who here r students?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up photography in JC1, and for 5 years until uni second year, I was on a EOS 500 with a 28-200mm lens. These days using a 20D+a couple of Ls... add together also around 12K already. But paid off part of the purchases through part-time photo assignments.

wildstallion said:
whats that?
u havnt been listening to the radio much eh? its this loan scheme offered by singpost and some bank. u can apply for it at any postoffice

roti_prata said:
u havnt been listening to the radio much eh? its this loan scheme offered by singpost and some bank. u can apply for it at any postoffice

haha, no dont listen to radio so much, prefer my own taste in music!!! :)

shall have to check out the singpost thing, Interest Free by any chance :bsmilie:

Prismatic said:
I picked up photography in JC1, and for 5 years until uni second year, I was on a EOS 500 with a 28-200mm lens. These days using a 20D+a couple of Ls... add together also around 12K already. But paid off part of the purchases through part-time photo assignments.
a couple of Ls...16-35 24-70 70-200IS izzit?:bsmilie:

wildstallion said:
haha, no dont listen to radio so much, prefer my own taste in music!!! :)

shall have to check out the singpost thing, Interest Free by any chance :bsmilie:

seriously doubt so. interest likely to be comparable to credit card interest rates (ie >20% pa)

wildstallion said:
whilst on the subject of students money and equipment, is their anyway for example of paying for 70-200VR lens in instalments so easy on wallet, spread out over time? ;p :thumbsup:

dun do that. buy what you can afford now. :)

roti_prata said:
or u can rent from rebbot right?:bsmilie:

well if you want to~ :sticktong but seriously buy what you can afford. do not rack up your bills by paying monthly installments. just an advise but its up to ya. ;)

roti_prata said:
or u can rent from rebbot right?:bsmilie:

can, funily enough, i need to rent the 70-200 for begining of feb for a concert event, cant remember which date at the moment though (shall pm u the details), and sorry about the D2X the shoot was cancelled and i was really busy and forgot to reply, so sorry.

roti_prata said:
started in 2000 with nikon fm3a

Fm3a was only introduced in 2001... :sweat:

wildstallion said:
can, funily enough, i need to rent the 70-200 for begining of feb for a concert event, cant remember which date at the moment though (shall pm u the details), and sorry about the D2X the shoot was cancelled and i was really busy and forgot to reply, so sorry.

No worries about the D2X rental as its a first confirm first served policy. :) The 70-200VR and the 80-400VR woll probably not be available till March I would say. Its now on a overseas trip. :) Do PM me when you confirm your date though.

Cheers!

15, MAris stella
spent arnd 3k++..
D50, 50mm 1.8m,digicab ard 100L,casio exilim...
started at 13 plus:)

Hougang Sec
$1550++
350d + other stuff...Going to get more soon

grandma rewarded my efforts during PSLE with a Konica PnS. it was a simple gift but it kicked started my curiousity. what does "rear sync-flash, long shutter speed exposure" in the manual means? i've also always wondered about the camera (think it was an Argus) in my uncle's cabinet.

bought my first proper camera with my savings after my O Levels. it was a Pentax SLR from john 3:16.

now looking back ... i should have started out with Nikon SLRs right from the beginning! :bsmilie: joke

Swatch said:
Hougang Sec
$1550++
350d + other stuff...Going to get more soon
does ur [other stuff] even include a lens?? $1550 is barely enough for the body alone

roti_prata said:
does ur [other stuff] even include a lens?? $1550 is barely enough for the body alone

bought from oracle...lens i using kit lens,must practise more to see what i like to shoot mah...

Status
Not open for further replies.