Will you lend your discount card to strangers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thumbsup:

Thats the kind of opinion i'm looking for!

Its not a matter of cheapskate or not but a matter of principles. :nono: Even if its a cheap discount card, its your own property too.

yup and it's up to you on whether you want to be selfish or not.

I would lend mine if I weren't in a hurry.

Yes so it's a matter of principles. If we are to build a more cohesive and gracious society, why do we bother with such minor things as lending your card to others? Yes it's your own property but you do not lose anything when you lend it to them.

Unless of course, your mentality is that their gain at your expense is your loss. Then this kind of attitude is brought of from young so very hard to change. For me, I would lend any stranger my items if it wont cause me any major loss because I know I'm helping someone. Of course, now the onus on the other party not to misplace my trust.

So we will be seeing posts complaining about people borrowing a pencil/ball point to mark 4d betting tickets while in the Q?
Have we not got better things to do? It seems trivial.

no loss to you lend la... nothing wrong wat....
why so unfriendly?

"stranger will be stranger" :nono:
then if you go overseseas and ask for direction, people ignore you how?
if want people to take picture for you when you tour, you ask who? stranger right?
or you go overseas never take picture of youself one?

in singaopore if you need help in the streets, like ask direction: people give you the "white" eye and walk away without answering you how?

i think we need to be a more helpful society...
if not in hurry, can help then help la...

my $0.02

So what.....sometimes discount card alows you to accumulate point too at the same time....if you do not want to lend its your choice....why make a fuss over such matters?

We all started as strangers first before we become friends and colleagues.

It is called karma, today you don't want to borrow the card to the aunties, maybe tomorrow you'll be the one doing the borrowing.

Don't sweat the 5 cents 10 cents things or you'll miss the dollars.

Its not a matter of cheapskate or not but a matter of principles. :nono: Even if its a cheap discount card, its your own property too.

We all started as strangers first before we become friends and colleagues.

It is called karma, today you don't want to borrow the card to the aunties, maybe tomorrow you'll be the one doing the borrowing.

Don't sweat the 5 cents 10 cents things or you'll miss the dollars.

Just a card and no money involved, TS never lost out anything also during that transaction. Only helping someone save some money and he feels unhappy because he never do it willingly.
I guess in his life he will lose out a lot of things with this type of character.

no loss to you lend la... nothing wrong wat....
why so unfriendly?

"stranger will be stranger" :nono:
then if you go overseseas and ask for direction, people ignore you how?
if want people to take picture for you when you tour, you ask who? stranger right?
or you go overseas never take picture of youself one?

in singaopore if you need help in the streets, like ask direction: people give you the "white" eye and walk away without answering you how?

i think we need to be a more helpful society...
if not in hurry, can help then help la...

my $0.02

no offence but wat erictan8888 said is :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i have creative discount card, who want to borrow? :) :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

sorry dun mind...if you say its your principle...why you start this thread in the first place?

For me, I am with the general consinsus here that lending out the discount card is OK, provided that I am not in a hurry. Don't lose anything except time only. (and I don't think that the transaction would take a long time)

I was once queueing to pay at Robinson's. A gentleman at the front of me turned back to me and offered his payment voucher to offset some of the cost of my purchase. He has a $50 voucher and his purchase amounted to $47+ only. He told me that instead of wasting the balance of the voucher and let Robinson's earn, he would rather let me 'gain.' So he passed his voucher to me together with his purchase and both our purchases were billed together. My bermudas that I bought is now $2+ cheaper! :)

For me, I am with the general consinsus here that lending out the discount card is OK, provided that I am not in a hurry. Don't lose anything except time only. (and I don't think that the transaction would take a long time)

I was once queueing to pay at Robinson's. A gentleman at the front of me turned back to me and offered his payment voucher to offset some of the cost of my purchase. He has a $50 voucher and his purchase amounted to $47+ only. He told me that instead of wasting the balance of the voucher and let Robinson's earn, he would rather let me 'gain.' So he passed his voucher to me together with his purchase and both our purchases were billed together. My bermudas that I bought is now $2+ cheaper! :)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: that's the spirit!

That's the way to go, man. I did something similar yesterday at Maxwell Rd carpark. Put two $1 parking coupons and got everything done within half an hour instead of the estimated one hour. As the coupons still have half an hour value left, handed them over to the gentleman who just parked his car. Saved him $1. In life, it's about give and take. I gave a dollar to a stranger, so what's wrong with lending your card to a stranger. Selfishness will get you no where.

so, what if when you drive your car into a rather full URA car park, and someone just about to leave and pass you a half used parking coupon and his lot, to take or not to take?

so, what if when you drive your car into a rather full URA car park, and someone just about to leave and pass you a half used parking coupon and his lot, to take or not to take?

Why not? Grab it with both arms. Spread the goodwill and return the favour the next time you are in the giver's situation. Kindness begets kindness.:)

I was at IKEA once, when an Ah Soh asked me what I was buying....I was like...huh? Then sehe offered me a discount voucher becos she did not need it.....Its in the spirit of Ah Sohs to make the best bargain.........everyone gain, everyone happy.....is their slogan.....then there was once a pretty babe asked me for some loose change as she has only 2 $1 coins....gave her 60cents which she needed.....but come to think of it...she'd have lost only 40 cents if she had put the $1 coin in, and I contribute to her 60 cents.....I wonder if the TS would have been likewise mesmerized and willingly loan the card if the 2 were pretty young babes....ultimately if one is willing to give/loan, why complain? You have a choice....for all you know...the Ah Sohs may be your future in-laws...after all Singapore is such a small place.

Somebody once said:

"A stranger is just a friend you haven't met."

I was at IKEA once, when an Ah Soh asked me what I was buying....I was like...huh? Then sehe offered me a discount voucher becos she did not need it.....Its in the spirit of Ah Sohs to make the best bargain.........everyone gain, everyone happy.....is their slogan.....then there was once a pretty babe asked me for some loose change as she has only 2 $1 coins....gave her 60cents which she needed.....but come to think of it...she'd have lost only 40 cents if she had put the $1 coin in, and I contribute to her 60 cents.....I wonder if the TS would have been likewise mesmerized and willingly loan the card if the 2 were pretty young babes....ultimately if one is willing to give/loan, why complain? You have a choice....for all you know...the Ah Sohs may be your future in-laws...after all Singapore is such a small place.

better not let my CO see this..

i would also have gave her the 60 cents... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.