Who started modemming with 1200/2400bps before WWW?

Who started modemming with 1200/2400bps before WWW

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Software used was Qmodem and ProComm. I used Desqview to multitask between downloading and uploading :bigeyes:

Yah, recall using all 3 software before.
Heard Hayes that used to build great modems has gone bust.

This thread brings back great memories! Made quite a number of friends during the era of BBS :) Still remember coming back from school, switching on the PC and the autoexec would straight away load TELIX, some hotkeys later, was logged into either Cynosure or SIA BBS. Started with a 2400, then to a 19200 and finally a USR 28800 (this was like after 2 yrs).

Anybody used Cynosure around here?

I used Teleview! Admittedly I was still a kid then, so wasn't chatting, just playin'.

BBS was a great way to spread the "love" around, if you know what I mean. :bsmilie:

At least you got to play games on Teleview..
My dad made me do those stupid assignment things on Teleview... SmartCAP anyone?

On the bright side, I got to play Raptor, Wolfenstein etc. at my own leisure.. Learnt enough dos commands to make my own boot diskettes etc to play games.

Anyone still got the arcade games from Tiato? I missed the Akonoid (where u use the ball the hit the bricks).
Also Bubble Bobbler...

Akonoid is a nice brick ball game. I also like 7-in-one 5¼" diskette consists of buck roger, digger, pac man, etc

i was from the teleview times, i think i was 14 yr old

no jpg files then.
mostly gif and tif files. Super big and takes long time to download. And has to view with a special picture file viewer.....

hahaha and back then, GIF is associated with "dirty" files :bsmilie:

I remember every BBS using remoteaccess would ask you to press esc twice to log in. What was the reason for that?
i think is coz the loader program will pick up the call, then u press esc or enter to load up the bbs software. thought the later versions no need to press esc

Hi all,

Not so much as an OT, but it is so easy to take things for granted.....

OK, an old man speaking you say.
Maybe so (I remember working on valve B&W tv sets :bsmilie: ).

What brings me to mention this is,
I just helped one of Coral's (my best friend) daughters setup Skype with Video and Audio whilst on the phone.

The 2 of them (mother and daughter ... seperated by a few hundred of miles) were in awe to be able to see and speak to each other.

It was a 10 minute conversation over the phone to Corals daughter .... nothing special ...

The end result was priceless .... so much enjoyment and sharing of love for each other....

Yet all it took was 10 minutes to set up.

Life is so much easier for some yet rocket science to others.

What am I actually saying here..... Nothing really.

I don't think the universe should be up to speed ... or miss the boat.

Maybe that we should recognize that there are people out there that could benefit from our understandings.

Sorry for the OT..... this has happened 15min ago and has me thinking about it all.

Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.