Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody once said:

"A stranger is just a friend you haven't met."
Not necessary .... maybe a robber you have just met .... :think:

I have a friend who is always insisting that he pays on behalf of the group using his cards and the reason is that he will accumulate points.
Probably the backend of Popular will be looking into the purchasing power of the card holders and one day may offer a Gold Popular card to those "big spenders"!.... you should be thankful to those aunties ...:bsmilie:

Who knows, that kind deed maybe the aunties won't forget... for all we know the aunties got pretty daughters...

Ha, ha, had a friend who actually met his wife this way some years back. My friend frequented this old lady's flower shop a couple of times. Became friends with the old lady. Then one day he happened to stop by and met the very pretty daughter. Got introduced and the rest is history. Now happily married with kids.

I have a friend who is always insisting that he pays on behalf of the group using his cards and the reason is that he will accumulate points.
Won't make a big difference la. Maybe in the long run. Wah! That would mean that friend of yours is really hard-up for the points.

it's the asking, not the giving...

It's OK to give, just a little more kiasu to ask.

For those who are scolding the person for not lending, please think again.

My personal view is that lending the card is a plus, not lending the card is zero.

We should not make it to become that lending the card is a zero, and not lending is a minus.

A serious change in mindset is needed when people EXPECT that help is given and/or taken for granted.

Just a clarification. I don't start this thread for people to bash at me, throw me crude remarks etc. Just wanted to know how people response to such situations.

And i just wonder, those who said so generously of themselves here, in real life, are they really what they speak of themselves here? Or they just follow the flow here, scared of being sarcastically remarked by other parties?

At least i am being true to myself. And i did borrow my card to the 2 aunties. One of them even cut my queue accidentaly. But i did not mind at all.

But just fed-up that they saw my card on my hands while i was in the queue, and borrow from me. Lets say if i took out my card at the last minute, would they ask to borrow from me?

Just a clarification. I don't start this thread for people to bash at me, throw me crude remarks etc. Just wanted to know how people response to such situations.

And i just wonder, those who said so generously of themselves here, in real life, are they really what they speak of themselves here? Or they just follow the flow here, scared of being sarcastically remarked by other parties?

At least i am being true to myself. And i did borrow my card to the 2 aunties. One of them even cut my queue accidentaly. But i did not mind at all.

But just fed-up that they saw my card on my hands while i was in the queue, and borrow from me. Lets say if i took out my card at the last minute, would they ask to borrow from me?

:thumbsup: for ur kindness in lending! You are certainly right that ur card is still your property and that it sucks when ppl try to cheat u cos you are kind.
but i guess a little kindness helps makes the world a better place.
I find that clubsnap is MOSTLY enjoyable cos there are alot of kind ppl who are patient and willing to share their lobangs and knowledge..
frankly i get abit pissed when i see a noob post a qn that's asked and mentioned before and it can be searched in the forum. but there's always someone eager and quick to answer the person. then I reflect on myself and i find that i usually post a qn without searching the forum as well.. so abit of tolerance helps every place a better place..

few mths back a promoter suggest for additional 10% discount and even help me borrow from a stranger.. initially i told her it's not very nice but she claim the member got benefit from reward point credit to them.. good, cos i go for the win win situation..

Who knows, that kind deed maybe the aunties won't forget... for all we know the aunties got pretty daughters...

Ha, ha, had a friend who actually met his wife this way some years back. My friend frequented this old lady's flower shop a couple of times. Became friends with the old lady. Then one day he happened to stop by and met the very pretty daughter. Got introduced and the rest is history. Now happily married with kids.

Wow! :eek:

Perhaps its your language and the way you phrased your remarks, but you started your thread with

"Fed-up of 2 cases where aunties borrowed my Popular Card with the reason that they forgot to bring. Forgot to bring, then dun use lor. Why borrow from stranger? As if i pay for the card, for them to use.

Anyone kena such incident before?"

It sounds like you were damn pissed and not just asking for opinion on how people respond to such situation. Why condemn people behind their back....and also calling them aunties, which I sensed you have prejudice against them.

Grow up, if you make a statement like that be prepared to be hammered.......or ....if you cannot take it, don't say it....

For those who are scolding the person for not lending, please think again.

My personal view is that lending the card is a plus, not lending the card is zero.

We should not make it to become that lending the card is a zero, and not lending is a minus.

A serious change in mindset is needed when people EXPECT that help is given and/or taken for granted.
This is the voice or reason here. The only one.

Perhaps its your language and the way you phrased your remarks, but you started your thread with

"Fed-up of 2 cases where aunties borrowed my Popular Card with the reason that they forgot to bring. Forgot to bring, then dun use lor. Why borrow from stranger? As if i pay for the card, for them to use.

Anyone kena such incident before?"

It sounds like you were damn pissed and not just asking for opinion on how people respond to such situation. Why condemn people behind their back....and also calling them aunties, which I sensed you have prejudice against them.

Grow up, if you make a statement like that be prepared to be hammered.......or ....if you cannot take it, don't say it....

If i don't address them as aunties, then what do i call them? Calling them aunties mean i got prejudice against them? I've bought coffee from female sellers and i called them aunties too. Does it means i got prejudice against the female coffee sellers also? :nono:

If i don't address them as aunties, then what do i call them? Calling them aunties mean i got prejudice against them? I've bought coffee from female sellers and i called them aunties too. Does it means i got prejudice against the female coffee sellers also? :nono:

no.. u not wrong, but not right..

should call them 'xiao jie'...

most would reply with a smile ... haha...

If i don't address them as Chio Bu, Babes or Ladies, then what do i call them?

How about my version??

Psychologically I believe when you name some non related person as auntie you have no fetish towards them! :bsmilie:

To me a lady will alway be one. Young lady or old lady.

How about my version??

Psychologically I believe when you name some non related person as auntie you have no fetish towards them! :bsmilie:

To me a lady will alway be one. Young lady or old lady.

Agree, its more polite to just refer to them as two ladies.....if do not like to hear others in a more critical tone, then stop putting yourself up to be commented upon....get real man...

Status
Not open for further replies.