Why Singapore football cannot make it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes as long as they put their heart and soul into the game i believe the fans will start supporting them again.

i must say the team did really well. now whether its a one-off performance remains to be seen.

btw i noticed that toward the end of the match our players looked really worn out. may be a case of spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. but nonetheless they can feel proud of their performance.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

madmacs said:
yes as long as they put their heart and soul into the game i believe the fans will start supporting them again.

i must say the team did really well. now whether its a one-off performance remains to be seen.

btw i noticed that toward the end of the match our players looked really worn out. may be a case of spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. but nonetheless they can feel proud of their performance.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

you are right,
good performance i must say, maybe next time they play Oman at national stadium, will go down to support if time permit.....
we lose but go down fighting, that's what we fan wanna see,
btw did u guys see the anxious look on the Jap player when we equalised :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

3 cheers for team singapore :thumbsup:

We just need the dam competition. We cant improve snatching candy from each other. We need to get hammered by bigger guys. Get the humitlation of deafeat to spur the team on. Good things never come easy. Franking I have always hoped that singpore would improve. I still hope that someday singapore can really make it and like many I dam miss the bloody kallang roar and running to Msia watch the our country play.

Why cant we just pay Msia the money. I believe with the amount of money we are dumping into sleage we definatly can pay whatever they want at the the gates and I am sure we can at least cover the cost with the amount of support of fan from both countries. And with Msia cup we can get the constant exporsure and practice for the youths beter than paying for over the hill foreign exports. Give them a goal a good reason to play soccer. To win glory for their country. Bloody hell who who be inspired to win against tampines or geylang. Nobody gives a flying *&*KJH

But if the sleague and current nat team is to stay they are not traing hard enough with the pay they are getting. I feel that we should scrap the nat team and invest totally on the under 18 for 2010.

In china the sport students train everyday after shcool for 8 hours. Form the game tonight you can see that we definatly did not have the pace. The whole mid field was controlled by jap.

I think it was a creditable performance. Some of our players can play like Aide, Bennett, Indra, Agu and even the other blonde-haired idiot. Still, I don't think the players had the belief that they could win or at least draw. There was not enough running and closing down in defence and there was still the over-reliance on long balls and desparate clearances. Considering that the Japaneses players were not fully acclimatised and still could do more off the ball running shows that our players have a long way to go in terms of fitness and mental strength. The passing was at times exciting but more often that not, there was little understanding and players spent too much time on the ball waiting for others to move into space or provide support. More than a few times we lost possession because the players looked to be holding on to the ball too long while waiting for their teammates to make the run. Despite all this, we still looked threatening on the break and Indra scored another good goal to prove we are no pushovers.

kenneth76 said:
In china the sport students train everyday after shcool for 8 hours. Form the game tonight you can see that we definatly did not have the pace. The whole mid field was controlled by jap.

well no choice when their midfield has

Nakata
Inamoto
Nakamura
Ono

too strong for singapore...we need to defend well not make mistake..grab the ball from defence and pump it up to the strikers

What an interesting topic on Singapore Sports.

Well, one school of thought is that Sports is all about Community Bonding. Support Team Singapore. Patriotism is not just watching the National Day Parade. Is also about the Kallang Roar, Singaporeans coming together as one (not just during the once-a-year National Day Parade), to cheer for their team. Not just soccer but for other sports too.

It is a bonus to have a gem or two like a Fandi Ahmad and a Remy Ong. Is a mindset problem, a culture problem. Singapore is proud be a FOOD paradise / culture but definitely not a country with a sporting culture like the Australians and Europeans.

If you want to play a part to build this culture, start at the braodbase, start from PLAY. Allow your kids to kick a ball around, it doesn't matter whether is it a plastic ball or even one which is made of crushed newspapers. The important thing is, "Not Bound By Rules".

Do Singaporeans think that Sporrts is Cool? How do you define sports then? Is it competitions? Pain? Fun? Play?

Soccer = Betting ???

No betting, no sports? Sports is entertainment? Sports is for television?

No betting, no EPL, no Champ League?

Winston said:
S$4000 may seems well paid to a Vietnamese for example but the high cost of living in Singapore also means the money is very small.
$4000 minus CPF = $3200 only.

Secondly, for poor countries, playing well or excelling in a sport is a way out of poverty.

Winning a medal, brings pride for the country, but looking at the prize money for gold and silver in the SEA games and the clause that the prize money is only for up to 3 medals, meaning the 4th medal will not be liable for prize money. And that if the event is a team or relay event, the prize money is further divided and shared by the team members, making the individual's share look like a consolation prize from 4D or TOTO.

The country is not rewarding it's sports man and woman well enough.

I guess soccer is really a very "special" game. Different from other sports. When I was in the Scandinavian country 2 years back, their National Badminton PLayers (Danish badminton is strong and their population is like Singapore's) are not awarded anything except for things like travel, and the essentials. They play for Denmark to bring glory to their homeland.

Status
Not open for further replies.