Why Doctor ask you to cough when doing medical checkup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nikonsiao said:
Hi Guys,
Ever wondered why Doctor ask you to cough hard while his hand is down south holding your family assets? What's the Link between coughing and testicles?

Any doctors around? :bsmilie:

if i remeber it right, this test is to know if your balls are in the right proportion. in our country, this test is carried out to know if you have injuries on the testicles brought about by carrying very heavy load, playing sports (e.g. basketball) without "supporter" and the likes. as this may caused infertility. yes, i know its a bit awkward and this test usually goes with the visual inspection of the annus :sweat:

NS...i think the doctor was molesting u... heehee... none of my friends n i had the doc's hand on us during that medical test... its our own hands... hee

Have you heard of the one about a lady physiotherapist whose T-off when wide off mark and hit a man golfer? The man golfer was crouch over with his hands between his legs reeling in pain. This lady physiotherapist quickly ran over, unzipped the man's pants and proceed to massage his member to ease the pain. After awhile, she asked if it still hurts. The man said YES!, my thumb is still hurting! ;)

nikonsiao said:
Hi Guys,
Ever wondered why Doctor ask you to cough hard while his hand is down south holding your family assets? What's the Link between coughing and testicles?

Any doctors around? :bsmilie:

eh...i do recall coughing but i dun recall the doctor touching me down south...

student said:
Ok, Ok. I will be serious.

1 When someone make a comment like this, the first thing is to clarify exactly what really happened. Much misintepretation can occur in such, er, stressful situatuions. It may not have been as described. It may appear that way. But not really.

2 The purpose of the cough is to increase intra-abdominal pressure. Sometimes during examination of the lungs, the "patient" may be asked to cough to clear some secretions before listening to the lungs again. In this case, the purpose is to increase the intra-abdominal pressure. And the reason is to check for inguinal hernias. In inguinal hernias, the small intestines fall into the scrotal pouch through a weakened lower abdominal wall. This may or may not be apparemt to the "patient". Strictly speaking, the doctor should not be holding to your, er, assets. He should be holding to the top of the scrotal sac and see if there is an impulse caused by the protuding herniated intestines when one coughs.

I hope this clears the issues about doctors and patients' assets.

Wow... so deep.. r u a doctor or doctor to be???

Pinoy_SAP said:
if i remeber it right, this test is to know if your balls are in the right proportion. in our country, this test is carried out to know if you have injuries on the testicles brought about by carrying very heavy load, playing sports (e.g. basketball) without "supporter" and the likes. as this may caused infertility. yes, i know its a bit awkward and this test usually goes with the visual inspection of the annus :sweat:

In this case, the assets will be properly er, "examined", in any way for a "thorough" assessment. There is no need for the cough!

well if its a lady doctor that's holding my asset, I don't have a problem. period. :)

so did u limped home after the examination like how alfie did after his? (Alfie the movie) :bsmilie:

so far, i have not a read decent and believeable answer. maybe, someone with the necessary medical knowledge can help fill the void. i am curious too.

reachme2003 said:
so far, i have not a read decent and believeable answer. maybe, someone with the necessary medical knowledge can help fill the void. i am curious too.

Why do you think my post/answer in #37 is not "decent and believeable"?

student said:
Ok, Ok. I will be serious.

1 When someone make a comment like this, the first thing is to clarify exactly what really happened. Much misintepretation can occur in such, er, stressful situatuions. It may not have been as described. It may appear that way. But not really.

2 The purpose of the cough is to increase intra-abdominal pressure. Sometimes during examination of the lungs, the "patient" may be asked to cough to clear some secretions before listening to the lungs again. In this case, the purpose is to increase the intra-abdominal pressure. And the reason is to check for inguinal hernias. In inguinal hernias, the small intestines fall into the scrotal pouch through a weakened lower abdominal wall. This may or may not be apparemt to the "patient". Strictly speaking, the doctor should not be holding to your, er, assets. He should be holding to the top of the scrotal sac and see if there is an impulse caused by the protuding herniated intestines when one coughs.

I hope this clears the issues about doctors and patients' assets.

Thanks Doc, there's a lot of medical terms i need to check out here.... :sweat:

since we all got the answer, i think i better close the thread before Balls start to roll....lol :bsmilie:

Thanks for yr time guys......cheers. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.