Why so many used D70's for sale suddenly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
many people think that having a DSLR = producing better photos.
The truth is there are alot of hidden costs involved esp. time. From my experience of using D70, there are adjustments to be made to the settings when photographs are taken. If people were to stick to AUTO for white balance all the time, the photos will turn out :thumbsd: (washed out....poorer than those you can straight from normal digital cameras) Hence some post processing is involved if no prior adjustments were made beforehand.

Wah, so cheap for a new cam that just launched not so long ago. Dunno whether any hidden reasons behind?

Cheers

quekky said:
maybe 5 years later i'll sell at this price :blah:

5 years later the D300 is LAUNCHED at this price. :bsmilie:

swimcraze said:
many people think that having a DSLR = producing better photos.
The truth is there are alot of hidden costs involved esp. time. From my experience of using D70, there are adjustments to be made to the settings when photographs are taken. If people were to stick to AUTO for white balance all the time, the photos will turn out :thumbsd: (washed out....poorer than those you can straight from normal digital cameras) Hence some post processing is involved if no prior adjustments were made beforehand.

Actually if one has done enuff reading, like the widely discussed "Auto" white balance is discourage here in CS, dpreview and other websites. No problem loh. Some would even use custom curve to improve their picture. :embrass:

What hidden cost? Time? On the contrary DSLR has given us back lots of time. It's the photographer that needs to improve on his skill, to determine, the lighting of the subject, and use the right settings. Sometime we are just too lazy, simply boh chap, just point and shoot with a DSLR, hence the inconsistent results.

To some, self post processing is exercising greater control over their picture. To others, they simply send to the lab to do for them. No sweat. :sweat: :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.