Why my D70s pics. so poor??

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite different from my 350D.. With my 350D in fully auto mode, the colors seem warmer.. But frankly, I haven't taken a shot both side by side same scenary.. May need to try that out someday :) Please don't mistaken though, I'm not saying the 350D is better.. I'm just saying it's different, so will need a bit of time to readjust..

alechim said:
hmm if a canon DSLR user, then figuring out the nikon D70s shouldnt be much of a problem already mah..

Paiseh.. I meant, full Auto mode..

poh6702 said:
Hi Jeryltan,

You mentioned A mode and you mentioned Auto mode? A mode in D70 stands for Apperture priority.

Yes.. Like I said, both Cameras are good.. If not I wouldn't have gotten both ;) Just that they are a bit different in characteristics, so will have to relearn the D70s :)

eow said:
But dun u find the d70s is ultra smooth in responsiveness and ergonomic?
thought by default the canon is better in colour..the nikon with it ability to load curves is really something which other manufacturers can learnt from

:thumbsup: Tks bro..

wildstallion said:
Ok, just two things:

The camera is fine, the image is flat due to the flash you used shooting directly towards the subjects, and my second point never trust the the built in LCD for sharpness, colour, contrast or WB! It lies!!! :nono:

The A mode not broken!

I'm still waitin gfor my 18-200mm VR.. Hope it's better than the Tamron :)

jnet6 said:
maybe u can try AF-S 17-55 with D70/s... colours will come out straight from the cam. :devil:

Tks for the :thumbsup: tip.. Will try that out next time..

smile_gerard said:
For shooting indoors without an external flash, try using "m" adjust the settings if the shot isn't right. Without flash you'll probably have like apature as low as you can. Mine would go about 3.3 and shutter at 30. But you gota be pretty steady. Then if your not happy with the wb, press and hold the wb button and move the command dial. If i'm not wrong -3 is most warm and +3 is most blue. If once done and still not perfect, go into photoshop and adjust the levels. Or if you just need to brighten or darken, press Ctrl + M. This will bring up the curve editor. Its pretty simple to use. Just drag the curve to your liking. And if you mess up, just hit cancle. Shoot in raw only if you need to make drastic changes like from day to night. Hope this helps you.

yea i'm waiting for that 18-200 vr too.... 1 for all... lazy to bring all my lenses out.

:thumbsup: advice.. I'm still waiting for my 18-200mm VR.. Hope it's more towards what I expect right out of the cam ;)

jnet6 said:
BTW, :thumbsup:lens does make a part on yr photos.. so do consider to get a gd lens in future.
Hope this will help too!

Don;'tt think is AF problem.. I think I shouldn't have used fully auto.. Should've tried out some of the settings.. But because I was unfamiliar with the cam, wasn't adventurous enough.. WEll, the pics. might have turned out better, or even worse :bsmilie:

tsan81 said:
I see that your settings are f3.5, 1/60s
You might want to use f5.6 and above.
f8 should give you a sharp pic.
Use tripod if if you've got shaky hands lor.

I've got soft blur pics when I used Apeture mode at f3.5 also with KM5D.
But pics turn out sharp if I use f5.6.

It is normal that pics will be soft and blur if we shoot with apecture open wide with Flash.
Or is it AF problem due to low lighting?

Hmm.. DIdn't think of that :) Will try it out and see what happens :thumbsup:

Clown said:
turn it into black and white. sometimes the color distracts.
if it still looks bad when it's b/w, it's not the camera's fault anymore..

Thank you for your very uninteresting comment

catchlights said:
the D70s in you hand is such a waste, can pass to me and I wll use it to shoot weddings, not one or two weddings, is many many many weddings.

jeryltan said:
Tks for the tip.. Will go fool around with the pic. in PS :)

The Picture Project software that comes with the D70s is also quite good to start off with.

Oh ok.. But the CD is at my dad's place though.. Will find some time to go get it..

Hobbesyeo said:
The Picture Project software that comes with the D70s is also quite good to start off with.

nothing's wrong with your camera.
nothing's wrong with flash.
nothing's wrong with the lenses.
you don't need new lenses nor flash.

you need to go learn how to shoot.

and btw, are you sure you know what the A mode stands for? pardon my sketicism and attitude, but i still think that you think "A" means Auto when it's NOT.

Yah, I made a mistake.. I meant Auto mode..
And yes, I know I still got lots to learn about the D70s.. Like I said, I only had it for a week.. That's the reason why I posted this in the 1st place.. So I can get some advice..

Waffle said:
nothing's wrong with your camera.
nothing's wrong with flash.
nothing's wrong with the lenses.
you don't need new lenses nor flash.

you need to go learn how to shoot.

and btw, are you sure you know what the A mode stands for? pardon my sketicism and attitude, but i still think that you think "A" means Auto when it's NOT.

jeryltan said:
Yah, I made a mistake.. I meant Auto mode..
And yes, I know I still got lots to learn about the D70s.. Like I said, I only had it for a week.. That's the reason why I posted this in the 1st place.. So I can get some advice..
ah i see i see, my apologies.

but im serious about one thing though, really, go learn how to use ur camera and learn how to shoot. sometimes all that disillusion about procuring all those lenses and flash units distracts you from doing what you should be doing first. :)

Sure thing.. Tks..

Waffle said:
ah i see i see, my apologies.

but im serious about one thing though, really, go learn how to use ur camera and learn how to shoot. sometimes all that disillusion about procuring all those lenses and flash units distracts you from doing what you should be doing first. :)

Ok.. Looks like the general consensus is that there is nothing wrong with my camera, the only thing that is wrong is my skills :cool: As such, I will be closing this thread.. Thanks to all for your advice, really appreciate it :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.