Why is the world not at peace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal opinion is that humans are quintessentially self-destructive. Let's leave out religion since it seems to be a very, very superficial cause of the "un-peace" now.

We're not only, warring amongst ourselves. We're destroying the earth, our very own habitat that keeps us alive. We cause extinction in other species for our own selfish purposes.

In short, the Sentinel in The Matrix made a very relevant point. "Human's are a virus". We spread and spread, have not much care for our external environment and we use up the environment around us like it is there forever.

Some people will refuse to believe we are the worst of the animalia family. Our brain/mind is a double-edged sword. It brought us innovation and progress but it will also be and it is our downfall.

I guarantee there will be more people who disagree with me then the total number of alphabets in this post. Peace is a facade. Bonafide peace will never be attainable or sustainable.

To quote the exact words of Agent Smith.

"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I've realised that you are not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment. But you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague. And we are... the cure."

If the Earth dies, you die. If you die, the Earth survives.

quotes from the day the earth stood still

Peace? When has it ever happened?

It's human. As long as this world has human beings, this world will never have peace (at least during our lifetime).

Greed, jealousy, anger, lust... you name it, we all have it! :devil:

Why is the world not at peace?

:bsmilie::sweatsm: even CS not at peace, how do you expect the World to have?

Man's destructive behavior can be seen across the board from
day to day activities in the office among colleagues, meetings among sub-leaders
in the boardroom to the serious discussion on the prospect of equipping the country
in a better position for the possibility of an out break of war.

Human beings have been so caught up with the selfish trend of being at the
forefront of wealth, power and greed so much so they couldn't care a dam
of the well being of others except themselves.

So to speak most of them have lost their soul and without soul how can they
connect with others? Naturally they opt to destroy.

Does the world needs the experience and the education of the awareness of soul?
When every human beings have soul, will they opt to destroy selfishly?

:think:

Actually, there is some truth to this at least according to a science article. Humans are innately programmed and evolved to fight other competitors to gain an advantage to survive..:think:

we fought off bigger predators in the past to get to the top. to reprogramme the mind to think differently may just finish us off. but of course, this very thirst for survival in modern day manifests itself in very negative ways. more so with the advancement in technology that is so destructive & lethal (weapons of war). :devil:

I would just summarise it in these words... greed, power crazy, money, selflish.. etc any more to add?

To quote the exact words of Agent Smith.

"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I've realised that you are not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment. But you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague. And we are... the cure."

wow u memorise it?

World Unity so to say or is it just a wishful dream for humankind?
Do we need a world theology to guide us toward unity so that we live in harmony, prosperity and happiness?
Since the world is always not at peace, is there something man can do to live more peacefully and happily? :think:
Just Think...:heart:

Simple ans: If men can manage their greed and lust and selfishness and focus all energy on ensuring they give their best effort and stop comparing...life will be peaceful

You want peace? Here you go...

NuclearBomb.jpg

If everyone can take care of their OWN FAMILY......... then there will be world peace. The problem:

KAYPOH!!

Invade other country, comment on other country..... influence other country's policies.... other minding their own country!!!

try telling that to middle east and africa...where there are years of hatred between the races there...
to me, god has left africa long time ago...

there is a law,

ying, yang
+, -
*, /
day, night
winter, summer
rich, poor
pretty, urgly

there is always an opposite to everything

so

good, bad
god, devil
peace, war

You want peace? Here you go...

NuclearBomb.jpg

Can man made bombs be more devastating than natural
hazard?

From record known devices of mass destruction:
1. Atomic Bomb
2. Nuclear Bomb
3. Hydrogen Bomb (thousands of times more powerful than an atomic bomb.)

On August 6, 1945, the US dropped the first atomic bomb in warfare on Hiroshima, Japan, killing 140,000 people.
On August 9, 1945, again the United States dropped a second atomic bomb, on Nagasaki. Even though the drop is one mile off target it kills 75,000 people.

It was said that the world cannot take the risk of having nuclear power plants because there is no effective treatment technology available after a nuclear meltdown. Fortunately man has not used the hydrogen bomb yet in any warfare.

The largest quake occurred west of the Indonesian island of Sumatra, killed more than 275,000 people in 2005. Currently the world are more well prepared for another tsunami outbreak.

I feel that all man made weapons used for warfare in the aim of destroying one another is toy play to the Ultimate Reality.

Who knows there will be another more powerful tsunami or quake measuring more than 9.5 on the Richter scale coming any time wiping off humankind by the millions.

One man's mind/idea killed 6 million people.

"Black Death" took 200 million lives.

Who knows? 'Deep Impact' might happen someday. I hope I don't live to see it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.