Where to buy LX3

Status
Not open for further replies.
should have waited alittle longer for the thread...
680 is a good deal! got it from mscolor exactly a wk ago... at 699 without tripod~! =(

Aiya... if you really want to buy... Buy lah.... no point waiting as the price would surely drop more..... :)

hmm guys, can refresh me on what to look out for 2nd hand cameras? i.e. things that are not covered by warranty. i only know physical damage/abuse cannot be sent in for repair - what else??

hmm guys, can refresh me on what to look out for 2nd hand cameras? i.e. things that are not covered by warranty. i only know physical damage/abuse cannot be sent in for repair - what else??

If water or sand get into the camera, it is also not cover not by the warranty.... :think:

okay.. i'm getting this 1.5months old set @ 610, comes with 4gb card only, good deal?

tripod i don't need (cos i have liao), screen protector is included, only case and battery don't have. ( the guy say original batt very good, last damn long, like a week )

and i bought it!! very happy with the camera. gonna update the firmware when i'm done with charging. any other SOPs to do with this baby? :D

anyway, what audio codec do they use for the video recording? i tried to check in media player classic but there was no info. it sounded very muffled ( like somebody trying to cover up the mic ), is that normal? and just to confirm, i can't set the audio quality independently right? i've read through the manual already.

Last edited:
anyway, what audio codec do they use for the video recording? i tried to check in media player classic but there was no info. it sounded very muffled ( like somebody trying to cover up the mic ), is that normal? and just to confirm, i can't set the audio quality independently right? i've read through the manual already.

Panasonic is using Quicktime as their codec, you can use "Quicktime Alternative" codec for Media Player Classic... :)

i have all the codecs ar. lol. dun get me wrong, the video is playable in media player, just that there's no information on the audio codec used for the video.. like wav/mp3 then how many hz and so on..

i have all the codecs ar. lol. dun get me wrong, the video is playable in media player, just that there's no information on the audio codec used for the video.. like wav/mp3 then how many hz and so on..

Have you tried using Quicktime to open the video file?

nope, never install cos' i think it's bloatware. hmm think nvm ba.

edit : sorry OT liao, change to user discussion thread instead :D

Last edited:
Anybody bought from MScolor without filling up warranty details?

Saycheez said: yesterday..i was at harbourfront and checked out this electronic shop (located near ferry check-in)...was quoted $679 for LX3 (there's still stock) and comes with a 4-GB card and casing. they seem pretty negotiable...'cos we were also asking for the price of TZ15 and they were willing to match the lowest quote that we've got - which is $515 (comes with 2x4GB SD card, casing & tripod).

excellent guys to deal with (Budget Electronics - ground floor right near the entrance from immigration - I often buy stuff there as a I travel through from Indonesia a lot.

Excellent pricing - they will mostly meet any price you will find in town, and can pretty well have anything there within a day or so.

I've bought laptops, lenses, and accessories there, over the last two years - very happy with them. (... and I will buy my LX3 there too:vhappy:)

I've bought laptops, lenses, and accessories there, over the last two years - very happy with them. (... and I will buy my LX3 there too:vhappy:)

Curious.. do let us know their LX3 pricing & bundle when you purchase from them... Thanks... :)

Saycheez said: yesterday..i was at harbourfront and checked out this electronic shop (located near ferry check-in)...was quoted $679 for LX3 (there's still stock) and comes with a 4-GB card and casing. they seem pretty negotiable...'cos we were also asking for the price of TZ15 and they were willing to match the lowest quote that we've got - which is $515 (comes with 2x4GB SD card, casing & tripod).

excellent guys to deal with (Budget Electronics - ground floor right near the entrance from immigration - I often buy stuff there as a I travel through from Indonesia a lot.

Excellent pricing - they will mostly meet any price you will find in town, and can pretty well have anything there within a day or so.

any news how much they selling lx3 and wat is the bundle?

Hi all

A quick feedback.

Checked with AP SLS, their price $680 (incl GST) still stands with :

- 3rd party batt
- Camera case
- 4GB Card
- Screen protector
- Tripod

Looks like no change from a few wks ago ... you guys may want to try bargaining and get a higher capacity 8GB card instead? ;)

Hi all

A quick feedback.

Checked with AP SLS, their price $680 (incl GST) still stands with :

- 3rd party batt
- Camera case
- 4GB Card
- Screen protector
- Tripod

Looks like no change from a few wks ago ... you guys may want to try bargaining and get a higher capacity 8GB card instead? ;)

The camera case AP SLS is giving is it the leather case DMW-CLX3?

AP SLS, their price $680 (incl GST) still stands with :

- 3rd party batt
- Camera case
- 4GB Card
- Screen protector
- Tripod

M S Color, their price $699 (incl GST) still stands with :

- 3rd party batt
- Camera case
- 4GB Card x 2
- Screen protector

anymore other info abt LX3? so that i can decide where to buy

Got mine LX3 from AP last week
regreted that i didn't bother to look for Bryan.
got a uncle to serve me
bought the camera at 700

my package is only
- 3rd party batt
- Camera case
- 4GB Card x1
- Screen protector Which he didnt stick properly :(

Status
Not open for further replies.