Which lens u prefer for low light/ indoor event/ night street/ dinner gathering?

Which Lens u prefer for low light / indoor event / night street / dinner gathering?

Results are only viewable after voting.

try to increase shutter speed? if its too dark due to high shutter speed den increase ISO? (correct me if im wrong)

Thanks Bro,

I will try that.

Or ... get a cane ready to stop my son from running around.

My son keeps running about ...

I have to run together with him.

All the picture taken are blurr or out of focus ...

Maybe it's my skill la.

But i find that the kit lens do better job.

get a longer lens. that way you can stay back further and just follow him with the camera. for most of the time, unless you're trying for an artistic shot, you don't want to be moving much while making pics.

google said:
Thanks Bro,

I will try that.

Or ... get a cane ready to stop my son from running around.

Lol! If ur kid likes to run ard, try going for panning motion blur shots. I did that last weekend at my friend's child full month party on other kids.

Lol! If ur kid likes to run ard, try going for panning motion blur shots. I did that last weekend at my friend's child full month party on other kids.

My son purposely one!

He knows i taking photo so he zip zap zip zap ....

I have a feeling he is the next 'Flash Gordon' in the making ...

i have a 35mm f1.8. low light and night street are gd enough for me. and it is light in weight.
but because it is a prime lens, at 35mm sometime i have distance restriction for dinning gathering and indoor event.
if i bring extra lens out, i will change to another lens and change back to 35mm again. this is a problem that you have to consider before buying 35mm.

i have a 35mm f1.8. low light and night street are gd enough for me. and it is light in weight.
but because it is a prime lens, at 35mm sometime i have distance restriction for dinning gathering and indoor event.
if i bring extra lens out, i will change to another lens and change back to 35mm again. this is a problem that you have to consider before buying 35mm.

35mm is okay.
Set the camera in Timer and bring a long bamboo stick.

35mm is okay.
Set the camera in Timer and bring a long bamboo stick.

Lol. you will look funny carrying the bamboo stick around.

Bro, when i bought my D7K, it comes with the kit lens ...
What will you say about that?

It's a decent lens. Are you having trouble with the lens?

50mm f1.4G ... it can even focus in no-light condition!

I would say, the 17-50 + flash or the Sigma 24/1.8

For Low light / indoor event/ Night Street / dinner gathering which lens u prefer?

i understand these lenses have different purposes... but which 1 u prefer?

1.Tamron 17-50 non-VC 2.8 >>>> Versatile, sharp, fast, affordable.... CON: widest 2.8 (sometimes u may need wider for night street)

2 .Sigma 30mm 1.4 >>>> Sharp even at 1.4, fast, a little more expensive than T17-50... CON: Fix FL

3. Nikon 35mm 1.8 >>>> Sharp, Great color, most affordable amoung 3 lens, light, ... CON: Fix FL / Average - Poor Bokeh

thx u for participating

35mm f/1.8

I prefer to have the Nikkor 18-200 f1.0 VRIII for shooting in low light/indoor event/night street/dinner gathering.
hmm.... it doesn't exist yet.
Next choice probably, Tamron 17-50 f2.8 VC. VC does help quite a bit in low light.

coolthought said:
I prefer to have the Nikkor 18-200 f1.0 VRIII for shooting in low light/indoor event/night street/dinner gathering.
hmm.... it doesn't exist yet.
Next choice probably, Tamron 17-50 f2.8 VC. VC does help quite a bit in low light.

Wow.....!!!
Then the lens (18-200 f1.0) would weight abt 4-6kg....
Hahahahaha....

google said:
My son purposely one!

He knows i taking photo so he zip zap zip zap ....

I have a feeling he is the next 'Flash Gordon' in the making ...

I'm in similar situation. My daughter runs towards me whenever camera is raised.

For ur kit lens, keep it. It's gd for use when u go outings! I bought body only n kinda regret not getting the lens. The 100+ reach is sweet when u r watching performances.

SkimMilk said:
I'm in similar situation. My daughter runs towards me whenever camera is raised.

For ur kit lens, keep it. It's gd for use when u go outings! I bought body only n kinda regret not getting the lens. The 100+ reach is sweet when u r watching performances.

Agreed. The 18-105 is only ard $200 more when bundled with the body and its seriously a very sharp lens.

Its good to keep it sleeping in the dry cab and use it when you need the 105mm or use as spare when required.

In fact, i tested it against the new 50/1.8G few days back, both same settings, 50mm, f5.6 and it appears that the 18-105 is as sharp as the 50/1.8G and it actually fares same if not better at the edges.

This is some hell of a good kit lens imo.

Agreed. The 18-105 is only ard $200 more when bundled with the body and its seriously a very sharp lens.

Its good to keep it sleeping in the dry cab and use it when you need the 105mm or use as spare when required.

In fact, i tested it against the new 50/1.8G few days back, both same settings, 50mm, f5.6 and it appears that the 18-105 is as sharp as the 50/1.8G and it actually fares same if not better at the edges.

This is some hell of a good kit lens imo.

yup i think 18-105 is a good lens also, i would use it if i need the 18mm (as i got no 17-55 or 17-50 yet) haha its good during the day at night mostly i will use 50mm or 35mm haha

Nikkor 50mm f1.4G ... Very capable lens for low lights.

I would prefer a Tamron 17-50 VC. Additional flash would be good.