Who are the teachers here ... hands up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent my LDS on my first ever laptop... lolx.. not a single cent left... :bsmilie:

i use mine to subsidise my purchase of a 70-200 f4 IS :) all used up also.. waiting for 2008.. keke..

sleepy sia..

2dae everyone siao on.. 1st time i see no one on mc. hahaa.. :bsmilie:

Just got a new assignment ... started the day with no form class and now may be taking over a graduating class! Woo hoo! How can a teacher don't have a form class? :bsmilie:

I bought a pair of rock climbing shoes, an MP3 player and yesterday just filed for claim on a book about photography.
Haha. Boring ehz?
Next year... I dunno how to use... maybe fund my 18-200mm Sigma OS. =)

I'm planning to use it to sign up for another 2 guitar courses ... :bsmilie:

4% increment ... :)

correction...
up to 4%..

i got shot down by a teacher fren for saying 4%..
u've got to be performing at A to get that 4%

it's like.. i quote "saving sg from SARS or something to that extend"
:sweatsm:

if u are going in for the money alone... trust me. even if they increase the pay by another 40%, those who go in for just the money will quickly realise the money won't even begin to make the crap teachers have to face everyday seem worth it...
My dear friend.... Dun say until liddat.

Mine's worse off and people are having all the wrong impressions. :bsmilie: But u know lah, say and say, in the end..... I give up liaoz. Threw my hands up and turned into a cynic oredi. :bsmilie:

correction...
up to 4%..

i got shot down by a teacher fren for saying 4%..
u've got to be performing at A to get that 4%

it's like.. i quote "saving sg from SARS or something to that extend"
:sweatsm:
A Grade performer.... You'll probably need to have your own supervisor, HOD, principal file a recommendation report for this kind of crazy grade. :bsmilie:

hmm...to get 3%, takes you may have to juggle very hard in order to strike that work-life balance...

This pay-rise package thingy is always so misleading, the whole world thinks that teachers are earning big bucks but it's just MOE's way of making the teachers work harder! Now that our increment and bonus is linked to our PB, everyone will 'wayang' even more to get good ranking. :( Obviously, those in the mgt's good books will smile their way to the bank...

Btw, I've been a teacher (in a sec sch) for 7 years too and sick of the whole hypocritic PB system. Am waiting for the day when they'll introduce peer-to-peer evaluation or even bottom-up evaluation of our HODs, VPs and Ps!

Obviously, those in the mgt's good books will smile their way to the bank...

oh yes.. i think every sch will hv ,, wayang kings/queens. :thumbsd:

oh yes.. i think every sch will hv ,, wayang kings/queens. :thumbsd:

if not call what school ! hahaa...

top top atas atas management is monkey what..... monkey wayang.. all also need to wayang one la...

which school doesnt wayang ? i want to go there. :bsmilie:

Bottom up evaluation, I tell u, HOD & VP maybe can die-die squeeze a B grade out. Ps are a goner with C or D grades. ;p :bsmilie:

... just wanna know whether we have attracted more teachers or some of us have joined the teaching service ...
As someone else in the thread has mentioned, don't join teaching for the sake of the money.

Teaching is a calling...join if you have the underlying belief that you want to impart to and invest in children/youths, because that's the only thing that will keep you sane in the midst of the workload and kids that never seem to run out of ideas to make you angry. :sweat:

Then again, if you're not angered by the kids one way or another, that means you don't care in the first place...haha...then that will be a gone case for a teacher liao...

I am a teacher in Australia, have been teaching High School Science at my present position for 7 years. Reading this thread shows that everything is same where ever you go. I have PR in Singapore.
In three years time I will be due for long service leave and will take it as 6 months at half pay and then 6 months leave without pay. In that year, my wife and I will be moving to Singapore, her children are planning to have children. After that return to Oz, work for 2 years, then retire to Singapore.

i'm a contract teacher, waiting to enter NIE

Status
Not open for further replies.