Why my D70 exif info doesn't show ISO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

enivre

Nov 7, 2002
www.ervinelin.com
Hi guys,

Does your D70's exif info show ISO? Coz mine doesn't... why ah? My friend's D70 also same thing...

Thanks!
Ervine

how or what sw do you use to see the ISO?

use the free picture project to see the ISO setting..
or pay for the Nikon view ;)

i tried to see it using windows explorer the last time, properties on the pic, it will not show..

Hm.. even photoshop won't show it.. does this happen for other digital cams?

if you wanna see the ISO, you can try using the Opanda Iexif.....
i downloaded this software from another thread which provided a link that a helpful CSer posted....

if you are interested in the link, i can try digging out the thread for you....

RT9 said:

i tried to see it using windows explorer the last time, properties on the pic, it will not show..

As far as I remember, Nikon View is free. And yes, Nikon View will show the ISO setting.

RT9 said:

Oops.. i meant Nikon Capture :embrass:

hm... no other way to make PS "see" the ISO? Coz I usually just work in PS...

If I recall correctly, the ISO exif is mis-position. If you use the normal software like PS, it will not be able to locate it. To overcome this, use Nikon Transfer (can be found in NV) to bring your pictures into the PC instead of copy&paste from Explorer. In this way, the IPTC info is completely copied over and you can see the ISO reading in any software. Hope this helps

I think there is a setting in the camera menu to show simple or detailed photo information. Maybe you have to switch to 'detailed' to show ISO. My D70 shows the ISO setting on the second screen when I preview my pictures. :)

oh... hm... so no way except using nikon transfer huh? But that means I need to connect the camera to the com? Can I use nikon transfer but use my CF card reader instead? Thanks.

enivre said:
oh... hm... so no way except using nikon transfer huh? But that means I need to connect the camera to the com? Can I use nikon transfer but use my CF card reader instead? Thanks.
alternatively, u can view ur images on ur PC using Nikon Viewer... by doing so, u can see all the EXIF data (even which lens u used will also be shown)

Jer said:
If I recall correctly, the ISO exif is mis-position.

Ya, the ISO value is stored in a proprietary Nikon manufacturer tag in the exif instead of the standard place.

enivre said:

Yes...you can use a card reader to tx

i transfer from card to pocket harddisk to laptop and the exif also dun show ISO, but i knew the ISO as i usually only shot at ISO200. :)

Would be great if anyone can help to resolve this though as it's quite useful

I use to face that ISO problem when using Neat Image. The ISO is misplaced therefore Neat Image not able to determine the ISO thus not able to use a proper profile.

There is this program called ISOfix.exe currently at version 1.2 .. it will fix ISO by copying the ISO from the misplaced location to the proper location ...

A small file but since it is build using Dot Net. You need to download Dot Net Redistributable from Microsoft which is 40+ MB ...

Anthony.

Can you explain a little bit more as I tried downloading ver3.95 & I still can see the ISO. When I rechecked on Nikon Capture the ISO is there.

I downloaded the plugins & it works now, brilliant!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up.

Yes thanks. Initially I thought the plugins were already in the new version (I was using ver 3.9 prior to this) but when I rechecked the site I d/loaded the whole zip file to be on the safe side. No problems now.

Status
Not open for further replies.