where to get Pentax K5 iis?

My heart go to the bns forumers:cry:

With this kind of pricing , little wonder people thought that TK was going bust .............. haha

TK Foto normally does that, so that they don't end up with dead stock. They were selling Q and GRDIV cheap .

TK Foto normally does that, so that they don't end up with dead stock. They were selling Q and GRDIV cheap .

Most of the place no have K30 already.

I sure hope this sort of super prices attract more new Pentaxians.
The K30 price is SUPER! for such a capable camera.

That does mean I'm stuck with mine though......

These prices are just way too cheap ... And I agree, it's gonna hurt those who want to sell their cameras to upgrade.

K-01 body also dropped to a bottom low in bns, like 250 sgd for several cases.

luckily, after about 1 year, it drops only 40 sgd from what I bought at 290sgd last Dec promotion.

not much use to sell it for funding new cameras.

Last edited:
Same here, not that I am complaining

Not really complaining too.
I sold my K5 and got the K30 as a lighter replacement and got no regrets.

I don't like to be uptight over what some like to term 'loss of investment'
The photos and memories I took with the camera IS the high returns.
I only worry about my dry cab space. :D

TS, u can get it from me :bsmilie:

Not really complaining too.
I sold my K5 and got the K30 as a lighter replacement and got no regrets.

I don't like to be uptight over what some like to term 'loss of investment'
The photos and memories I took with the camera IS the high returns.
I only worry about my dry cab space. :D

With my recent purchase of the GXR, I will see what type of photos it is good for. I manged to get a buyer who will wait for the camera to return from Europe from a friend who borrowed it.

Aiyo... in this age and time, gone are the days where electronics are valued...
Technology moving on so fast and getting dirt cheap...
Don't get too caught up with getting the latest technology and then griping about it later..
For those who insist, then play smart by outsmarting and "punishing" them instead by withholding purchases and stay one product generation back to minimize "loss of investment"..

But what JK says is correct, the photos gained are returns of the "investments".. :D

Should I take it as a sign that k5iis is going off the shelf soon? Need bro advice

Honestly? Yes... But "soon" is subjective.. I think it'll be by late January or early February since K3 will be on our shores by Nov?

Should I take it as a sign that k5iis is going off the shelf soon? Need bro advice

Hi, my point was trying to say that TK Foto had been very wise in clearing stocks n as late users of cameras, we benefit and that the shop is still alive today.

I think k5IIs would not go off local shelf so soon, it is still better than K50, n it is some how sitting nicely between K50 n K3. K30 is definitely going out, as K50 replaces it. K3 did not replace K5IIs at all in all specs, K3 is a different camera. So if I was Ricoh imaging , I would keep 3 priced level for DSLR , affordable, serious users , highest price range- so that Pentax users has a path to upgrade and stay as users of Pentax. I think if there is no K3, K5IIs users would be going somewhere else soon. That is why if FF comes, it would be different level also . Only thing I do sensed in my gut is FF from Ricoh Imaging would be mirrorless . Look at Sony, Nikon announcements and rumor recently, my bet is GXR2 will be FF! DSLR FF would be after mirrorless GXR2.

Hi, my point was trying to say that TK Foto had been very wise in clearing stocks n as late users of cameras, we benefit and that the shop is still alive today.

I think k5IIs would not go off local shelf so soon, it is still better than K50, n it is some how sitting nicely between K50 n K3. K30 is definitely going out, as K50 replaces it. K3 did not replace K5IIs at all in all specs, K3 is a different camera. So if I was Ricoh imaging , I would keep 3 priced level for DSLR , affordable, serious users , highest price range- so that Pentax users has a path to upgrade and stay as users of Pentax. I think if there is no K3, K5IIs users would be going somewhere else soon. That is why if FF comes, it would be different level also . Only thing I do sensed in my gut is FF from Ricoh Imaging would be mirrorless . Look at Sony, Nikon announcements and rumor recently, my bet is GXR2 will be FF! DSLR FF would be after mirrorless GXR2.

Hehe... Trust me, it'll be:

1) K50/K500 (entry level, depends want WR or not)

2) K3 (pro level currently but will be shifted to mid level next year due to the following..)

3) FF (in the works, and will be deemed as the pro level)

4) 645Dii - "upsized" from K30 specs (as was 645D from K7)

Ricoh FF would definitely be mirror less.
But Pentax lineage cannot be.. A DSLR is a DSLR, and a mirror less is a mirror less..
Cannot be the same la bro. ;)

Just get the best of what you can afford now and think of the memories captured as your investment and returns.. :D

Edit: Then again, talking of FF, I just have a hunch they might take a leaf from the K-01.
Think about it.. ;)

Last edited:
Hehe... Trust me, it'll be: 1) K50/K500 (entry level, depends want WR or not) 2) K3 (pro level currently but will be shifted to mid level next year due to the following..) 3) FF (in the works, and will be deemed as the pro level) 4) 645Dii - "upsized" from K30 specs (as was 645D from K7) Ricoh FF would definitely be mirror less. But Pentax lineage cannot be.. A DSLR is a DSLR, and a mirror less is a mirror less.. Cannot be the same la bro. ;) Just get the best of what you can afford now and think of the memories captured as your investment and returns.. :D Edit: Then again, talking of FF, I just have a hunch they might take a leaf from the K-01. Think about it.. ;)

Haha! It's just my gut feeling, coupled with what u see in te market. There can be a FF DSLR, but what's the use of reinventing the wheel , ie why fight with competition at what they are very good at ? FF Nikon, Canon? FF mirrorless, Nikon and Canon are way behind! Sony seems like lost or lack something in their RX1 or RX10 or RX 100 series for FF mirrorless. GXR2 , wow!

K01 , I don't think there is any sprouting leaves to pick from, it was a disaster in my opinion.

the price is 'made' good to curb grey imports.
A16 reall ysi a good deal, always good as second backup. APSC as well with no filter.

K01 , I don't think there is any sprouting leaves to pick from, it was a disaster in my opinion.

Everyone has different taste, K01 might not be a disaster. Something no appeal to you , might capture lots of interest at the other end.
K01 is well received that they are making special edition for Japan market even after the product is officially discontinued.

Last edited:
i dun think k5iis will be taken off shelf..end of production maybe..even abt 2 months ago...i still see SLR revo has some new K5 in stock (i.e. old stock which has not been sold)..it will be off the shelf if all existing stocks are sold..

Haha! It's just my gut feeling, coupled with what u see in te market. There can be a FF DSLR, but what's the use of reinventing the wheel , ie why fight with competition at what they are very good at ? FF Nikon, Canon? FF mirrorless, Nikon and Canon are way behind! Sony seems like lost or lack something in their RX1 or RX10 or RX 100 series for FF mirrorless. GXR2 , wow!

I guess they try to take out all the leaves to make it cheaper but still good enough for its battery and image quality.