Which Canon DSLR to buy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me i don't like cropped cams, even though you can get more tele. Full frames can get a wider view and don't have to calculate focal length. Example a 200mm lens gives u exactly 200mm.

calculation is easy to do. only takes a few seconds. the converted values for lenses i have already memorised. for my wide angle needs, the super cheap ef-s 18-55 does the job nicely. hehehehe ;)

user111 said:
calculation is easy to do. only takes a few seconds. the converted values for lenses i have already memorised. for my wide angle needs, the super cheap ef-s 18-55 does the job nicely. hehehehe ;)

hehe gd for u then...i couldn't be bothered to do any calculations cos what i use is what i get :)

So wats the solutions to this ?

350 D or D70 ?

Not to mention the price .. the specs are quite closed ..

heard that D70 LCD have some issues and firmware needed to flash..

:dunno:

matthewgjs said:

350 D or D70 ?

If you asked me, i'll say the 350D.

matthewgjs said:

350 D or D70 ?

D70 does not have any LCD issues. The latest model is D70s. You should test both before you decide. You'll like D70s straight away if you handle one. But if you have decided on Canon, get 350D. :)

Lenovo said:
D70 does not have any LCD issues. The latest model is D70s. You should test both before you decide. You'll like D70s straight away if you handle one. But if you have decided on Canon, get 350D. :)

ok ... thats fair enough..

Wat abt Canon 20D VS Canon 30D ? which one to acquire ?

matthewgjs said:
ok ... thats fair enough..

Wat abt Canon 20D VS Canon 30D ? which one to acquire ?

30D has several improvements over the 20D which is very gd and convenient. I suppose 30D should cost around $2K+ while 20D is set to drop. If you do not really need all the new improvements and the larger screen (same LCD as 5D) then buy the 20D.

I guess full-frames r for those film-era persons such as user of EOS 5 like me to really appreciate it... like back 2 the good old times..hehee..

still waiting for full-frame dslr prices to drop.. :confused:

user111 said:
not everybody requires fullframe.

fullframe brings back dreaded memories of the old film days when your 200mm cannot reach as far as 320mm, and your 400mm cannot reach as far as 640mm

cwongwh said:
I guess full-frames r for those film-era persons such as user of EOS 5 like me to really appreciate it... like back 2 the good old times..hehee..

I've the same concept as u. I'm still using film and film has never disappointed me. In future i may switch to digital once i've earned enough but will choose full frame DSLRs instead. Currently targetting the 5D.

HO ho ho oh i bought Canon 350 D alridi :)

So happy plus some accessiories

cwongwh said:

It will drop.....

But in 10 years time or so.

5D dropping mah..wat 10 years.. :confused:

agape01 said:
It will drop.....

But in 10 years time or so.

you'll probably go for 20D, IF you've tried both.... (350)

but for now.. go 30D.. :)

Bought a few items.. 350D plus B+W UV and polarizing lens .. 42L cabi dry .. 430 speedlite ...a hood... battery grip.... 72-300mm lens ... a bag for camera...

any other good lens to recommend ? third party cheap and good type ?:dunno:

If you are interested in Macro, go for Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro. U need to buy tripod!

mpenza said:
why need tripod? I usually use it handheld :)

I agree....the 100mm macro dun need tripod, same for the 180mm one, unless you are using the MP-E 65mm...tripod is a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.