Wide angle lens for d90?

Some people feel that using FX lens on DX body is good, because typically lenses are sharpest at the center, which is where the DX sensor is recording the image.
There is no 'impact' when using an FX lens on DX body, if talking purely about image quality.

Ok, so means whether it's FX or DX lens when used on a crop body, the image quality has no impact.

Hmm I think I should think twice before using a wide angle. Will try arranging in semi circle form. Btw abit off topic, I have been seeing ppl posting about tamron 18-50mm f2.8, but I don't see wat is so great compare to the kit 18-105 vr other then the f2.8

Then you'll be even more shocked to learn what the Nikkor AF-S DX 17-55mm f/2.8 costs, since it's nothing great compared to the 18-105 kit lens, except for the f/2.8

Ok, so means whether it's FX or DX lens when used on a crop body, the image quality has no impact.

Yeah pretty much. An FX and DX lens differ mainly by the size of the "image circle" (can go search that term).

Then you'll be even more shocked to learn what the Nikkor AF-S DX 17-55mm f/2.8 costs, since it's nothing great compared to the 18-105 kit lens, except for the f/2.8

Yes the price is really shocking lol...

UncleFai said:
Sure. But correcting wide angle distortion on humans is worse if not impossible, no?

Well, technically you should be able to apply counter distortion at the cost of cropping, but not for all scenario. One must know what to do to do it properly. As for panorama, if the set consist of human movement right at the edge of two photos, you might have more problem to deal with. Most importantly, movement difference is just one of the few issues that can happen when you pan and shoot...

sorry to digress, brothers.

keke ... some people like the newbies here, go on and talk and talk ... discuss and discuss ... until the cow ... home

Just get the lense FX or DX, whichever you can afford and shoot. The more you shoot, the more you know ... the more you know, the more you can talk. If cannot afford the lense you want, then talk and talk for what?

LancerEX said:
sorry to digress, brothers.

keke ... some people like the newbies here, go on and talk and talk ... discuss and discuss ... until the cow ... home

Just get the lense FX or DX, whichever you can afford and shoot. The more you shoot, the more you know ... the more you know, the more you can talk. If cannot afford the lense you want, then talk and talk for what?

Ermmm... Since digress, I shall also digress..., I cite u another non-photography example. E.g. People cant afford an mitsu lancer evolution, so get a mitsu lancerr glx/ex and mod it up like and evo 9/evo x... And best drive like evo x and poke other rroad users.... Sigh.. I always shake head at these -wannabes- but still cannot 'be'-...

Sighz....