Where do u usually get ur photography gear from?

Where do u usually get ur photography gear from?

Results are only viewable after voting.

I will not go TK @ Funan again! Stuck-up staff there!:angry: Talk about being in the service industry! It was utter shame! Anyways, i was there to get a lens and tripod!

Ask them to recommend camera bag, one the staff there (Old guy) cant even bother tho he was free! (Not attending to anyone) BUT when an Ang Mo customer came in, he was like smiling and greeting him like he was GOD! 'How can i help you sir'

Ended up in John 3:16! Service was awesome! Very technically sound bunch of folks! :thumbsup::)

No harm intended, just sharing my experience!

Hey peeps, I just wanna check, is SLR-R the one in Funan?

Any trusted shop that I can manage to get a better price.:)

CP stuff really expensive..

Just went to CP marina to get a lens last night.. Spoke to the salesperson on the phone before heading down to look for him... well... service is good.. i was checking and testing the 1st lens then i told him that i found dust inside the lens.. then he checked it himself and immediately took out another lens for me to try.. no questions ask.. no grumbling even though i'm buying just a cheap lens.. :thumbsup:

Just went to CP marina to get a lens last night.. Spoke to the salesperson on the phone before heading down to look for him... well... service is good.. i was checking and testing the 1st lens then i told him that i found dust inside the lens.. then he checked it himself and immediately took out another lens for me to try.. no questions ask.. no grumbling even though i'm buying just a cheap lens.. :thumbsup:

Their service is Good... price is not so competitive though...

Their service is Good... price is not so competitive though...

True.. But for me if the difference is not too great i would rather pay abit more to be a happy customer than to save that bit and be an unhappy one.. Haha

True.. But for me if the difference is not too great i would rather pay abit more to be a happy customer than to save that bit and be an unhappy one.. Haha

It depend on buyer.... some people are willing to pay at CP... and there are reasons too....

If buy installment, CP could be comparable with other shop......

One thing is not all shop have a second lens for you to test out... and only have a single lens... and you cannot compare.... I think CP do have lens for you to try it out....

Hey peeps, I just wanna check, is SLR-R the one in Funan?

It's weird that no one is answering my question... :think: but anyway, I wld think it is this same shop that we are toking abt here. I just want to share my recent experience when I was at the shop wanting to buy the GSS Screen Protector for my cam.

One of the salesman whom I asked for the cost told me the screen protector cost $20 inc. of pasting. When we were walking over to the counter for him to get the screen protector, another salesman in his 40s told this salesman in Chinese to charge me at $25!

I was of cos appalled and unhappy. I spoke in Chinese and told them it is not the way to do business! And Im a SINGAPOREAN!!! :nono:

It's weird that no one is answering my question... :think: but anyway, I wld think it is this same shop that we are toking abt here. I just want to share my recent experience when I was at the shop wanting to buy the GSS Screen Protector for my cam.

One of the salesman whom I asked for the cost told me the screen protector cost $20 inc. of pasting. When we were walking over to the counter for him to get the screen protector, another salesman in his 40s told this salesman in Chinese to charge me at $25!

I was of cos appalled and unhappy. I spoke in Chinese and told them it is not the way to do business! And Im a SINGAPOREAN!!! :nono:

I think it is SLR Revolution... never been there before, but doubt I will patronize them with such feedback......

I think it is SLR Revolution... never been there before, but doubt I will patronize them with such feedback......

I was at Funan earlier this evening, and it's confirm - SLR Revolution. Anyway, it was my own experience, just sharing with those who may plan to buy stuff from them in the near future.

My 2cts worth of advise - to do a market research before jumping the gun. I do know that many places are selling the GSS Screen Protector at $16. However, being in the location, I was willing to pay the extra and the first salesman whom i enquired from seems an absolute nice guy....so....:think:

I was scouting around City Hall area for D700 pricing. After 2 days, I found that TK has the lowest and most consistant price, at 3050 inc GST + 8G Sandisk CF card.

I heard so much about MS color and thought I'll emailed them and was quoted $3250.

Last edited:
I got my body and kit lens from TK price is good... service so-so
My other accessories like Digi-cabi and bag is with Orient photo in simlim.... very nice discount...

Alan Photo-Sim Lim for body
SLR Revo-Funan for flash and Lens:cool:

Hi, For Sony, I go to Mscolor or Cathay
For Sandisk cards, I go to Peninsular shop
For newly-released products, Alan/HV

I will not go TK @ Funan again! Stuck-up staff there!:angry: Talk about being in the service industry! It was utter shame! Anyways, i was there to get a lens and tripod!

Ask them to recommend camera bag, one the staff there (Old guy) cant even bother tho he was free! (Not attending to anyone) BUT when an Ang Mo customer came in, he was like smiling and greeting him like he was GOD! 'How can i help you sir'

Ended up in John 3:16! Service was awesome! Very technically sound bunch of folks! :thumbsup::)

No harm intended, just sharing my experience!

i concur. TK Foto staff seriously got issues.

Can check with u guys if Alan Photo in SimLim and Funan same company? Do they give same price?

i concur. TK Foto staff seriously got issues.

Depends on who you meet actually. I went today and was served by an older gentleman, he showed me the tripods i ask about and even tested them to show me. When the one i want is not in stock, he immediately called up the supplier and replied me within 2 mins, so, i wouldn't strike TK off.

I usually go to a camera shop that sells camera to buy my gears.