Why my D70s pics. so poor??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.. Point noted :thumbsup: Tks.. So I guess there's nothing wrong with my camera.. I got worried there for a while..

jnet6 said:
For WB, everyone see in a diff way,
eg. some like warmer colour, will like to have more "orange"/"pinkish"...
how to let the camera know wat u want?
by exploring more on WB setting on the cam, u got to watch the lights n switch the WB/custom WB.
Sometimes e moment just gone when u had adjust it.
Depends on yr shooting style, see which will suit u.
adjust necessary settings(if u had shoot full manual mode, where got time to adjust WB)
all set auto, (may or maynot get the pictures that u want)
manual adjust later in PP(shoot in RAW), (will get the pictures that u want, meaning exp/WB/colours)

Don't worry,

Try more on experimenting on your camera. My first few pics looked real bad too but now got the hang of it. Maybe also can consider investing in the SB600 flash for a start.;)

Yeap.. Still trying to find a good deal for a SB600 :) Didn't know built-in vs external flash could make so much difference..

agol78 said:
Don't worry,

Try more on experimenting on your camera. My first few pics looked real bad too but now got the hang of it. Maybe also can consider investing in the SB600 flash for a start.;)

agol78 said:
Don't worry,

A SB-800 will be better.
Don't want to argue here, why a SB-600 or SB800... thks
peace for all here.

You could try out the shops stated in the prise list threads. Should be able to get a good deal from there.

jnet6 said:
A SB-800 will be better.
peace for all here.

Personally would like to get a SB800 too but budget tight for now especially got small bonus. No choice but too work with a SB600. Both just as good if you ask me:)

I'm pretty sure the SB800 :thumbsup: But I'm fond of travelling light so would prefer something compact :)

jnet6 said:
A SB-800 will be better.
peace for all here.

Tks for the tip.. But may have to wait a month or 2, still waiting for my 18-200mm VR and gonna be pretty broke after that :cry:

agol78 said:
You could try out the shops stated in the prise list threads. Should be able to get a good deal from there.

I will suggest you play around with your camera more.
Achieving correct WB is very subjective, as different pple has different preferences.

Getting a flash is more important..

jeryltan said:
I'm pretty sure the SB800 :thumbsup: But I'm fond of travelling light so would prefer something compact :)
Both flashes of the same size... But good to carry around...

Tks for the tip :thumbsup:

alechim said:
I will suggest you play around with your camera more.
Achieving correct WB is very subjective, as different pple has different preferences.

But I compare at the shop, SB600 was noticeably smaller and lighter than the SB800 leh.. Personally, I think both are great.. So let's not get into that discussion here :cool:

agol78 said:

jeryltan said:
Tks for the tip.. But may have to wait a month or 2, still waiting for my 18-200mm VR and gonna be pretty broke after that :cry:
You've ordered the 18-200mm VR already? Still slogging to save up for it:cry:

agol78 said:
sometimes u don't know when u need the "power" of the flash. then u will not regret.

jeryltan said:
YES!! What settings did you adjust??

I used a software called microsoft picture it. Similar to Photoshop. All i did was do an auto enhance, sharpen the picture a little bit, saturated the picture a little bit and adjusted with a slight tint of red. this will create an overall warmer picture.

pardon my amateur PS techniques. maybe the masters here can give you a lil more tips. =)

jnet6 said:
sometimes u don't know when u need the "power" of the flash. then u will not regret.
Very very true... Got caught once not having the flash and the rest is a world of difference. Never left home without it since then:)

That's why no money to buy flash already lor :cry: Have to wait until next payday..

agol78 said:
You've ordered the 18-200mm VR already? Still slogging to save up for it:cry:

Tks for the tip.. Will go fool around with the pic. in PS :)

Chris Lim said:
I used a software called microsoft picture it. Similar to Photoshop. All i did was do an auto enhance, sharpen the picture a little bit, saturated the picture a little bit and adjusted with a slight tint of red. this will create an overall warmer picture.

pardon my amateur PS techniques. maybe the masters here can give you a lil more tips. =)

Give me your camera, I use for you :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.