What to do if my D70 has fungus? ):

Since bro fatigue got the spare parts, ask him to quote/fix for you lah. The wait may be long cos he is a helpful busy bee, but from all the other threads, quality and service 1st class.

Yeah he is a busy man. :( Hope he can help me with it soon. :D

Why is there a need to do IR conversion? How to do? I read thru the link, but I think the assembling back of the parts will most probably leave me scratching my head

The procedure will you guide how to change the filter. I didn't mean converting your camera to IR.

The procedure will you guide how to change the filter. I didn't mean converting your camera to IR.

Can you help me with the changing? Give me a quote please. I don't want to take the risk. Better to let the professionals do. :D

Csboi said:
Hahaha later waste my phone bills then become more lugi.

How much did you pay for it? Did the seller mention problems such as the faulty lens and fungus?

How much did you pay for it? Did the seller mention problems such as the faulty lens and fungus?

Hmm $480 inclusive of one SB-600. Sold the speedlight for $220. He mentioned about the lens. But the fungus he never say. :(

Err... Means u got the d70 + 18-70 for $260... hehe quite okay la I think....
If you fix it at Camera Hospital for $180, total would be $440, still a fair price for the d70 kit I believe :)

Hmm $480 inclusive of one SB-600. Sold the speedlight for $220. He mentioned about the lens. But the fungus he never say. :(

Err... Means u got the d70 + 18-70 for $260... hehe quite okay la I think....
If you fix it at Camera Hospital for $180, total would be $440, still a fair price for the d70 kit I believe :)

Cleaning and changing of the filter cost $180 leh. Hope fatigue can quote me cheaper. Wonder got student price a not :p

I think I will get a 18-55mm then the 18-70mm throw away. :p

Cleaning and changing of the filter cost $180 leh. Hope fatigue can quote me cheaper. Wonder got student price a not :p

Student or not student, the camera and the fungus is the same. ;P

fatigue is already charging way under market and is a great guy. Please do not take advantage of his nice and obliging personality.

Student or not student, the camera and the fungus is the same. ;P

fatigue is already charging way under market and is a great guy. Please do not take advantage of his nice and obliging personality.

Haha I know. I am just waiting for him to give me a quote. I can see he is a busy guy. Like a bit paisei to disturb him :(

Means fixing the BODY itself is $180?? The lens? Cannot be salvaged??

Hmm yeah. The lens the guy asked me to trade in for a 18-55mm VR for $200. He say if repair the lens not cheap.

Oh okay...
But I think one good thing is at least you didn't pay a lot in the first place for the d70.
If changing the fliter + changing will let u enjoy the d70 for a longer time, then I guess it's worth, and yea the lens if beyond repair, then get another one :)

Hmm yeah. The lens the guy asked me to trade in for a 18-55mm VR for $200. He say if repair the lens not cheap.

Oh okay...
But I think one good thing is at least you didn't pay a lot in the first place for the d70.
If changing the fliter + changing will let u enjoy the d70 for a longer time, then I guess it's worth, and yea the lens if beyond repair, then get another one :)

I shall wait for Fatigue first :D I believe he is a great guy. He is willing to give me the filter as long as I collect from him, and DIY myself. :( Which is something that I am afraid. Out of 5 things which I dismantle, 5 goes to the rubbish bin. :p

Good luck :)

I shall wait for Fatigue first :D I believe he is a great guy. He is willing to give me the filter as long as I collect from him, and DIY myself. :( Which is something that I am afraid. Out of 5 things which I dismantle, 5 goes to the rubbish bin. :p

Anyone got any cleaning kit to recommend? :D

You may sell the body away cheaply. Best that you let the potential buyer knows what's wrong with the camera, to be fair to him/her. He might buy it to convert to IR-mod body. There are people who buy lenses with fungus on the cheap for use or send them for cleaning.