Which budget Wide Angle Lens for my Nikon D600 ?

When I speak of "better" I'm referring to value for money, in other words, "bang for my buck" .

One very wise man told me: "if you buy a thing that seldom/ don't use, even it costs you $1 is also consider expensive".

So long you can utilise it fully, how much it cost is no longer an issue.

Whether is this lens you are about to buy is really a "bang for you buck"? Only you have the answer.

When I speak of "better" I'm referring to value for money, in other words, "bang for my buck" .
I would suggest you shift your budget from lens towards getting around in London. Chances are very good that hardly anybody will admire your lens but many will admire where you have been in / around London $1k can get you quite far.
If you plan to bring your lenses then 18-35 sounds quite reasonable to me.

Hahaha... I like your replies. It's true - given the variables, have limited choices. Unless increase budget :bsmilie:

Or rent....

Hi C-Snappers,

I've been shooting with a D600 paired with either a 50mm 1.8d or 70-200 2.8. I will be visiting London in a couple of months and I am looking for a wide angle lens on a budget. Any recommendations for my second primary lens?

I have a budget of +/- 1k

FF UWAs are not cheap.

I'm just going to throw out a suggestion here for you to switch to APS-C cameras. Not sure if your lenses will work but you will have a world of UWAs that are affordable and well within your budget in that case. I never quite understood why students wanted to use FF cameras given budget constraints unless they shoot a lot of events and/or portraiture.

Frankly, APS-C is bang for buck compared to FF IMHO, if that's what you're looking for. :)

FF UWAs are not cheap.

I'm just going to throw out a suggestion here for you to switch to APS-C cameras. Not sure if your lenses will work but you will have a world of UWAs that are affordable and well within your budget in that case. I never quite understood why students wanted to use FF cameras given budget constraints unless they shoot a lot of events and/or portraiture.

Frankly, APS-C is bang for buck compared to FF IMHO, if that's what you're looking for. :)

Because everyone have mah.....

Oh... noooo.... I am using phone to shoot photos nowadays... lagi no standard :(

Simi call trinity lens... my lens is a carl zeiss leh...

I would suggest you shift your budget from lens towards getting around in London. Chances are very good that hardly anybody will admire your lens but many will admire where you have been in / around London $1k can get you quite far.
If you plan to bring your lenses then 18-35 sounds quite reasonable to me.

+1 for the nikon 18-35.

If budget were an issue... I dontknow why in the very first place..TS or people would go FF..
oh well..nvm.. But yea like many have mention..with 1k budget...FF lenses..u really have very limited choices. Abit more if you dont mind second hand.
Else. Rent. 1k can do it.

If budget is an issue, I will just make do with what ever equipment and just enjoy the trip. For wide angle shoot, either move the feet so that everything I want is in the frame or take a few shots and stitch later. Guess many here has gone on holiday using just one body and a prime lens.

thread re-titled

please give viewers half a clue at least of your querry before they decide to dive into your thread thanks

read that you can use the tokina 11-16 on ff as long as you use the 16mm end, but do correct me if am wrong you wont be fully utilising to ff. Can consider the 28mm f1.8?

read that you can use the tokina 11-16 on ff as long as you use the 16mm end, but do correct me if am wrong you wont be fully utilising to ff. Can consider the 28mm f1.8?
28mm is by no means a UWA. Anyone who uses the 18 end on a crop body can vouch for that.

Iirc you can switch to DX mode and use a DX lens on a FF Nikon body.

Dear Ts, my point of view so no offend.
1) 1k +/- budget is a bit low.
2)since you have a budget, did you ask yourself how often will you be using this wide angle lens?
3)how often will you be travelling?
4)how much are you into landscape photography?
As for me myself, if I have lot of spare money I will buy an wide angle len even I will not be using it as often as other lens cause of the "wanted to own it"but unfortunately I don't, so I will go for tamron f2.8 VC USD (which I already did due to budget too) Well... I still use that to shoot some landscape photos when I travel and I quite happy with it but of cause can't compare to those wide angle lens that are meant for landscape.
At the end of the day it you yourself, budget and expectation.

TS you mean WA or UWA.
for the latter, maybe a Samyang 14mm
for the former maybe the f2.8 28mm or 35mm EF primes or a tamron 28-75