What's yr earphone brand and model?

Wad's yr earphones/headphones brand?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sennheiser HD 595 when I m listening to my Sony X1060..
Creative Aurvana Live! when I m using a Creative Zen X-Fi..

The HD 595 is a open design so more suitable when I m listening in a quiet environment..
The lush and slightly bassy character of the HD 595 happened to match very well with the sony which sounded a bit lean. Tried almost a dozen of cans with the sony at jaben b4 deciding on this one, I tot they sounded very cohesive and fluid when match together..
My initial target is actually the gorgeous looking Audio technica ATH W-1000, it sounded more detailed and clean but unfortunately a bit too lean matching with the sony
On the other hand, the smaller Audio technica ESW-9 is a tad too bassy and muddy when I tested it with my sony..

BTW I am still looking for a noise-cancelling headphones that can match well with the sony. Need one for mrt rides.. any recommendations from fellow forumers here?
:)

Got a Sony EX700 .... loving it ....

Alway remember , DO NOT BUY based on spec and review only ...

Hear it for yourself and match your budget ....

Find a song or music you are very very familiar with and then play it with different earphone and try to "notice" the different details .... training your ears to remember audio details ...

That's the best way to buy or invest in a earphone ...

Mine so lowly compared to weststone etc.

Mine so lowly compared to weststone etc.

How can you say that? As mentioned by the previous poster, don't buy based on brands or reviews, you have to audition it personally. I just don't like the sound signature of the Westone UM2 and UM3x so I sold both of them and now I am using a custom UE 11pro which I will give 5 thumps up where others may not like. It is very subjective.

Wow so many Westone and Shure users! Back in 05 when I first got mine, no one knew what are they. Westones are quite rugged, mine when thru lots of abuse and they survived.

I had TWO pairs of westone UM2 died within a year....

maybe because I seldom use them...

Since we sometimes discuss buying lenses from HK... Does anyone know if iem's are cheaper to buy from Hongkong?

Specifically... ultimate ears. Am eyeing the ue tf10pro's. Though old... but I found a good lobang for them. Now trying to compare price.

Unfortunately my shure's cable has 'died-ed' on me. Need to find a replacement.

Since we sometimes discuss buying lenses from HK... Does anyone know if iem's are cheaper to buy from Hongkong?

Specifically... ultimate ears. Am eyeing the ue tf10pro's. Though old... but I found a good lobang for them. Now trying to compare price.

Unfortunately my shure's cable has 'died-ed' on me. Need to find a replacement.

I STRONGLY discourage you to get the TripleFi 10 pro. I own a pair, and it has failed me twice in 1 year. The 3.5mm stereo jack has low built quality and after a few months of usage the internal cables tend to snap, rendering one side of the IEM muted. Worst of all, UE's RMA process takes a loooooooong time! Every time I send my 10pro for RMA I had to wait for 2 months. Geez! And guess what? recently the stock cables broke again. I did not send it in for RMA; I bought a new pair of stock cables from Stereo@Woodlands and replace them on my own.

I used to own a pair of Shure e4c... never had problems with it for 2 years. My UEs... PITA.:thumbsd:

I STRONGLY discourage you to get the TripleFi 10 pro. I own a pair, and it has failed me twice in 1 year. The 3.5mm stereo jack has low built quality and after a few months of usage the internal cables tend to snap, rendering one side of the IEM muted. Worst of all, UE's RMA process takes a loooooooong time! Every time I send my 10pro for RMA I had to wait for 2 months. Geez! And guess what? recently the stock cables broke again. I did not send it in for RMA; I bought a new pair of stock cables from Stereo@Woodlands and replace them on my own.

I used to own a pair of Shure e4c... never had problems with it for 2 years. My UEs... PITA.:thumbsd:

Agreed, the stock cable isn't that lasting. Try the Westone ES-2 cable, :thumbsup: on the TF10pro.

Sennheiser PMX 80 Sport II, good fit for when I go running.

koss porta pro - desktop
hippo - outdoor
Sennheiser OMX 680i - sports

Super Fi 5. Wire busted in less than year:thumbsd:

Desktop - Grade Labs SR60

Portable - Sennheiser CX300II

Bought a Sennheiser earphone, after few months, one side cannot hear :sweat: Cable broke :sweatsm:

Seinheisser CX400 $180 for noise cancelling. Pretty decent sound quality and very durable.

Plantronics Backbeat 906 $154 for bluetooth wireless. Pity this is not noise cancelling but the convenience of wireless is great. Abit fragile.

UE superfi 5. loving it.