Why can't we wear shorts to the office?

It seem as if nations endorsed by the UN have no qualms about committing misandry,so long as the women are happy.I've seen women,mainly the younger ones,turn up at work in tank tops or t shirts and short casual skirt or miniskirt,some even with slippers,and act like nothing is out of place,and nobody tells them otherwise either.Whereas I see all men in long sleeved shirts,long pants and shoes;not a single man in shorts or t shirt or slippers.Even amongst the older staff,i've seen the women in sandals or slippers,but not one single man in slippers,all are wearing shoes.I dont know how the men can stand being the ones who are more strictly enforced upon,despite after it being the men themselves who gave up 2.5 years of their prime in hard service to the nation.It seems among private firms,the inequality is more stark than in government companies.

I have links to some blog articles in support of allowing men to wear appropriate shorts to the office,but this forum doesnt allow me to post links

Yeah.

Pose this question to AWARE for their "equality" opinions

Yeah.

Pose this question to AWARE for their "equality" opinions
somehow,i doubt aware would even lift a finger if the cause championed isnt for their immediate glorification or benefit.I have observed them and found that they cannot be trusted to be equal.and believe me,i have tried emailing them,but none of my emails were ever replied.Seems that they only care for opinions of their own members.It is the men themselves,ie us,who must be the ones to speak up for ourselves,especially those of us in positions that could make a difference.
I have even seen one or two girl staffs on certain fridays in shorts,not even miniskirts,but not a single boy staff in shorts or berms.That is already a singularly distinct and irrefutable inexcusable inequality.At least with miniskirts,they can still claim that it's "different" from shorts,neglecting the fact that men cant wear women clothes while women can do the vice versa.If men continue to keep quiet,we wont just see one or two girls occasionally in shorts;we'd see nearly all of them do so in future,while us boys will still be stuck in longs all year round.It's high time our opinions be heard.If there is any platform where we can voice this,i'd like to hear of it.

somehow,i doubt aware would even lift a finger if the cause championed isnt for their immediate glorification or benefit.I have observed them and found that they cannot be trusted to be equal.and believe me,i have tried emailing them,but none of my emails were ever replied.Seems that they only care for opinions of their own members.It is the men themselves,ie us,who must be the ones to speak up for ourselves,especially those of us in positions that could make a difference.
I have even seen one or two girl staffs on certain fridays in shorts,not even miniskirts,but not a single boy staff in shorts or berms.That is already a singularly distinct and irrefutable inexcusable inequality.At least with miniskirts,they can still claim that it's "different" from shorts,neglecting the fact that men cant wear women clothes while women can do the vice versa.If men continue to keep quiet,we wont just see one or two girls occasionally in shorts;we'd see nearly all of them do so in future,while us boys will still be stuck in longs all year round.It's high time our opinions be heard.If there is any platform where we can voice this,i'd like to hear of it.

you can wear shorts and skirts to the office as well, just go have a sex change and appropriate for yourself all the 'rights' you have been so jealously seeking.

you can wear shorts and skirts to the office as well, just go have a sex change and appropriate for yourself all the 'rights' you have been so jealously seeking.
This is just the kind of sexist attitute we should seek to condemn.What makes u women think u have more rights to shorts than us?You dont see us demanding the rights to wear your clothes do u?Back then when women hypothetically didnt have as much rights as men they took to the streets to protest,even turn violent,all for the sake of starting feminism.And one of the causes they championed was for the rights to wear pants instead of dresses.Why dont u all change your sex to male so u get those rights,instead of launching women movement and all that?Did feminism not begin because women were jealous of men's rights,and still are apparently,by the way aware and feminists all around the world are behaving?Which really causes women groups to behave counter to the equality which they keep on preaching.Thats enough said,if u insist on behaving like a jerk.

OK,i guess im able to paste a few links here,to some articles in support of this cause
www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2014/...xist_double_standards_one_5_inch_hemline.html
http://voices.yahoo.com/taking-back-masculinity-9367753.html
www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fashion/e...r-shorts-to-work/story-fnet01u7-1226801100490
www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/fashion/who-wears-short-shorts-well-wear-short-shorts-20140521-zrjcz.html

Last edited:
This is just the kind of sexist attitute we should seek to condemn.What makes u women think u have more rights to shorts than us?You dont see us demanding the rights to wear your clothes do u?Back then when women hypothetically didnt have as much rights as men they took to the streets to protest,even turn violent,all for the sake of starting feminism.And one of the causes they championed was for the rights to wear pants instead of dresses.Why dont u all change your sex to male so u get those rights,instead of launching women movement and all that?Did feminism not begin because women were jealous of men's rights,and still are apparently,by the way aware and feminists all around the world are behaving?Which really causes women groups to behave counter to the equality which they keep on preaching.Thats enough said,if u insist on behaving like a jerk.

OK,i guess im able to paste a few links here,to some articles in support of this cause
www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2014/...xist_double_standards_one_5_inch_hemline.html
http://voices.yahoo.com/taking-back-masculinity-9367753.html
www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fashion/e...r-shorts-to-work/story-fnet01u7-1226801100490
www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/fashion/who-wears-short-shorts-well-wear-short-shorts-20140521-zrjcz.html

amazing.
come I clap for you.

you have a small mindset if scarcity
one person have means another person deprived?
if you ever did read the Aware anti ns recognition thread you will discover I'm against their similar small minded thinking.

you've made jumping to conclusions an Olympic sport

amazing.
come I clap for you.

you have a small mindset if scarcity
one person have means another person deprived?
if you ever did read the Aware anti ns recognition thread you will discover I'm against their similar small minded thinking.

you've made jumping to conclusions an Olympic sport
Oh ya,like u dont mean to undermine the rights of the men when u say we must change our sex to have equal rights as u women?And labelling my call for equality as jealousy?I never once advocated that the gain of one's rights means the loss of another's,it was u who implied that.Good for u to be against aware's small minded thinking,but why must u turn small minded when speaking of equality of dresscode?My call is for equality in standard and allowance,i dont know what is so scarce or small mind in that.
If it were that easy to make it to an olympic sport,then everyone's an athlete i guess.

Oh ya,like u dont mean to undermine the rights of the men when u say we must change our sex to have equal rights as u women?And labelling my call for equality as jealousy?I never once advocated that the gain of one's rights means the loss of another's,it was u who implied that.Good for u to be against aware's small minded thinking,but why must u turn small minded when speaking of equality of dresscode?My call is for equality in standard and allowance,i dont know what is so scarce or small mind in that.
If it were that easy to make it to an olympic sport,then everyone's an athlete i guess.

now I'm confused
do you want your own rights for men
or want women's rights?

or do you just want to wear shorts. I read your posts and it's all complaining about women's dress code (not productive ) instead of advocating how you can improve men's rights (productive )

wise man tell me whiners makes ears hurt
doers gets results

now I'm confused
do you want your own rights for men
or want women's rights?

or do you just want to wear shorts. I read your posts and it's all complaining about women's dress code (not productive ) instead of advocating how you can improve men's rights (productive )

wise man tell me whiners makes ears hurt
doers gets results
well if whiners dont ever get paid attention to,by your definition,there wouldnt be an aware or mass worldwide feminism movement everywhere,and we may not have women wearing short skirts and tank tops at work,in part due to campaigns against slut shaming and victim blaming now would we?
I'm just a regular guy,not some big boss,political figure,lawyer or journalist.If there were anything more i could do towards pinning for this equality i would.Right now i can only try my best to describe the situation to the masses and write down my projected consequences if things continue the way they are.This is what im doing.You can dont be so small minded about the actions people contribute and end up mislabelling them as whining,can anot?You didnt exactly absorb all the "wisdom" those "wise men" imparted u,thats what im guessing.As u can see my question,i ask if theres any other platform where i can make my opinions heard more so,and get others to add in theirs.
Some people just find fault cos they do.Are u one of them?

My bottomline has always been about equal rights.If women needed to abide by equally strict standards,i could not be so shameless as to complain about the standards that men have to abide by.But if otherwise,i believe im fair to say ive a case to bring up,dont i?Saying something,no matter how insignificantg it may seem initially,is still better than doing absolutely nothing,is it now?

Last edited:
well if whiners dont ever get paid attention to,by your definition,there wouldnt be an aware or mass worldwide feminism movement everywhere,and we may not have women wearing short skirts and tank tops at work,in part due to campaigns against slut shaming and victim blaming now would we?
I'm just a regular guy,not some big boss,political figure,lawyer or journalist.If there were anything more i could do towards pinning for this equality i would.Right now i can only try my best to describe the situation to the masses and write down my projected consequences if things continue the way they are.This is what im doing.You can dont be so small minded about the actions people contribute and end up mislabelling them as whining,can anot?You didnt exactly absorb all the "wisdom" those "wise men" imparted u,thats what im guessing.As u can see my question,i ask if theres any other platform where i can make my opinions heard more so,and get others to add in theirs.
Some people just find fault cos they do.Are u one of them?

My bottomline has always been about equal rights.If women needed to abide by equally strict standards,i could not be so shameless as to complain about the standards that men have to abide by.But if otherwise,i believe im fair to say ive a case to bring up,dont i?Saying something,no matter how insignificantg it may seem initially,is still better than doing absolutely nothing,is it now?

I'll leave the gentlemen here to discuss your views.

I'll leave the gentlemen here to discuss your views.
He might have Views, but I don't see any good reason to comment on them.
The topic is addressed from the wrong end in wrong volume. There is little need to make it a general or fundamental discussion. What is needed here more common sense and a cool headed attitude. Both is difficult to keep for men when facing short skirts. As we have seen here...

He might have Views, but I don't see any good reason to comment on them.
The topic is addressed from the wrong end in wrong volume. There is little need to make it a general or fundamental discussion. What is needed here more common sense and a cool headed attitude. Both is difficult to keep for men when facing short skirts. As we have seen here...
well,i do hope someone with a better take on this can present it in a more effective manner.all i wish to add is my observations,to affirm with those who notice the same trend as i have.

Yo, this is Kopitiam!

Lighten up, go and have some liang teh to cool down.

stock-photo-16965764-chinese-herbal-tea.jpg

well,i do hope someone with a better take on this can present it in a more effective manner.all i wish to add is my observations,to affirm with those who notice the same trend as i have.
1) Your links refer to Australia. In case you didn't notice: this forum is from Singapore and therefore, certain topics are not visible / applicable here based on a heap of reasons (which I hope I don't need to explain further)
2) You missed the somewhat ironic tone of all the postings you have linked.
3) There is little need to turn a fashion trend into some general discussion about equal rights or discussion of office attire. Fashion comes and goes. Sometimes it stirs up emotions to a high level (google about the history of bikini or mini skirt). In case of the shorts: please have a look at sports pictures of the 80s, especially soccer. You will see the same shorts that you now ask for.
4) Ask your boss / HR what is suitable and accepted as office attire. They pay your salary (*hint*). If you can't stand this dependency then it's best to become your own boss (that's your free right that nobody denies you). Then you might see the direct and unfiltered impact on your wallet whether your shorts are accepted by your clients or not.
5) I have personally seen the side effects on men when women come to office in short skirts and other dresses that clearly belong to the evening hours. It definitely does not serve any good purpose.
6) It is possible to wear shorter and more relaxed pants in office, depending on the nature of your job and the general policies in your company. I had this in Germany and it was perfectly fine. But it was none of those types you have linked in your posting.

Last edited:
Wrong photo. Shark fin soup can induce heatiness intead of cooling you down. :bsmilie:
And once you come along with one or two of your favorite aunties no herbal soup will help to keep the crowd cool :bsmilie: