Will the Empire Strike Back ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
espn said:
D100 replacement probably already in the final stage, just that the D2X is the limelight for the time being and should be launching soon.

The D2HS 6/8mp upgrades should be coming soon too ;)

OT a bit.. - espn, are u waiting for the D200 to replace ur current one? or to rumoured D2HS? as a geek head, i also want to see the specs of this cam.

OT: Neither... Heehee I'm waiting for neither. But am waiting for one of which you never mention... heehee. :devil:

espn said:
OT: Neither... Heehee I'm waiting for neither. But am waiting for one of which you never mention... heehee. :devil:

errrmmm... 20D? :devil:

kidding.... will dat be the D3, as mentioned by u in the nikon rumour thread?

Nikon and Canon r both very good photography systems! Competition is only healthy as it benefit us, who knows, Bosses of Nikon n Canon both Japs might be good Friends, if not i think they should be. :bsmilie:

Infect, Cludsnaps Jedi's use nikons n canons all r good Friends. :D

As from Advise, its the photography not which eqp thetas important. right! :D

dementate said:
I just hope the new D200, D90, or whatever has support for vertical grips, saw so many D70 users straining themselves in Raffles City the last few days.

I saw many with vertical grip but without monopods. I think that is even more straining. :D 1hr near non-stop shooting for Asian Young Fashion Designer Contest. Yea, a vertical grip is much welcomed for the next model.....though there is another way to grip it more conventionally (with monopod usage). Of coz it will make the cam look bigger (nicer?)...... :devil: What i hope for is the prices to be very competitive, then can get a digital backup body.

My legs more strained than upper body after 11 fashion shows since Aug. :D

Nikon is the Republic.. Nikon Council = Jedi Council.. hehe.. Canon = Empire.

As for the competition of the 20D.. is it likely to be called the D90. And boy from what I have heard, 20D will just be a whimper.. and Canon will do what it did with the D60.. replace it soon with the 30D.

nightwolf75 said:
errrmmm... 20D? :devil:

kidding.... will dat be the D3, as mentioned by u in the nikon rumour thread?
:kok: :kok: :nono:

King Tiger! alamak! den ur sony how? so fast thinkin abt changing? ;) ;)

i am also 1 of those running in circles..
getting either a D70 or a 20D (which my club mates are eagerly pushing for me to buy)
i am hesistating because nikon does not have much stuff for upgrades. as if if 1 day i out grow a d70...where is my next stepping stone ? D2h? too pro for me..
canon (based on now) 300d-10/20d-mark2

i like the nikon sys because the d70 is good plus i grew up using nikon sys...but hesistant on canon stuff because of a bad exp with canon stuff twice.

yet canon is more flexible with prods (as least for me).

offspring said:
si bu si s3?
Beep. Heehee.. thought you'd know that I'm a die hard Nikonian by now... heehee.... :)

King Tiger said:
Nie, my earlier thread is understudy only, but a lot of ppl keep asking me why buy DSLR, why buy this, why buy that. Again, to state, just understudy only.

Anyway, this time, I have already decide which camp to join in.
If you see my past thread carefully, you will find the answers. :D

Understudy?? For me, I will study the camera's backside, frontside and topside. There is nothing nice to see at the underside, unless you're looking for something else, like a pervert or voyeur, aka peeping tom.... :bsmilie: :cool: :cool:

After understudying for too long, the D70 is no longer fresh and new, time to move on to understudy the replacement model of the D70. How about that.

acetylcholine said:
i am also 1 of those running in circles..
getting either a D70 or a 20D (which my club mates are eagerly pushing for me to buy)
i am hesistating because nikon does not have much stuff for upgrades. as if if 1 day i out grow a d70...where is my next stepping stone ? D2h? too pro for me..
canon (based on now) 300d-10/20d-mark2

i like the nikon sys because the d70 is good plus i grew up using nikon sys...but hesistant on canon stuff because of a bad exp with canon stuff twice.

yet canon is more flexible with prods (as least for me).
Mmmm upgrades? You mean like a new body every year or so? Hardly, if you can get a set of trinity, most of your shooting needs will be satisfied, isn't that what you want? Or you prefer to keep upgrading regularly? :)

I frankly don't think anybody can outgrow a D70 or even D100 yet, it would probably take years for that to happen, by then you'd probably be ready for D3X or D5H.

The D70, D100 falls into the consumer classes, same goes for 300D, 10D, 20D. The professional series are still D1X/H, D2H, 1D, 1D MKII, and 1Ds. If you consider D2H too pro for you, owning a 20D and going to 1D MKII will be the same scenario.

Also very importantly, you're buying because of pressure? If so, please don't, you might end up wasting money and selling it because it doesn't suit you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.