Why is Pentax mounted lens more ex than other cam brands?

Have anyone try to buy lens from this websites ?

Yeah. I've done so. But shipment was to an address in the US.
A well known and reputable store.

Do note that you need to cater in shipping and GST.

Thanks for all the replies, appreciated them. Actually is it worth to buy from Hongkong or in Singapore? Is it cheaper over there?

If you buy from Hong Kong, it can be cheaper but you scarifice Singapore local warranty (3 yrs) vs international warranty (only 1 yr). IMHO, it may be worth it if the price diff is very great, like maybe the Tamron 70-200mm 2.8 HK$5,500 vs locally $1.4K. Or locally there is no stock...

You can check out the prices at price.com.hk website.

For Tamron 17-50 f2.8, the prices across all mounts are the same according to price.com.hk but is it worth it to buy from Hong Kong you decide ;)

For more info on buying stuff in Hong Kong, there is sticky thread under Consumer Corner, you can check out.

Hope this helps. Have fun.

Have anyone try to buy lens from this websites ?

Ya, I did twice before.

Always have to pay for shipping but if you buy many items, it is worth.

B&H won't charge you GST but DHL / Fedex will ask you to pay for that when you take your package in Singapore...

Ya, I did twice before.

Always have to pay for shipping but if you buy many items, it is worth.

B&H won't charge you GST but DHL / Fedex will ask you to pay for that when you take your package in Singapore...

But if lens plus DHL / Fedex and the cost is in USD , is almost the same price shops in Singapore ... right ?

Tamron 17-50mm w/o VC is only 620 nia. All the same mah with all mount.

The ones with VC is Expensive, mainly for N,C and the rest that doesnt have built in shake reduction in their body.

But if lens plus DHL / Fedex and the cost is in USD , is almost the same price shops in Singapore ... right ?

May not be. If the usd price is much cheaper, you can potentially save some money even after paying shipping and gst.

Ultimately, you must do your own maths and decide if the savings justifies the waiting time and effort.

I set my threshold at ard SGD$50. less than that, I don't bother if I can get it from one of the trusted local retailers. Must support local economy mah ;)

May not be. If the usd price is much cheaper, you can potentially save some money even after paying shipping and gst.

Ultimately, you must do your own maths and decide if the savings justifies the waiting time and effort.

I set my threshold at ard SGD$50. less than that, I don't bother if I can get it from one of the trusted local retailers. Must support local economy mah ;)

$50sgd only? Your threshold is really low lah. For me at least 30% save (for this case it's about $200sgd), otherwise I won't risk the warranty for that kind of saving :)

$50sgd only? Your threshold is really low lah. For me at least 30% save (for this case it's about $200sgd), otherwise I won't risk the warranty for that kind of saving :)

I'm assuming that there's international warranty of course :p

agree with you if the trade off is warranty, must factor in a higher amount or its not worth it. Will end up :mad2:

I'm assuming that there's international warranty of course :p

agree with you if the trade off is warranty, must factor in a higher amount or its not worth it. Will end up :mad2:

Maybe you can share with us how you manage to save atleast 30% ...

Well said FW.

$50 is not worth the effort.
1. shorter or no warranty
2. Can't try out the item 1st
3. If it screws up (end up in the twilight zone; damaged; ). You will have to communicate with the seller and send it back. Thats a lot of stress/frustration/waste of $$.
4. It somehow seller is non-contactable; then :hung:
If will also set you back on the $50 you managed to save over XXX items (depend on the cost of the non-refundable item) :(
5. Even if local distributor honors the warranty, you will need to waste leave and travel time/money to get there and settle it.

I'd really think at least $150 to $200 delta in price before I get overseas.