount for Altis and 5k off for Vios.. Similar pricing with Korean cars now