Why So Difficult To Get Maybank Credit Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange.. how on earth can you get a credit card on 1800 per month pay.... minimum wage is 30k per year which is average 2500 per month.... Are you sure they are not holding sup cards applied by their bfs, fathers but they are too shy to say and say that it's their own cards?

i guess the TS probably wanted a Maybank credit card because of some perks and privileges. esle, any other credit cards will do.

Infact I almost had all the other bank cards here until my wife ask
me do I really need all those card?
All got approved upon 1st application.
My major usage is Citi, UOB, DBS & Std and other depend on their perks and privileges..
Some card never use at all... Then cancel it when the subscription fee came.
Applied just to get the free gift etc..
And all bills always paid on time..

For Maybank, is due to some perks and privileges advise by the rep... Or else I also
not interested.
Signed up during the PC Show last month...
I did call up Maybank to ask but can't get a ans.
Well, just forget it..:sticktong

Officially, the following credit card has no annual fees:
POSB Everyday card.
ABN Amro credit card

But, as DeSwitch point out, actually any other bank credit card annual fee also can be arranged to be waived, if you do not take up any of their instalment plan. If you have any instalment plan, usually it's a bit difficult to waive.

Actually not true........i pay some of my stuff on installment plan but they waived for me lei.....from Citibank to OCBC to UOB to Standard Charted. They are always afraid you will cancel the card more than anything else.....

Infact I almost had all the other bank cards here until my wife ask
me do I really need all those card?
All got approved upon 1st application.
My major usage is Citi, UOB, DBS & Std and other depend on their perks and privileges..
Some card never use at all... Then cancel it when the subscription fee came.
Applied just to get the free gift etc..
And all bills always paid on time..

For Maybank, is due to some perks and privileges advise by the rep... Or else I also
not interested.
Signed up during the PC Show last month...
I did call up Maybank to ask but can't get a ans.
Well, just forget it..:sticktong

sir you mentioned that you have other cards.

though you may pay your other cards bills on time, but say if you 4 cards and those 4 cards at the end of the month is near the available credit, then that will certainly take a big hit on your credit worthiness and hence May bank may deem your application as a high risk and rejected your application.

If it's so difficult to get their credit card then screw it.... I'm sure another bank will want your business.
;)

And I don't pay annual fee regardless of what card I use (though my favourite is the Signature card). Because honestly I don't don't see the need to. If the bank insist that I do then just cancel the card and apply elsewhere.

That's my opinion.

Spot on......

Whenever the card is nearly expire, some silly marketing person will call me to ask me if I am interested to extend my card. Then asked them if I need to pay the annual fees. At first they say must......then they change their mind when i say "please cancel it for me NOW"

LL they need people like us who spend like crazy every month and prays that we don't pay on time....

wah... so many cards..... i applied when i started to work with $2000 GROSS salary. The bank tele: Thank you for your time and sorry for the inconvenient, bye bye.
And then I go on with cash living, no card living.

Till now, sometimes it is inconvenient when don't have card to be verified as working adult. But expenses are well controlled. Else.... the BBB viruses is just too strong ;p

there are only 2 credit cards in my wallet ; POSB Everyday Card & UOB Platinum.:heart:

i only carry 3 different credit cards at all times. as for the rest... they're somewhere in my drawer waiting to be cancelled when the subscription kicks in ;)

I carry most of the CC for convenience sake, but today had a call from Stan Chart. Credit $50 to my account, and I have to spend $100 at least to "claim" this $50. Sounds a good deal for me. Will see what are the strings attached once the card reach me.

...then that will certainly take a big hit on your credit worthiness and hence May bank may deem your application as a high risk and rejected your application.

Actually banks watch out for those on 2 side of the spectrum.
Those who pay by GIRO, and thus pay up FULL & ON TIME, every single time, are also 'bad customers' and may be rejected for application of other cards as well. Simply because no interest are earned, which CC are all about.

We believe that these info are shared between banks. Many has encountered this and posted on forum.

sir you mentioned that you have other cards.

though you may pay your other cards bills on time, but say if you 4 cards and those 4 cards at the end of the month is near the available credit, then that will certainly take a big hit on your credit worthiness and hence May bank may deem your application as a high risk and rejected your application.

I only use 1 or 2 cards at a time so I win't miss the bill payment end of the month.. rest of
the cards just sitting in my drawer waiting to be cancelled when sub end.

If cannot get the Maybank one just screw it..
If any Maybank CC sale call me to sign up the CC like other bank did, I will sure tell them off..

I carry most of the CC for convenience sake, but today had a call from Stan Chart. Credit $50 to my account, and I have to spend $100 at least to "claim" this $50. Sounds a good deal for me. Will see what are the strings attached once the card reach me.

So good.. I only got 10% rebate (cap at $100) for my spending within 2 months.

Actually banks watch out for those on 2 side of the spectrum.
Those who pay by GIRO, and thus pay up FULL & ON TIME, every single time, are also 'bad customers' and may be rejected for application of other cards as well. Simply because no interest are earned, which CC are all about.

We believe that these info are shared between banks. Many has encountered this and posted on forum.

I believe every single transaction charge, there is a certain % that the shop/retailer
got to pay..
That some electronic/camera shop like SLS don't accept CC as their price is on cash term or
unless you top up the % if using CC..

I believe every single transaction charge, there is a certain % that the shop/retailer
got to pay..
That some electronic/camera shop like SLS don't accept CC as their price is on cash term or
unless you top up the % if using CC..

CC is all abt earning interest rates from those who doesnt pay on time..thats where the $$ is..

wah. 30k a month is the minimum for platinum card with other banks. maybank so special one meh? Did you apply for a platinum?

I am currently holding on to a GROSS pay of $2700 and I have just started work . I have tried applying for credit cards , I just wanna know what are my chances of me getting my credit card ?

Status
Not open for further replies.